Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistically, where do you think this ends for us?
Asking seriously, if you had to put a sizable amount of money on this and removed your emotions, where does our season end? Divisional round? NFCCG? Super Bowl? Or during a parade in Minneapolis?

Not to cut into the fun of all the other threads and the enjoyment, but I've fallen for this schtick too many times. I have a tough time thinking we beat New England and think they'd just outplay us in the Super Bowl. And that's if we're fortunate enough to get past New Orleans again...

It would be a crapshoot for me to pick one. I think we have the ability to go all the way this year. I like this team better than 09 and its better balanced than 98 too.  

But we could just as easily lose to any of the NFC teams we'll face. Its just a matter of who plays better on a given day. 

Bovada would tell us emphatically its a Vikings vs NE SB in Feb. 

I am honestly not thinking about it. I am just enjoying each game the Vikings win.

My hope every year is to win the Super Bowl. I hope that happens, but I just try not to think about what stops them from getting there.

Vegas likes the Vikings, that tells you something right there. Those boys got it down to a science. What will be, will be.

my head says this is the year,  my heart is screaming for mercy and telling me to go watch basketball.

The scarred, always disappointed fan inside me says it'll end as it always has....horribly somehow. But there's also the little voice that says, 'maybe not this time'. 

I'm enjoying the ride until they tell me to get off. 

I just know Lucy is going to hold that ball...positive...

I've enjoyed this run as much as any I can recall. 

I am constantly tempering my expectations, because this isn't my first rodeo. 

To everyone's point, this defense keeps us in any game. They just squeeze, and squeeze, and squeeze. X takes away half of the field. Linval occupies 2 blockers, and suffocates the run. We have 2 athletic freaks at LB that can cover, and blitz. We have the best safety in the game that is constantly toying with the opposing QBs.

It's hard to not love our chances against anyone with this defense.

Super bowl victory

Here's why...
Defense = For sure
Offense can sustain drives and has the ability to strike quickly when necessary
Play mostly mistake free football
Great Coaching staff, seeing the adjustments being made every game (this has been a big problem for us previously)
AFC competition is down this year

If we play our game and avoid mistakes, we can beat anyone.  Based on the 12-3 (going to be 13-3) record, I'd say odds are in our favor that this continues...

I voted "Win SB".  I'll really only believe that when I actually see it.

Just trying to enjoy this ride one game at a time, and not over think it.  B)