Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer announces Keenum to start Thursday in Detroit
Quote: @holmanjp said:
@JimmyinSD said:

whats he supposed to say?   he has a plan and its currently Case,  that should be evident to even the most ardent Teddy supporter.  Case did nothing to change this current plan so why would it even be a question.   its constantly argued that as long as Case has been playing and playing well that he should be considered the starter... well why then would a coach have to say who his starter is each week when nothing in the status quo has changed... however why would he put his thoughts out to the public on the matter when they are likely very fluid.   like i've said for a few weeks,  its not likely set in stone what would have to happen for Case to lose the job.   I would imagine it will be what ever it is that makes Zim lose confidence in Cases ability to get the job done on Sunday.
He could end it by stating Case is the starter if healthy.
He would be stupid to say, until he has a bad game/quarter/half.

No matter how GREAT you think Ted is, he will have a bad game/quarter/half.
I can't imagine teams are waiting on pins and needles for Zim to announce the starter.
When he does declare Case. I don't think they stop sweating bullets, and thank their
lucky stars, because Ted is not playing against them.

He started the whole thing with the stupid comment about not knowing a couple weeks ago.
He is the one who needs to end it, if he doesn't want to be bothered with the same questions every week.

He has stated he has a plan.  No need to tell everyone the plan. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

he was with Houston for 2 years then the rams for 2 years and now the Vikes?  where are you getting 5 teams?
He went to Houston for the 2013 season as an UDFA.  Then he was cut by Houston prior to the 2014 season. The Rams added him that season and later cut him.  Then Houston signed him back towards the end of the 2014 season.  He was then traded from Houston to the Rams in 2015 and played there for two years.  Then in 2017, he signed with the Vikings.
I guess it might be easier to say he changed teams 5 times in his career...

So more like, 2 teams could not make up their mind about him, and Rick made a great decision.

See how that sounds better, than shitting on the starting QB for your favorite team.
shitting on... thats taking it a bit far isnt it?  
I was not directing that towards Lander.

Yes there are posters praying he has a bad game.
Willing to sacrifice a win now just to say I told you so or never post again.
The other board I post in is filled with Ted fans not necessarily Vikings fans. 

The day Ted does start, I will be defending him again. Just like in 2015. 
I'll will admit I will be nervous.
People have to remember his leg almost fell off playing don't touch the QB.
His team mates were throwing up!!!!!

@JimmyinSD said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

he was with Houston for 2 years then the rams for 2 years and now the Vikes?  where are you getting 5 teams?
He went to Houston for the 2013 season as an UDFA.  Then he was cut by Houston prior to the 2014 season. The Rams added him that season and later cut him.  Then Houston signed him back towards the end of the 2014 season.  He was then traded from Houston to the Rams in 2015 and played there for two years.  Then in 2017, he signed with the Vikings.

So more like, 2 teams could not make up their mind about him, and Rick made a great decision.

See how that sounds better, than shitting on the starting QB for your favorite team.

ive only seen one person on this board shit on Case and that poster just showed up yesterday.  I am sure there are people that feel the way you mentioned,  but all of us that want to see Teddy play are not hoping that it comes from a failure of Cases or worse yet and injury.  Other boards are other boards,  I could likely find posts that are pro Case for reasons that you would not want to be associated with.

As far  as Teddys leg.. nobody will convince me that a perfectly healthy knee became dislocated on a simple drop back.  I am not saying he was hit,  but I cant believe that there wasnt other damage that led to this event.  I am comfortable though with him playing as soon as they put him in there.   Its his leg and he has earned that opportunity,  and if the surgeons, team docs, and coaches all say he is ready... well then I would be pretty stupid to say otherwise.  that is one arguement that I have heard as a reason not to play him... his knee his knee his knee... well the professionals all say its good to go.  IMO there is only 1 good reason not to play him right now and that is simply because Case is on a roll,  warts and all its working so leave it alone for the time being.

I doubt anyone is praying Case has a bad game. Any time someone expresses an opinion that this offense might be even better with Teddy Bridgewater (really, not that crazy of an opinion, or even a minority one), that opinion is then distorted into this caricatured opinion, or "straw man" as some would call it. As I've said many times before, I'm not a Teddy fan or a Case fan or a Sam fan. I'm a Viking fan. And I want what's best for the Vikings. But as a Viking fan for 45 years, I'm in this for the long haul. And I think what's best for the Vikings long term is to AT LEAST find out what they have in Teddy.

If you were around before the season, you might remember that I expressed the opinion that I found it really hard to see a future in purple for Bridgewater. I thought Sam would explode in this offense, and while Teddy recovered (or didn't), Sam would become what he was drafted to be: an elite QB. He would then get extended, leaving us no choice but to "toll" and then trade Teddy Bridgewater. We were even talking about what Teddy might draw in trade. Well....funny how things turned out. 

Games 2-8: will Bradford start or will Keenum start - no real controversy.

Games 9-11: will Keenum start or will Bridgewater start - biggest controversy ever, moron coach if Bridgewater starts, ride the hot hand, dividing the locker room, some fans are hoping Keenum fails...

We win on Thursday and "benching Keenum" might start getting replaced by "resting Keenum."

@JimmyinSD said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Hyperbole, thy name is holmanjp

Quote: @greediron said:
@holmanjp said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@holmanjp said:
@Wetlander said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Hyperbole, thy name is holmanjp
Ok I exaggerated about leg almost falling off. What would you call it? rotating 360 degrees.

@holmanjp said:

@holmanjp said:
shitting on the starting QB for your favorite team.

!!!
Ok I exaggerated about leg almost falling off. What would you call it? rotating 360 degrees.

Quote: @greediron said:
@holmanjp said:

@holmanjp said:

@holmanjp said:
shitting on the starting QB for your favorite team.

!!!

And you quoted me with out a reply, Because???

Narcissists,  thy name is greediron