Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly by
Just found out yesterday my wing will be doing the fly by for the game. Look for 2 F-35s to fly over the clear part of the roof as the national anthem ends (they’ll also show live footage on the screen). After we land, we’ll haul a$$ to the game and have field access. At some point, they will announce us to the crowd. 

Tom, I’ll look for you.  

Skol and Bring it Home!!!

Quote: @kloosf16 said:
Just found out yesterday my wing will be doing the fly by for the game. Look for 2 F-35s to fly over the clear part of the roof as the national anthem ends (they’ll also show live footage on the screen). After we land, we’ll haul a$$ to the game and have field access. At some point, they will announce us to the crowd. 

Tom, I’ll look for you.  

Were you part of the crew that did the fly by for the titans game in 2016? I met a guy from Shakopee in Nashville that was part of it

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
@kloosf16 said:

Tom, I’ll look for you.  

Were you part of the crew that did the fly by for the titans game in 2016? I met a guy from Shakopee in Nashville that was part of it
That wasn’t us and it wasn’t F35s.  Both me and the other pilot are big Viking fans. I was born in Shakopee though!

Where in the hell are they flying you in from?  It's not like there is a base down the road.

We are flying in from Utah (Hill AFB) on Friday. Park the jets until Sunday. 

We volunteered to support beacuase I am the commander and a Viking Fan. Skol!

Gotcha, figured it would be either Hill or Luke.  Live in Phx now, did 20+ years as an ANG firefighter with f-16's in Fargo.

Congrats, hell of a superbowl weekend, now the Vikes just need to get in......

actually doing the fly by for the game this weekend. They have a heritage flight lined up for the Super Bowl. 

Quote: @kloosf16 said:

Tom, I’ll look for you.  

Very cool!!

I didn't know we had F-35's up here in Minny? I figured F'16 or Eagles.

I will be cheering you on from my stadium seat and thanks for all you do!! 

Ok...definitely one of the coolest fucking  things I've read on here!  

Kloosf,  anyway you can shoot some video of your flyover (cockpit cam, cam pointed at ground,  whatever you got?)  And share it here when you are done?

I would have given both of my nuts to have been able to do what you do for a living,  but there was that whole math thing and 2 really shitty knees that kept me from trying.  I have been looking into getting my pilots liscense now that my kids are grown,  but I have to doubt a Cessna or piper is going to compare to Lockheed Martin.

Way cool and enjoy your experience!

Say if I do get my liscense....think you could hook me up with an old f16 or something yall don't use anymore?  :p

Super mega awesomesauce amazeballs badass!