Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get one good reason Treadwell is on the team in 2018?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
i was going to go with the fact that they guys that get paid to evaluate players think that he is the best one for what they are looking for from the WR3 position... but hey,  what do I know.. Im only a fan.

seriously,  why the fuck does this come up every other week,  are some people only happy when they are tearing somebody down or bitching about something?  we went from the worst run team ever in the franchise history to being somewhat respectable in 1 year and we are to believe that having our best blocking receiver getting some snaps doesnt have something to do with that?  we went from being one of the worst offenses in the league last year to a top 10 offense over all,  so obviously the guys making the decisions arent fucking idiots... or maybe Case just loaned  them his horse shoe.
The better question is why does it piss you off so much? Its a legitimate question about a guy who hasn't produced anything and was a high draft pick. I asked for one GOOD reason and the only one that is close to 'good' is that he'd be a huge salary cap hit if he was cut. 

I find it goofy that you'd get so worked up about it.
you've been given good reasons the past dozen times its been brought up,  but since you dont agree with them then they dont count as "good".   goofy is asking the same question time after time and expecting something to change.   goofy is when things are going great looking for something to bitch about in a week when the player really wasnt given the opportunity to make an impact.  WTF difference does it make that he is on the roster and getting reps?  is he taking a better players spot?  wouldnt Coley be out there if he was a better fit?  or is there some sort of grand conspiracy to put guys on the field and bury better talent?   the argument doesnt make sense.

Tread and Wright are both WR's but they don't play the same position = not interchangeable.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Tread and Wright are both WR's but they don't play the same position = not interchangeable.  
no but they can kick Wright into the slot and have AT and Diggs on the outside,  which then makes Tread and Wright interchangeable.

I would have liked a defensive player, preferably Miles Jack.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
i was going to go with the fact that they guys that get paid to evaluate players think that he is the best one for what they are looking for from the WR3 position... but hey,  what do I know.. Im only a fan.

seriously,  why the fuck does this come up every other week,  are some people only happy when they are tearing somebody down or bitching about something?  we went from the worst run team ever in the franchise history to being somewhat respectable in 1 year and we are to believe that having our best blocking receiver getting some snaps doesnt have something to do with that?  we went from being one of the worst offenses in the league last year to a top 10 offense over all,  so obviously the guys making the decisions arent fucking idiots... or maybe Case just loaned  them his horse shoe.
The better question is why does it piss you off so much? Its a legitimate question about a guy who hasn't produced anything and was a high draft pick. I asked for one GOOD reason and the only one that is close to 'good' is that he'd be a huge salary cap hit if he was cut. 

you've been given good reasons the past dozen times its been brought up,  but since you dont agree with them then they dont count as "good".   goofy is asking the same question time after time and expecting something to change.   goofy is when things are going great looking for something to bitch about in a week when the player really wasnt given the opportunity to make an impact.  WTF difference does it make that he is on the roster and getting reps?  is he taking a better players spot?  wouldnt Coley be out there if he was a better fit?  or is there some sort of grand conspiracy to put guys on the field and bury better talent?   the argument doesnt make sense.
In the world of Internet GMs and armchair coaches, it does make sense.  Rick is obviously an idiot, but somehow has blackmailed Zimmer and Shurmur into stroking his ego and playing his picks eventhough Sherels actually beat Waynes out last year and Adams was outplaying Treadwell so he had to be cut.

And the passive aggressive approach is such a winner.  Every single time. 

@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I dont know man.  You stated above that the Vikings going from the worst rushing team in 2016  to #7 in YPG in 2017 as evidence that Treadwell has done a good job in helping out that effort.  I think he has done a decent job of blocking but it should be noted that he has only played on 45% of the snaps too.

The reason for the steep decline from #1 in 2015 to last in 2016 is pretty obvious.  AP and the injuries to the offensive line surely had a lot to do with that decline.

As for what the team wants in the #3 WR, well, I hope it is not a blocking WR.  I think the fact that they went after Alshon Jeffrey pretty hard this off season is an indicator of what they wanted in that #3 WR.

The bottom line is that he has not caught many passes and there are expectations that come with being a #1 WR.  After all, the dude is making more money than Diggs the last two seasons.  If he is going to collect those checks then he needs to step up more.

Add in the fact that there are more than a few other receivers taken since 2016 that have done much better.

I am hoping he makes that 3rd year jump because the team needs more from him besides blocking on half the plays.

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I dont know man.  You stated above that the Vikings going from the worst rushing team in 2016  to #7 in YPG in 2017 as evidence that Treadwell has done a good job in helping out that effort.  I think he has done a decent job of blocking but it should be noted that he has only played on 45% of the snaps too.

The reason for the steep decline from #1 in 2015 to last in 2016 is pretty obvious.  AP and the injuries to the offensive line surely had a lot to do with that decline.

As for what the team wants in the #3 WR, well, I hope it is not a blocking WR.  I think the fact that they went after Alshon Jeffrey pretty hard this off season is an indicator of what they wanted in that #3 WR.

The bottom line is that he has not caught many passes and there are expectations that come with being a #1 WR.  After all, the dude is making more money than Diggs the last two seasons.  If he is going to collect those checks then he needs to step up more.

Add in the fact that there are more than a few other receivers taken since 2016 that have done much better.

I am hoping he makes that 3rd year jump because the team needs more from him besides blocking on half the plays.
that all may be true,  but the fact that the coaches keep him out there says there is more to this position that they are looking for than the stats are saying.  he has been good when given the opportunity,  according to some who watch the all 22 (Guru)  he is getting open but Case is not looking his way very often as he locks in on his primary receivers.  it would be great if he had better numbers,  but if hes getting open but not getting the chances,  how is that on Treadwell?  if we were struggling offensively I would be asking Case why he isnt looking at Treadwell more, but the passing game is working so why the handwringing?

1) Because we’re still fucking in it.  Wink 

LOL that you managed to bring Case being lucky into this discussion.  I find it interesting that a few of the posters that have been the most critical of Case this season are yet somehow willing to defend Treadwell to the end.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

LOL that you managed to bring Case being lucky into this discussion.  I find it interesting that a few of the posters that have been the most critical of Case this season are yet somehow willing to defend Treadwell to the end.
yep,  the situations are the same.   oh wait they arent.