Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the team gets to 6/2...
Net/net, Vikings are an upper echelon NFC team 1st 1/2 of the season...We'll get to watch now who gets hot, back on track, wins the war of attrition.

I still believe Atlanta and Carolina are going to bounce back. The time to have played them is probably past.

I hope our best football is still ahead. So much question @ QB though - we need some "lady luck" at that position. 

Eight favorites -- including the Vikings -- have emerged 100 days from Super Bowl
As we near the midpoint of the regular season, making it to the Super Bowl is still a theoretical possibility for most teams. But we’ve also learned enough to distinguish which teams have the best chance
As of Friday, we will be 100 days away from Super Bowl 52 in Minneapolis. As we near the midpoint of the regular season, making it to the Super Bowl is still a theoretical possibility for most teams. But we’ve also learned enough to distinguish which teams we think — as of now — have the best chance of appearing at U.S. Bank Stadium on Feb. 4.
At this point, the realistic list includes eight teams — three from a top-heavy AFC and five from a more wide-open NFC. And yes, the Vikings are among those eight teams. Let’s take a quick spin through each one, starting with the AFC.
*Patriots: The defense had some early stumbles but has allowed just 38 points in its last three games. New England is the defending Super Bowl champion, owns a 5-2 record and still has Tom Brady as its quarterback. If there’s a true favorite, this is it. If the Patriots make it to Minneapolis … only Patriots fans will be happy.
*Chiefs: Kansas City started the year 5-0 before back-to-back losses slowed its momentum. Still, the Chiefs have a forgiving second-half schedule and look to be a legitimate threat with a much more dynamic offense than in years past. If the Chiefs make it to Minneapolis … Vikings fans will constantly be reminded about Super Bowl IV.
*Steelers: 
*Eagles: This is the trendy pick of the moment, given that Philadelphia is alone atop the NFL with a 6-1 record. Second-year QB Carson Wentz is playing brilliantly, and the defense is solid. Philadelphia will be tested with road games after the bye against the Cowboys, Rams and Seahawks. If the Eagles make it to Minneapolis … get ready for all of North Dakota to invade this state for a glimpse of Wentz.
*Seahawks: 
*Saints: 
*Falcons: 
*Vikings: You knew it was coming, right? And it’s legit. The Vikings have lost key offensive pieces and kept functioning, while the defense has graduated from very good to great. Their 5-2 record will be tested against better competition in the second half, but in a wide open conference they have a chance. If the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl … I can’t even imagine what would be like.
http://www.startribune.com/eight-favorit...453419893/

7 points scored. At home. Vs. a Detroit team missing its entire LB Corps.

But yeah, this team is favored in most games going forward according to many on here.

Last year's team had zero margin for error due to an awful O-Line and no rushing attack.

This year's team has zero margin for error due to having a 2nd String QB starting most games so far, against mostly unproven or seriously banged up Defenses.

A turnover or two, missed kicks, lapses in ST coverage, unable to flip the field.  Any combination of these will result in a loss against decent teams, especially on the road.

I was at the Detroit game.  You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win.  If we turn the ball over like that on any of the games for the rest of the season, we can't win.  I am crossing my fingers that the Detroit game was an anomaly.  If we win the turnover battle (highly unpredictable, however) we have a legit shot to win every game...including GB in Lambeau.

Barring injuries to QB's, I see 5 wins after the bye. 11-5 with Keenum at the helm is quite a feat...

I thought and predicted that we would be fighting for our second division crown in 3 years and I still do!

PF you define the Viking Fan. Ha!

I keep looking up but I just don't see any shoes ready to drop. We are a good team. At some point we have to accept that. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
7 points scored. At home. Vs. a Detroit team missing its entire LB Corps.

But yeah, this team is favored in most games going forward according to many on here.

Last year's team had zero margin for error due to an awful O-Line and no rushing attack.

This year's team has zero margin for error due to having a 2nd String QB starting most games so far, against mostly unproven or seriously banged up Defenses.

A turnover or two, missed kicks, lapses in ST coverage, unable to flip the field.  Any combination of these will result in a loss against decent teams, especially on the road.

I completely agree...  if Keenum has to finish out the season for us, our margin for error is extremely thin.  However, I think the majority of predictions in this thread are under the assumption that either Bradford or Bridgewater will be healthy coming out of the bye week.  Hence, the optimism.
That said, we're going to lose some games in the second half.  I don't see us running the table as much as I would love for that to happen.  But this team with a healthy Bradford or Bridgewater is definitely better than the team that went 11-5 in 2015.  If the Vikings can get to 6-2 this weekend and come out of the bye with Sam or Teddy...  11-5 or 12-4 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

shhh . .  but Teddy is healthy.  If he wasn’t healthy enough, he wouldn’t be at practice, getting reps with the 1’s.

Case beats Washington, he starts vs Rams
If he struggles in the first half vs the Rams, out comes Teddy in the second half
If he loses to Washington, particularly due to his poor play, Teddy starts vs the Rams
If he beats Washington, and beats St Louis, he’s 5-1 as a starter and starts the Thanksgiving Day game, he deserves it

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
PF you define the Viking Fan. Ha!

I keep looking up but I just don't see any shoes ready to drop. We are a good team. At some point we have to accept that. 
LOL, hey now....you must be kidding just a smidge? 16 games in a season and these are the Vikings. Love how they've performed so far. Not projecting a slump, but more one game at a time. I'll be more optimistic with Bradford or Teddy in there that we don't hit some kind of wall.