Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team looks like garbage again
Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
the only  upside I see to keeping Sloter as the #3 is he will get all the scout team O reps in practice,  while the #2 only gets a minimum number of reps and with Cousins and Flipper being new to each other and the offense as a whole,  I am hoping that Cousins is taking a very large part of those starting O reps.
I've thought of this as well recently, and I guess if it's more beneficial to Sloter to be the #3 and get more reps, I'm all for that.  It would only come back to bite us if Cousins goes down and Siemian has to go in, but we would probably be pretty screwed no matter what at that point.  I don't see another Keenum-type performance coming out of either backup QB this year (at least not yet for Sloter).
If Cousins gets injured... the NBA and NHL seasons starts for me. ( i jest)   If it did happen I think I would rather see Sloter out there getting experience (because how else are they supposed to get it, right?) than see a 1 and done guy in Simien fart around and likely net the same overall result.  At least with Sloter I would have optimism.  I can find something worthwhile in watching a baby calf take its first steps on wobbly legs.... watching an old drunk stumble around is just embarrassing.

Ive seen enough.

I dont buy into the notion that because Siemian has won a some games that he should automatically be the #2.  The guys record is terrible.  last season he finished 5-9?  with a QBR of 33?
If anything he had his chance and used it to prove he doesnt deserve to even hold a clipboard.  Sloter has outplayed him at every opportunity. 
Id cut him and use the roster spot for DE rotation or WR depth.  I doubt anyone would scoop him up.  If Cousins goes down I am ready to live with whatever Sloter brings.  If they are worried, name Siemian to assistant QB coach, let him sit in on the meetings etc.. and throw a jersey on him to backup Sloter if Cousins goes down.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
the only  upside I see to keeping Sloter as the #3 is he will get all the scout team O reps in practice,  while the #2 only gets a minimum number of reps and with Cousins and Flipper being new to each other and the offense as a whole,  I am hoping that Cousins is taking a very large part of those starting O reps.
I've thought of this as well recently, and I guess if it's more beneficial to Sloter to be the #3 and get more reps, I'm all for that.  It would only come back to bite us if Cousins goes down and Siemian has to go in, but we would probably be pretty screwed no matter what at that point.  I don't see another Keenum-type performance coming out of either backup QB this year (at least not yet for Sloter).
If Cousins gets injured... the NBA and NHL seasons starts for me. ( i jest)   If it did happen I think I would rather see Sloter out there getting experience (because how else are they supposed to get it, right?) than see a 1 and done guy in Simien fart around and likely net the same overall result.  At least with Sloter I would have optimism.  I can find something worthwhile in watching a baby calf take its first steps on wobbly legs.... watching an old drunk stumble around is just embarrassing.
I would wager keenum and siemian are quite similar.  In fact their preseason experiences with the Vikings are quite similar.  I didn't feel too enamored by Keenum last year and thought he would get cut.  But what do I know. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
I would wager keenum and siemian are quite similar.  In fact their preseason experiences with the Vikings are quite similar.  I didn't feel too enamored by Keenum last year and thought he would get cut.  But what do I know. 
my only issue on keenum last year was his arm strength,  Siemian looks damn near hopeless at times and has many issues to work on.  honesly he looks like the guy that is making the transition from a different position.