Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryckophants Ain't Gonna Like These FACTS...
Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
I really don't understand the point to this thread.  Regardless on how bad you want to make Rick Spielman or the Vikings look.  True fans will always cheer and root for this team no matter what.  All your useless bad-mouthing of the Viking Organization isn't going anywhere or changing anyone's' feelings towards this team.  The people on this board will always be loyal fans to the Minnesota Vikings.
Agreed, but as much as I cheer as a season tix holder, I'll be as quick to point out when they've f'ed-up and hold players, coaches and front office accountable. 

Hell, if you can't be hopeful looking out over the next 3-5 years for this franchise? You probably never will be.  

I have no problem with a different opinion.  Freedom of speech is what makes this country great.

All I can say is that the dude is NOT lying.  The Vikings have won only two playoff games since Spielman arrived.

He was a GM in Miami before he came here so I never ever will believe he did not have significant input in all roster decisions from day one.

Having seen all 4 Super Bowl losses and being a fan since 1969, I can totally understand the lack of patience.

The Vikings, and by default, Spielman, have to win a Super Bowl.  That is the only measure remaining for this franchise.

The buck stops with Spielman.  He will get the credit and he will get the blame.  It comes with those paychecks.

But, he has been doing very well since hiring Zimmer.  The team is on the uptick making the playoffs twice since Zimmer arrived. 

Spielman has done a fantastic job in free agency thus far.  Cousins was the top QB on the market and Richardson was the top DT on the market unless you think Suh was better.

He has not added to the corner depth so that leads me to believe we will see an early pick on a corner this year.

If he adds Price, Wynn, or Ragnow too then he is doing as much as he can.  I cannot be mad at his efforts.

I like the direction and am optimistic about the team's chances of going to the Big Dance this year.

In the end though, participation trophies are not going to be good enough.

Minnesota Vikings fans deserve a Super Bowl victory!

A couple of thoughts...
1. yes, I always keep an open mind to alternative viewpoints.
2. However, when the bearer of the alternative viewpoint(s) needs to stoop to personal insults, derogatory and inflammatory language to attempt to make their point (oh wait, isn't that currently "Presidential"?  No I guess that's NY/NJ), it loses whatever impact it might have.

All I can think NJ, is that you must live a hateful, spiteful life.

I have NJ on ignore for at least a year but everyone is keeping this crap thread alive by commenting...like me right now.  Who cares what NJ thinks...I certainly don't.  He lost credibility with me so long ago he is a one trick rick pony with the same rant over and over again with name calling.  Ignore and move on please!

I blame njvike for the Vikings not winning a Super Bowl. He hasn't been a good enough fan. I also blame the beer vendors, the ticket takers, the parking assistants, the quality control coach, the team chaplain and- last but not least - the team chef. (Obviously Moss was on to something)
Clearly they have failed at doing THEIR jobs- because the Vikings haven't won a Super Bowl. I know that none of them have anything to do with what happens during a game... but so what? Just because Rick has built an incredibly talented roster, that doesn't matter. He's supposed to call the plays, install the gameplan and then go out on the field and execute it. So, yes: he's clearly to blame. But at least he's not alone!

Can we let the thread drift back into the pit that is NJ?

Quote: @"njvike" said:

@"Riphawkins" said:
I see the original post was edited at 1:16 am. That probably says a lot about it.
Yeah, I'm sure that time, on a Friday night, seems late for a guy that wears Depends and goes to the local Denny's for the 5:00 early bird dinner specials. Hope you enjoyed your Tapioca pudding today, Rip!
See, you have no real response with any merit, so you just try and rip on someone to make them feel inferior. 

I work shiftwork so i’m up all times of the day and night. You couldn’t handle the hours I keep.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Aw... this is the most fun I've had in awhile!

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"minny65" said:
By giving an idiot an audience?  Like he is coherently reading your post and giving them consideration, come on can't we all just move on from a bait thread and one trick poster child?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"minny65" said:
By giving an idiot an audience?  Like he is coherently reading your post and giving them consideration, come on can't we all just move on from a bait thread and one trick poster child?
Its the off season.  The guys have to fill the void.