Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone hear Addison DUI?
(07-16-2024, 01:10 PM)ArizonaViking Wrote: I remember years ago, right after the draft they used to have a seminar for all the draft picks to attend discussing all these topics from DUIs, money management or any other negative activities that would impact their careers.  Veterans would attend to discuss these issues with them.  Whatever happened to them?

I don't think Cris Carter helped in the Rookie Symposiums the NFL used to have, lol. The infamous 'Fall Guy' speech:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1349...s-fall-guy
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I guess those concerned about his excessive speeding last offseason being more than just an "immaturity" once-off aren't wrong yet. We need this kid and hope he pulls his head out of his ass sooner rather than later on the heels of Khyree Jackson, this is just a horribly bad look heading towards training camp

(07-16-2024, 01:10 PM)ArizonaViking Wrote: I remember years ago, right after the draft they used to have a seminar for all the draft picks to attend discussing all these topics from DUIs, money management or any other negative activities that would impact their careers.  Veterans would attend to discuss these issues with them.  Whatever happened to them?

The Googler says they still have them, but rather than the NFL having one big one, they're now run by each individual team for each team's class of rookies. The NFL mandates that each NFL team hosts one each year, and that they must include various things, including "social responsibility for players, which covers league policies and the ramifications of issues like driving under the influence, or committing acts of domestic violence or sexual assault."

So you can rest assured that Addison got his talking to, as he likely did at USC and Pitt as well.

(07-16-2024, 01:30 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: I don't think Cris Carter helped in the Rookie Symposiums the NFL used to have, lol. The infamous 'Fall Guy' speech:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1349...s-fall-guy

Yep, Carter's comment on finding a fall guy, which Warren Sapp reportedly agreed with, is apparently why the NFL pushed the symposiums off onto the teams. Idiotic thing for Cris to say.

Supposedly, Addison has taken all Vikings pics off of his Instagram page, though I haven't confirmed that. If so, he's sending a truly stupid message.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I dont think there is any doubt he is going to get a suspension from this.

Hopefully they figure out if he's just stoopid or has a problem.

I know they like Nailor, but I'm also sure they'll be watching for opportunities to enhance the WR room.  I dont know how comfortable they are counting on Addison?

I saw a article somewhere offering up Addison to the Niners for Brandon Aiyuk, I wouldnt mind the player, but he is going to want a major new deal and even with the rookie QB contract, i think we have better places to spend that cash.

(07-20-2024, 06:13 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I saw a article somewhere offering up Addison to the Niners for Brandon Aiyuk, I wouldnt mind the player,  but he is going to want a major new deal and even with the rookie QB contract,  i think we have better places to spend that cash.

Without Addison we may not. Having a talented young receiver on his rookie contract alongside Jefferson is what makes the future seem so bright for this team and its QBOTF. But I doubt it makes much sense to have your two highest paid players in the same position, which is what would result from a Aiyuk trade. 

We need to keep Addison, but since this might very well be a red shirt / prep year anyway, it might make sense to take the Addison medicine now and do what it takes to clean the kid up. Rehab, suspension, whatever

(07-20-2024, 06:13 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I saw a article somewhere offering up Addison to the Niners for Brandon Aiyuk, I wouldnt mind the player,  but he is going to want a major new deal and even with the rookie QB contract,  i think we have better places to spend that cash.

Addison isn't going anywhere. The Vikings still love him. He's immature. And very talented. Brandon Aiyuk? Why? We still have the flexibility with Addison's rookie contract and he'll be a top 4 #2 WRer in the NFL. Minnesota already has the best WRer in the NFL.

[Image: GettyImages-1916353842.jpg?itok=o4xhXsHd]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

That article, w/ the proposed trade, also included the Vikings 2026 1st round pick, no thanks…!
[-] The following 2 users Like Kentis's post:

(07-20-2024, 12:04 PM)Kentis Wrote: That article, w/ the proposed trade, also included the Vikings 2026 1st round pick, no thanks…!

So it was started by a delusional niners fan apparently, what I read didnt mention that part.