Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: John DeFilipo Interview Must Wait?
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
just so everyone isnt expecting miracles,  please note that he is not the OC version of Jesus.   He has had some successes,  but even the great Defilipo couldnt fix jamarcus russell or johnny maziel.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.  Either unlucky or part of the issue?  Twice he has coached an absolute bust and been part of a staff that was fired.
I think everyone that has been interviewed fits that description.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Update: The Eagles have stepped in and declined the Vikings attempt to interview DeFilippo. The interview likely must wait until his contract expires 10 days after the Eagles season ends. 
but how would an employee feel towards their team that has no intention of promoting the and are just being dicks knowing the guy can walk in 10 days anyway.  

Uh... he has 10 days to receive a new offer from the Eagles? 

How would an employee feel if they didn't get a "promotion" but rather got a raise that paid them like they received a promotion? 

The big issue with turning down an extension would be that the  opportunity here in MN is not guaranteed. Turn down an extension and then miss out on the Vikings coordinator job... how would an employee feel about a demotion back in Cleveland?

I'd assume that they weren't just screwing me; that with just 10 days on my contract maybe they want to extend.

I'd know with an OC interview and potential opportunity, I might have a lot of room to negotiate myself a nice deal. They just signaled they don't want me to leave. And hey, in 10 days they are ****ed if they like me.

I also know that if I turn my back on this leverage, it ain't coming back. If I walk out the door in 10 days and miss out on the Vikings job... they'd have to like me an awful lot back in Philly to reboot those higher figured negotiations at the same competitive terms.

Hmph.  I knew none of that.

Makes you wonder how the Browns have been so bad for so long.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Update: The Eagles have stepped in and declined the Vikings attempt to interview DeFilippo. The interview likely must wait until his contract expires 10 days after the Eagles season ends. 
but how would an employee feel towards their team that has no intention of promoting the and are just being dicks knowing the guy can walk in 10 days anyway.  

Uh... he has 10 days to receive a new offer from the Eagles? 

How would an employee feel if they didn't get a "promotion" but rather got a raise that paid them like they received a promotion? 

The big issue with turning down an extension would be that the  opportunity here in MN is not guaranteed. Turn down an extension and then miss out on the Vikings coordinator job... how would an employee feel about a demotion back in Cleveland?
I don’t think it’s a given that if he says “Hey I want to
interview for an OC position” that the Eagles are going to immediately hire a
QB coach to spite him.  He’s still
probably their #1 option for their QB coach position.

I think for him, the new position and responsibility is more
important than the money.  He needs to
continue progressing up the coaching hierarchy. 
I think if he resigns with the Eagles, he’ll have some sort of verbiage
to protect him from being prevented from interviewing.  I don’t think there’s any concern with him
being demoted to Cleveland.  He’s too
high in demand, he’d be given some sort of position at a team he’s favorable
towards.  I’d assume that even if we
picked say, Stefanski over him, we’d still offer him the QB Coach job if the
Eagles shafted him or he was spiteful towards them.

Sources told Adam Caplan that John D. will interview with the Vikes tomarrow.  Whether it's a courtesy interview on his part or legit I don't know.

Quote: @"VikeMike52" said:
Sources told Adam Caplan that John D. will interview with the Vikes tomarrow.  Whether it's a courtesy interview on his part or legit I don't know.
So did philly change their mind or is Adam full of shit?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:
So did philly change their mind or is Adam full of shit?
Apparently its happening tomorrow. I don't have specifics. But either the Eagles gave up trying to get him to stall or he voiced his opinion to be a play caller which wouldn't be a possibility in Philadelphia under Peterson. 

It's really a shitty move by the Eagles, IMO....Shurmer can interview while the season is still ongoing, yet DeFillipo can't AFTER the season is over?

horseshit.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
It's really a shitty move by the Eagles, IMO....Shurmer can interview while the season is still ongoing, yet DeFillipo can't AFTER the season is over?

horseshit.
That's because formally, going from QB coach to OC is not a promotion under NFL rules, they are both "assistant coaching jobs". Therefore a team may decline any such interview request as long as the guy is under contract.