Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team looks like garbage again
I’m beginning to think that the team feeds off the completely lackluster play of their QB Siemien.  He might be playing himself off the team tonight, going 2-6 for 15 yards in his first 3 drives tonight.  Time of position was 15 minutes to 2 in favor of the Titans at that point.  He is seriously reminding me of Ponder right now.  Sloter cant get on the field soon enough.

As I was typing that, the team finally put together something resembling a drive for the first time tonight, with Boone finally getting on the field and running well.

The drive stalled at the 22 and Carlson nailed the 39 yard FG right down the middle.

Hopefully it’s now Sloter time as there are less than 2 minutes left in the first half already.

It was not all Siemiens fault but I have no confidence that he can a first down on third and long.  Once Sloter entered the game I thought we could get a TD.

Sloter needs to be the #2.  Period.

Sloter took a big illegal hit to the head, and then just like last week, came back the next play and made a great throw for a TD.  He’s definitely not easily rattled, which I think would serve him well should he ever need to see real action this season.

To update a previous post....so far in the NFL (granted, all preseason games), Kyle Sloter is 62-of-84 (73%) for 697 yards, 8 TDs and 0 INTs.

To me, Siemian looks like he has no confidence out there. He just looks rattled. I will give him that our line is very unsettled right now but c’mon. Sloter has outplayed him by a mile. 

paul Allen has a great take on this....Siemian has played and won real NFL games vs. 1st steing D. Slotwe hasnt. PA doesnt think there is even a competition for QB2.

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
paul Allen has a great take on this....Siemian has played and won real NFL games vs. 1st steing D. Slotwe hasnt. PA doesnt think there is even a competition for QB2.
Yup, I heard PA and Bercich discussing that. I would have to say that he sure looks a long way off from those real games he won...at least at this point. 

Rick had a lot of good things to say about Sloter. It sure seems like he is in the team’s future plans. Siemian could be too, I suppose, but Sloter sure is a gamer and personally I would have loved to see what he could have done against better competition this preseason....oh well...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
To update a previous post....so far in the NFL (granted, all preseason games), Kyle Sloter is 62-of-84 (73%) for 697 yards, 8 TDs and 0 INTs.
Its the reason that he got to be a #3 QB in the NFL.....but preseason and the regular season are in different zip codes. This doesn't mean he should be the backup QB. It means that a guy that hasn't been playing QB very long is getting a NFL shot. Those are PRESEASON stats. Siemian has a winning record as a starting NFL QB against #1 defenses. Its not really comparable.