Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate if the Vikings win it all?
I have been a Viking fan since 1975. I will be at peace with the universe and no longer believe in curses. I will never again ask how a team with this much talent never ends up on top. I look forward to that peace...

Quote: @purpleloki said:
I have been a Viking fan since 1975. I will be at peace with the universe and no longer believe in curses. I will never again ask how a team with this much talent never ends up on top. I look forward to that peace...

Me too, Loki...1975, age 6...and I look forward to and pray for that peace and serenity..

I won't let myself get that far ahead.  One game at a time, and I'll only believe it when I see it.  If they win?  My wife will probably hate it because I'll probably sh!t my pants.

Relief, peace and spending lots of $$ on merchandise to post in my house.

If it happens it will be very emotional for me. I'll certainly raise a toast to my little brother and purple compadre whom I lost 20 years ago. He was a bigger Viking fan than even me. The spring after his death, I forgot about the draft. I forgot about a lot of things that year: my career, my health, my ability to care about anything. Biggest draft nut in the world and while the Vikings wrote "Dwayne Rudd" on their card, I'm snowboarding without a clue it was draft weekend. Seems incomprehensible now. 

So, yeah, that, and I might update my Robert Smith jersey to Stefon Diggs or Dalvin Cook. I might also buy a Vikings pennant and put it over the Packers one in a co-worker's cube. She'll love that. I also have a bit of a man-cave going right now in my basement. Be fun to get a framed picture of Bud Grant holding the Lombardi at USB with confetti raining down. God, let that happen. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
If it happens it will be very emotional for me. I'll certainly raise a toast to my little brother and purple compadre whom I lost 20 years ago. He was a bigger Viking fan than even me. The spring after his death, I forgot about the draft. I forgot about a lot of things that year: my career, my health, my ability to care about anything. Biggest draft nut in the world and while the Vikings wrote "Dwayne Rudd" on their card, I'm snowboarding without a clue it was draft weekend. Seems incomprehensible now. 

So, yeah, that, and I might update my Robert Smith jersey to Stefon Diggs or Dalvin Cook. I might also buy a Vikings pennant and put it over the Packers one in a co-worker's cube. She'll love that. I also have a bit of a man-cave going right now in my basement. Be fun to get a framed picture of Bud Grant holding the Lombardi at USB with confetti raining down. God, let that happen. 
THAT would be amazing.

I havent bought a jersey since Moss in 98.  I will buy a Keenum.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'll change my handle to PurpleIamDone
I've felt the same way for a while now Faithful....not really sure I mean it...but its crossed my mind..
It's the one thing....the only thing, as a sports fan that I care about...I've been a Viking fan since 1970, and at times its consumed my life...

Most people think I'm out of my mind (probably true) that this could mean so much to me...the people here understand...I imagine long time Cub and Red Sox fans understand it...

What will I do? Honestly, I don't know...of course I never think about it...well, not more than about a thousand times a day...I really don't have any idea what I'll do...but, I sure would like to find out..
One thing I do know, I'll cry...I don't care who knows it, who sees it, who judges me for it...I've waited too damn long to care what anyone else thinks...

My wife will be happy for me...and she hopes it'll end my obsession...of course she's also concerned that football becomes meaningless to me...and that means more Sunday's with her...LOL...I figure the Vikings have tortured me, if they win, maybe they'll torture her now... :3

I might celebrate by never watching football again! lol

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
I have a feeling it might actually be a little anti-climactic.  After all these years, we've put it up there so high that I'm not sure it could live up to it.  But I'd like to find out! 

I don't think it will be anti climactic. I remember the feeling I had when the Twins won the WS in '87. A year and a half ago the Cubs fans I know went ape-shit. No, It will be everything you could possibly imagine.

Upon further reflection, the only thing that will take away a bit of the luster for me is the over produced spectacle that it will be. I would just prefer to see the players going wild as they carry Zim off the field.

First things first, the Saints!