Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spielman Haters aren't gonna like
Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
I’m too busy admiring all the Super Bowl Trophies Rick has brought this team to reply....   Ok I’ll just post this. 

Rick is smiley glad hand who apparently gets credit for taking this team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and 2 North Championships but yet no blame for not reaching the Super Bowl because he doesn’t play.    

Zimmer will either get us that Trophy or his replacement will with Zim’s guys, much like Chucky did in Tampa with Dungy’s team.  OR I’ll die having never seen my team in a Super Bowl again after thinking it was just “a normal thing” in the 70s.  

All you "old" guys need to quit complaining...  at least you've actually seen the Vikings PLAY in a Super Bowl.  I've witnessed 5 NFCCG game losses...  at this point, I'd just take a Super Bowl appearance and cross my fingers they finally win it.  :-D
Who you calling old, punk? :-) Yeah, I didn't even realize that until it was mentioned after the Eagles game. 5 straight NFCC losses. In many ways, that's more brutal on the soul than the Super Bowl losses. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:
I’m too busy admiring all the Super Bowl Trophies Rick has brought this team to reply....   Ok I’ll just post this. 

Rick is smiley glad hand who apparently gets credit for taking this team to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years and 2 North Championships but yet no blame for not reaching the Super Bowl because he doesn’t play.    

Zimmer will either get us that Trophy or his replacement will with Zim’s guys, much like Chucky did in Tampa with Dungy’s team.  OR I’ll die having never seen my team in a Super Bowl again after thinking it was just “a normal thing” in the 70s.  

All you "old" guys need to quit complaining...  at least you've actually seen the Vikings PLAY in a Super Bowl.  I've witnessed 5 NFCCG game losses...  at this point, I'd just take a Super Bowl appearance and cross my fingers they finally win it.  :-D
Who you calling old, punk? :-) Yeah, I didn't even realize that until it was mentioned after the Eagles game. 5 straight NFCC losses. In many ways, that's more brutal on the soul than the Super Bowl losses. 
well... 5 is a bigger number than 4,  but no,  IMO the 0-4 record in the superbowl is still the kick in the nads,  not as bad since its been matched,  but none the less, I hope like hell we dont set a new low bar of 0-5.  when we get there we have to win.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

well... 5 is a bigger number than 4,  but no,  IMO the 0-4 record in the superbowl is still the kick in the nads,  not as bad since its been matched,  but none the less, I hope like hell we dont set a new low bar of 0-5.  when we get there we have to win.
Yes we do. If we get there I think Kirk Cousins should go on SNL and guarantee a victory. 

Quote: @"Bezerker88" said:

I give him credit for stocking our roster with good players: nothing more, nothing less.  Anyone who wants to directly attribute wins & losses to him is welcome to, I guess.  But I think it's a bit silly.  Now, if the reason for winning is that you have alot of good players, he gets some credit for that.  (Coaching also has a way of making players into "good" players)  And, if the team is losing because they don't have very many good players, he gets some blame for that. (Again, coaching plays a part in that as well)

So... if someone wants to say that Rick has sucked at his job... in my mind, what they're saying is: "We don't have very many good players."  And I will whole-heartedly disagree with that.  Our defense is stocked at (almost) every position with well-above average players.  And our offense just added a franchise QB + we have one of the best WR combos in the league + we have the RB who was the leading rusher in the league when he went down.  The OL has been our weakness for years... and that is (hopefully) being addressed. 

So, the only logical conclusion I can come up with is this: if anyone says that Rick hasn't done a good job... well, I guess I would have a word for them (that I won't use, out of respect for the people who want this place to stay "nice"- certainly not out of respect for the poster who think Rick sucks, because that guy doesn't deserve any respect).

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

I give him credit for stocking our roster with good players: nothing more, nothing less.  Anyone who wants to directly attribute wins & losses to him is welcome to, I guess.  But I think it's a bit silly.  Now, if the reason for winning is that you have alot of good players, he gets some credit for that.  (Coaching also has a way of making players into "good" players)  And, if the team is losing because they don't have very many good players, he gets some blame for that. (Again, coaching plays a part in that as well)

So... if someone wants to say that Rick has sucked at his job... in my mind, what they're saying is: "We don't have very many good players."  And I will whole-heartedly disagree with that.  Our defense is stocked at (almost) every position with well-above average players.  And our offense just added a franchise QB + we have one of the best WR combos in the league + we have the RB who was the leading rusher in the league when he went down.  The OL has been our weakness for years... and that is (hopefully) being addressed. 

So, the only logical conclusion I can come up with is this: if anyone says that Rick hasn't done a good job... well, I guess I would have a word for them (that I won't use, out of respect for the people who want this place to stay "nice"- certainly not out of respect for the poster who think Rick sucks, because that guy doesn't deserve any respect).
Your patience for this nonsense is admirable. 

While I can’t speak for all the old guys, I will say that having witnessed the carnage four times it might have been easier to be a Lions fan. 

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"Bezerker88" said:

He gets a B grade from me overall for stocking the Defense and whiffing on QB's most of his tenure. Now Case had a good year so an exception -- we'll see with Cousins. 

Fingers crossed for good things. That was a ballsey move by the GM to get KC, and a necessary one. Roster is pretty stacked and a qb with Cousin's pedigree hitting FA mkt is unheard of. 

I really want to move him up to an A. 

I also applaud the Wilfs. Even though I've been thoroughly fleeced on PSL's (like the rest of nfl fans I guess). 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"njvike" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Wow, and here I thought you were just stupid. Turns out you're just woefully uninformed. 
Whoa, you are apparently both ignorant AND stupid.

Please enlighten us as to WHO the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos was in 2017, and who will be the HC of that team in 2018? 

Kubiak obvoiusly had NOTHING to do with their QB decisions in 2017, nor for THIS season. 

LOL, Google it Dipshit. 
Piss off Assclown.

If you believe a part time advisor working from home in Houston, Texas is making the decisions at QB for the Denver Broncos, then I have some wonderful oceanside property available in Nebraska that I can let you have REAL cheap!

What's MOST intersesting to me, in this thread, is how  the mindless Ryckophant's such as yourself are focusing MORE on my comments on who makes decisions for the Bronco's, but can't seem to refute, or have a smarmy middle school comment on DICKY's stellar playoff record.

I eagerly await your insight explaining that pathetic ACTUAL record. EXCUSES don't negate that pathetic reality. Why don't YOU google Rick Spielman playoff WINS. (hint - it will be really quick....the data is EXTREMELY limited)

G'night, Slappy.

I removed NJ from this thread,  (or at least I think I did....first time trying)  Please dont try and pile on or make baiting comments in this line.  what was it that Ma used to say... if you cant say it nicely---shut the fuck up!

this time of year always gets contentious and its easy to fire off with venom,  please remember that we are all trying to be adults here and that we need to treat each other with civility regardless of whether we agree or not.

Easy way to keep a board civil is to ban the trolls. There's a pretty obvious troll here.