Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistically, where do you think this ends for us?
Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:

My biggest fear is that we make the Super Bowl and face Jacksonville.
If we faced Jacksonville, it would be the Battle if Owners' Epic 'Staches!

For the Vikings, we have Zygi, and his fairly traditional, yet prominent lip caterpillar 'stache...
[Image: rnwa3hqjo68t.png]

For the Jaguars, we have Shahid's Wrath of Khan:
[Image: qnk60yi8ngok.png]

I never thought I'd say this, but damn. Based on the power of that 'stache, I think Zygi loses...
That’s like Mario vs. Stalin.  

I don't have a confident feeling about today's game for some reason....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I have more confidence in this game than any other this season.  From everything I have seen and read they appear to be focused.  The defense is focused on being #1.  They all know a win gets them the bye.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@StickyBun said:
I have more confidence in this game than any other this season.  From everything I have seen and read they appear to be focused.  The defense is focused on being #1.  They all know a win gets them the bye.
Brother, I hope you are spot on. 

Quote: @Poiple said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Poiple said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
I've enjoyed this run as much as any I can recall. 

I am constantly tempering my expectations, because this isn't my first rodeo. 

To everyone's point, this defense keeps us in any game. They just squeeze, and squeeze, and squeeze. X takes away half of the field. Linval occupies 2 blockers, and suffocates the run. We have 2 athletic freaks at LB that can cover, and blitz. We have the best safety in the game that is constantly toying with the opposing QBs.

It's hard to not love our chances against anyone with this defense.
And yet they completly blew it against Carolina on two big runs.  One to Cam and another to Stewart which looked liked one of the worst defensive plays I have seen this squad do.  The guy got through the line and there was no one between him and the goal line except 60 yards of wide open field. 
In 3 of the 4 Viking superbowl losses the Vikes were favored to win, maybe heavily favored.  But they have a history of getting into big games and finding new and amazing ways to lose them.  It’s dumbfounding.  Add in the refs with their fingers on the scales on a few key plays and its tough to believe they get past the NFCCG.
blowing it  against carolina  yea  they lost    but  i read  some  were  ithat no team has won three weeks in a row  against  winning teams  since i think 1969 i could be  wrong on the year  but it was a long  time  i think  thats  just  a hard think  to do  and  also since  i think  2001  no team has won the superbowl with out  a lose after week 10 since 2001   better to lose   in reg season than playoffs so  blow  a game  not  so  much  but  more a lose  on the road against  a good playoff team it happens
Ever heard of punctuation?  That was nearly unreadable.
Its amazing the way that people can cobble together excuses.  Nothing you wrote gives a reasonable reason to believe that this team is any different than previous Viking teams.  That was a big game to determine seeding and homefield advantage against a team that they should have beaten.  The Vikes were a better team and still lost.  It happened before and could happen again.
Dam  I was wondering were  some little person  would  butch about punctuation big Internet  guy you are

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:

My biggest fear is that we make the Super Bowl and face Jacksonville.
If we faced Jacksonville, it would be the Battle if Owners' Epic 'Staches!

For the Vikings, we have Zygi, and his fairly traditional, yet prominent lip caterpillar 'stache...
[Image: rnwa3hqjo68t.png]

For the Jaguars, we have Shahid's Wrath of Khan:
[Image: qnk60yi8ngok.png]

I never thought I'd say this, but damn. Based on the power of that 'stache, I think Zygi loses...
If that's the deciding factor, we really only have 1 chance.  The Wilfs must sell the team to me.

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@Poiple said:
@Viking1987 said:
@Poiple said:
@Clanzomaelan said:
I've enjoyed this run as much as any I can recall. 

I am constantly tempering my expectations, because this isn't my first rodeo. 

To everyone's point, this defense keeps us in any game. They just squeeze, and squeeze, and squeeze. X takes away half of the field. Linval occupies 2 blockers, and suffocates the run. We have 2 athletic freaks at LB that can cover, and blitz. We have the best safety in the game that is constantly toying with the opposing QBs.

It's hard to not love our chances against anyone with this defense.
And yet they completly blew it against Carolina on two big runs.  One to Cam and another to Stewart which looked liked one of the worst defensive plays I have seen this squad do.  The guy got through the line and there was no one between him and the goal line except 60 yards of wide open field. 
In 3 of the 4 Viking superbowl losses the Vikes were favored to win, maybe heavily favored.  But they have a history of getting into big games and finding new and amazing ways to lose them.  It’s dumbfounding.  Add in the refs with their fingers on the scales on a few key plays and its tough to believe they get past the NFCCG.
blowing it  against carolina  yea  they lost    but  i read  some  were  ithat no team has won three weeks in a row  against  winning teams  since i think 1969 i could be  wrong on the year  but it was a long  time  i think  thats  just  a hard think  to do  and  also since  i think  2001  no team has won the superbowl with out  a lose after week 10 since 2001   better to lose   in reg season than playoffs so  blow  a game  not  so  much  but  more a lose  on the road against  a good playoff team it happens
Ever heard of punctuation?  That was nearly unreadable.
Its amazing the way that people can cobble together excuses.  Nothing you wrote gives a reasonable reason to believe that this team is any different than previous Viking teams.  That was a big game to determine seeding and homefield advantage against a team that they should have beaten.  The Vikes were a better team and still lost.  It happened before and could happen again.
Dam  I was wondering were  some little person  would  butch about punctuation big Internet  guy you are
Damn, I was wondering what you would find to whine about next.   Did you even look? It wasnt like he forgot a comma.  ZERO punctuation at all.  none.  entire paragraphs run to together.  

Quote: @Poiple said:
@BStads said:
If Viking fans contributed to the game (besides cheering from the stands), the Vikings would lose each playoff and SB game, endlessly.  Similar to Sisyphus rolling his rock up the hill. 

Thank goodness the current players and coaches are not carrying the negative baggage of past losses like the fans. 

I believe the players and coaches see a path to winning the SB and are confident in themselves and the team. 
I am sure every player is well aware of the Vikings history.  It is amazing to me that someone would believe that they arent.

0-4
The odds defying meltdown of 98
The 41-0 beatdown in the Meadowlands 
Bountygate

Naw, Im sure non of the players know anything about any of it.
Where did I say the players are not aware?  I’m simply confident they don’t carry the negative baggage if past losses like fans. 

You’re an idiot.