Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: John DeFilipo Interview Must Wait?
As of now the Vikings have time on DeFilippo's schedule for Wednesday. We'll see where it leads. Very interesting they've waited this long to get in front of him. 

What are you're impressions / thoughts Geoff?
any idea the direction Vikes may go?

Clearly they think highly enough of this guy to keep everyone else on ice till they met with him. 

I think they may be waiting to hire an OC then see who he wants as QB.

Update: The Eagles have stepped in and declined the Vikings attempt to interview DeFilippo. The interview likely must wait until his contract expires 10 days after the Eagles season ends. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Update: The Eagles have stepped in and declined the Vikings attempt to interview DeFilippo. The interview likely must wait until his contract expires 10 days after the Eagles season ends. 
How would that move translate to the employee?   Sure the eagles are hoping that by making him wait that the team will have made a different selection,  but how would an employee feel towards their team that has no intention of promoting the and are just being dicks knowing the guy can walk in 10 days anyway.  I would like to see the Vikes be able to promote stefanski if he is their guy and still steal defilipo from the iggles.  Not that I am sold on either guy,  but screw the eagles.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
How would that move translate to the employee?   Sure the eagles are hoping that by making him wait that the team will have made a different selection,  but how would an employee feel towards their team that has no intention of promoting the and are just being dicks knowing the guy can walk in 10 days anyway.  I would like to see the Vikes be able to promote stefanski if he is their guy and still steal defilipo from the iggles.  Not that I am sold on either guy,  but screw the eagles.
Its kind of a silly rule to begin with. If they were interviewing him to be a HC there wouldn’t be a way to block him since its a “promotion”. Its also a promotion to become an OC too. But of course the rule isn’t applied the same way. 

But FWIW the Eagles did block him from any interviews last year since he was under contract. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Its kind of a silly rule to begin with. If they were interviewing him to be a HC there wouldn’t be a way to block him since its a “promotion”. Its also a promotion to become an OC too. But of course the rule isn’t applied the same way. 

But FWIW the Eagles did block him from any interviews last year since he was under contract. 
I am fine with rules when there are contracts involved,  otherwise why have a contract right?  what I think is absolutely jack assish is the iggles not letting him interview when his contract expires in less than 2 weeks.  ( unless he doesnt really want to interview in which case the team is doing him a solid by playing the spoiler role so he doesnt look uninterested in other promotion opportunities.)

So they have to interview him next Wednesday instead of this Wednesday? Lame. Vikings should call that bluff.

Vikings must really want to talk with this dude. 39 years old, young gun. Maybe some of Pederson's moxie will rub off on this guy.