Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peterson's Week
Upon further review....

"I take all that [expletive] back I said yesterday," Arians said during a news conference Monday after confirming Blaine Gabbert will remain the starting quarterback for Week 12. "That was a damn good call, and we busted an assignment at the point of attack. That was an easy pickup.

"They did not whoop us up there, we just turned them loose. I take everything I say back."

The Cardinals were down 24-21 with 6:33 left in the fourth quarter when they decided to go for it on fourth-and-1 from their own 35. Adrian Peterson was stopped immediately in his tracks for a 1-yard loss. On the next play, Texans rookie running back D'Onta Foreman then scored on a 34-yard run to give the Texans a 10-point lead.

Arians credited offensive coordinator Harold Goodwin for designing a "hell of play," that didn't work because one of the interior  linemen blocked the "wrong damn guy."

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000880879/article/bruce-arians-my-play-call-didnt-cost-cardinals-a-win

I saw he retracted what he said.  At the press conference he said it was a hotrible call and those calls are based on trust and there won't be anymore trust.  

He was just frustrated and upon furher review he saw a missed block.  But that would be my point - the old AP could fight through dragging 5 guys on him.  I guess it could work if everyone does everything as expected. 

OK
Let's pretend he gets 1 more yard
& then what ?

Maybe bigtd's is right, we should move on.

I do get why people are mad at AP and I wouldn't tell anyone how to feel about him.

But I personally hope he does well wherever he's at, so long as he's not playing against us. Hopefully time will heal wounds quickly once he retires and he'll be welcomed back as one of the best Vikings ever, which he is. I look forward to that day and would love to be there for his Ring of Honor halftime moment.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
 And then when he came back, it was obvious that his limitations were hurting the offense and Teddy's development in particular.  Good riddance.  Having RBs that can actually catch, pass protect, and run out of the shotgun has been so refreshing this year.
I remember 2015.  AD led the league in carries, the Vikings ran the ball on 1st down the most of anyone in the league at a ridiculous 67%, and the Vikings avg. yard per play on first down was 32nd... dead bleeping last.  Any DC with an IQ higher than Leslie Frazier knew what was coming on first down.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I saw he retracted what he said.  At the press conference he said it was a hotrible call and those calls are based on trust and there won't be anymore trust.  

He was just frustrated and upon furher review he saw a missed block.  But that would be my point - the old AP could fight through dragging 5 guys on him.  I guess it could work if everyone does everything as expected. 
Kind of defeats the purpose of the need for an HOF back if they don't really have to do anything special,  just run through a hole...and not fumble. 

There is no need for a HOF back.  Any young guy could do as well as the current AP or better on a fourth and one play call. 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
There is no need for a HOF back.  Any young guy could do as well as the current AP or better on a fourth and one play call. 
Exactly, and it's one of the ironic laughs about Peterson's devoted disciples. For years, they argued that he was worth whatever we paid him, whatever else was bad about him, because he was so incredible that he could gain yards all by himself and he made the OL and other players around him look better than they were.

Then he started to suck and his apologists (and his dad and then Peterson himself) started telling us it was the fault of the Vikings'  offensive line. I'm kind of surprised no one on this board has claimed (yet) that if we had kept Peterson, with our 2017 OL he would already have over 2,000 yards.