Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you celebrate if the Vikings win it all?
As pathetic as it is, a Vikings Super Bowl victory would be a pinnacle in my life. I'm a pretty simple man. It's something I've waited to check off my bucket list my entire life. 

I don't want a wife or kids, so 56 jocks making millions is logically the most important thing in my life right now. If they win, I'm really not gonna know what to do with myself...

I think I'm gonna treat myself to a nice bottle of Johnny Blue (never pay that much for booze), a pack of Camels (quit smoking years ago but fuck it), and try to convince my dickhead friends who don't care about the Vikings whatsoever to go out on the town with me. After that, and this is the most important part: sober February. Not a drop. I usually handle football season pretty heavily drinking-wise, but it always ends for us by January, which is recovery month. Not the case this year, and I'm physically drained. We go hard all day Saturday for college ball, all day Sunday for Vikings/NFL, MNF, and then TNF... I need a break. 

What are you gonna do if the clock hits 0:00 and confetti is falling on the purple?

I'll change my handle to PurpleIamDone

I'm going to climb a hill/mountain and look over a world where all is right....

Then I'll get up and go to work in the morning because the idiots still do the Super Bowl on Sunday night.   Where is the logic in that?

im much like you KB. this is something that has to get done, just to be able to move on with my life

This is like one of those “what would you do if you won the lottery” threads.

If they make it to the SB I will be watching ALONE in my basement, lights out, me and my Samsung TV...I don't want to hear anybody else talking, making snide remarks, celebrating too much or too little, whining....NOTHING...I just want to be left alone in my dark place praying and having an anxiety attack...
IF THEY LOSE...I may not recover. I don't think I can go through all that again. It really depends on HOW they lose. I will say if they get to the big game and lose but get blown out I'll just be pissed like never before....but I MAY recover....really emphasize the may part...If they lose like 98, 09, or 15 I will NOT recover this time. I really don't think I can take any more of these fantastic and exotic last second losses when it counts most.
IF THEY WIN.............This is my lifelong dream too, and I will cry like a baby for a long damn time. Then when it really sinks in I will scream, jump up and down, run outside and scream some more, drop in the snow bank, kick my legs in the air,  and cuss out every single F'n Packers fan I know. I will be on cloud 9 for a long damned time. I won't know what to say or think during free agency or the draft. I won't know what to complain about anymore and that will be strange, as I don't know how to not complain about the Vikings!!! But I'll learn if it happens.

In ‘09 I told my wife if the Vikings won the Super Bowl I was streaking down the middle of our street carry our Vikings flag.

’09 hurt a lot, it took me a while to get over that. I’m not making any plans for celbrations any more.

I’ll most likely cry at the end of the game, win or lose.

Quote: @KingBash said:
As pathetic as it is, a Vikings Super Bowl victory would be a pinnacle in my life. I'm a pretty simple man. It's something I've waited to check off my bucket list my entire life. 

I don't want a wife or kids, so 56 jocks making millions is logically the most important thing in my life right now. If they win, I'm really not gonna know what to do with myself...

I think I'm gonna treat myself to a nice bottle of Johnny Blue (never pay that much for booze), a pack of Camels (quit smoking years ago but fuck it), and try to convince my dickhead friends who don't care about the Vikings whatsoever to go out on the town with me. After that, and this is the most important part: sober February. Not a drop. I usually handle football season pretty heavily drinking-wise, but it always ends for us by January, which is recovery month. Not the case this year, and I'm physically drained. We go hard all day Saturday for college ball, all day Sunday for Vikings/NFL, MNF, and then TNF... I need a break. 

What are you gonna do if the clock hits 0:00 and confetti is falling on the purple?
Whatever you do, forget the Camels. I've never been much of a smoker, but I quit altogether around 2010. Best decision I ever made. Then, my mother in law decided that she was going to come visit the one weekend she was explicitly told NOT to come...draft weekend 2013. I bought her, my wife and kids a weekend in the mountains. In their absence, I watched the Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson draft with a fresh pack of cigs. Thought that would last the weekend. Nearly 5 years later, I'm still smoking. 

I will probably shed a tear. Then start buying shots for the table I am at to cheers the road less traveled!

I'm with Rip, I'll weep either way lol. Then I'll be all like "I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING!"

Then I'll buy my packer fan co-worker another gift (for christmas I found a set of dinosaur skeleton stickers for like a dollar and relabelled them the 'Aaron Rodgers Reconstruction Kit' - he got a kick out of it).

Mostly though I'll smoke a fat cigar (if I remember to pick one up), and party until about 9 am and wonder who won the game when I wake up.