Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly by
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
As cool as those aircraft are, and as awesome as an experience as it must be for you, what a friggin waste of taxpayers money. The cost of flying those 2 from Utah and back with support, for a :07 second TV shot (over a dome no less) is well into 6 figures. This is right up there with the famed 700 dollar hammers in terms of government waste. Enjoy the game.
Why?  WTF is to be gained by making this point here?   Want to discuss perceived tax waste go start a separate thread.  To bring it up in this one, started by a Vikings fan sharing a cool personal experience, is just being an asshole.  
Maybe if you crawled out of Maverick's ass you might get a little more perspective. Goose is that you?  

Jimmy is right.  This makes no sense here.  Take it to another thread and stop shitting on a Viking fan that shared something personal. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
As cool as those aircraft are, and as awesome as an experience as it must be for you, what a friggin waste of taxpayers money. The cost of flying those 2 from Utah and back with support, for a :07 second TV shot (over a dome no less) is well into 6 figures. This is right up there with the famed 700 dollar hammers in terms of government waste. Enjoy the game.
Why?  WTF is to be gained by making this point here?   Want to discuss perceived tax waste go start a separate thread.  To bring it up in this one, started by a Vikings fan sharing a cool personal experience, is just being an asshole.  
Maybe if you crawled out of Maverick's ass you might get a little more perspective. Goose is that you?  
Nope,  you are just being an asshole,  I'm pretty sure most here are going to agree.

like I said,  you want to talk about wasting tax payer dollars,  go start a thread about it,  but you taking this Viking fans thread on a fan board trying to turn it into your political platform is just a dickhead move.  if you cant be decent about the topic of a thread on this board,  then just move along to a different thread... or a different board.

Regardless if it's wasteful or not, it is cool
that it's one of us.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Nope,  you are just being an asshole,  I'm pretty sure most here are going to agree.

like I said,  you want to talk about wasting tax payer dollars,  go start a thread about it,  but you taking this Viking fans thread on a fan board trying to turn it into your political platform is just a dickhead move.  if you cant be decent about the topic of a thread on this board,  then just move along to a different thread... or a different board.
It's not political. It's a simple common sense argument that you want to overlook because it's something you personally think is cool. You want to talk about being "decent" in a thread, then how about starting by not calling people assholes and dickheads? If you don't want to engage in my perspective, there's nothing that says you have to. I made my point. Your counterpoint was heard. I find it to be logically hollow, but be that as it may you made it. Good lord don't get all high and mighty Jimmy. 

You took a personal story and turned it into a political rant.  That is classless.  The OP even explained how your view was a bit hollow itself and others called you out.  Instead you made an inappropriate sexual comment towards both Jimmy and Kloosf and now are claiming the high road.

No sir, you are out of line.  You have been asked to take it elsewhere if you want to continue that opinion.

I also don’t understand the ire here. is there taxpayer waste in the military? You bet. But this is hardly the place to look for it. As mentioned there is a lot of training that likely gets done from this and not just the pilots, but the entire support staff from grounds crews, to ATC, to technicians servicing parts, electronics, maintenance etc. That the publjc might get to enjoy seeing their investments for a fraction of a minute is hardly anything to complain about. After all as you said... We pay for it. And we have paid a shit ton for this vehicle. To get a glimpse of these things is hardly what I would think to whine about as a former military liberal taxpayer. 

Quote: @greediron said:
You took a personal story and turned it into a political rant.  That is classless.  The OP even explained how your view was a bit hollow itself and others called you out.  Instead you made an inappropriate sexual comment towards both Jimmy and Kloosf and now are claiming the high road.

No sir, you are out of line.  You have been asked to take it elsewhere if you want to continue that opinion.
Sexual? Classless? Good lord what a bunch of crap. You goobers trying to paint me as a member of Westboro Baptist is what's classless. lol.. Speaking as a proud father of US Marine who has been overseas for the past 18months, please spare me the warm and fuzzy American pride rhetoric. You don't have to agree with me, but get this straight, I didn't throw out the first insult. It was Jimmy. So don't accuse me of being inappropriate towards him, let alone being classless. I'm done. Flame away gentlemen.

You know, that locking someone out of a thread works well...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You know, that locking someone out of a thread works well...
thank you, it will something to consider going forward... i wouldnt have thought of that as its a bit to passive for me.