Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone hear Addison DUI?
Or is it fake?

Former USC receiver Jordan Addison, now with Vikings, arrested near LAX on suspicion of DUI

By City News Service | [email protected] and Luca Evans | [email protected]
July 14, 2024 at 3:22 p.m.

EL SEGUNDO — Former USC wide receiver and current Minnesota Vikings star Jordan Addison was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after being caught asleep at the wheel near LAX, authorities said Sunday.

On Friday night at about 11:06 p.m., the Los Angeles Communications Center notified the California Highway Patrol that a disabled vehicle was blocking lanes from the westbound Glen Anderson (105) Freeway to northbound Sepulveda Boulevard, according to an arrest report obtained by the Southern California News Group.

Officers responding to the area reported a white Rolls-Royce blocking the number one lane of the freeway “with the driver asleep behind the wheel,” according to the arrest report. A spokesperson for the CHP confirmed Sunday that the driver was asleep when officers arrived at the scene.

Addison, 22, was arrested at approximately 11:36 p.m. after a DUI investigation was complete. He was released at 1:36 a.m. Saturday, the report added. No other information was immediately available from the CHP Sunday.

Addison’s agent, Timothy Younger, did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Sunday afternoon.

“We are aware of Jordan Addison’s arrest this past Friday and are currently gathering more information regarding the incident,” the Minnesota Vikings wrote in a statement obtained by the Southern California News Group.

After being named a consensus All-American and winning a Fred Biletnikoff Award in 2021 at the University of Pittsburgh, Addison transferred to USC from Pitt in 2022, recruited heavily by quarterback Caleb Williams while in the portal. He quickly became Williams’ top deep threat and a major contributor in the Trojans’ turnaround in head coach Lincoln Riley’s first season, earning All-Pac-12 First Team honors after catching 59 passes for 875 yards and eight touchdowns.

Following his success as a junior at USC, Addison was drafted in the first round, 23rd overall, in the 2023 NFL draft by the Vikings. He caught 70 passes for 911 yards and 10 touchdowns in his rookie season.

Addison, driving a Lamborghini Urus, had been pulled over on July 20, 2023 and cited for speed and reckless driving before reporting to his first training camp with the Vikings.

Anyone with information regarding the incident near LAX was urged to call the CHP’s West Los Angeles office at 310-642-3939 or, after hours, the CHP’s Los Angeles Communications Center at 323-259-3200.

https://www.dailynews.com/2024/07/14/for...leged-dui/

Hmmm...

I'm starting to get some heebie jeebies heading into this season...

I'm going to do some work to put that genie back in the bottle.

Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Jordan Addison was arrested in Southern California on a DUI charge on Friday night, according to the OC Register’s Luca Evans.

Addison, officers said, was “asleep behind the wheel” of a white Rolls-Royce that was stopped blocking a freeway lane near Los Angeles International Airport just after 11 p.m. on Friday. Addison was arrested about a half hour later after a DUI investigation was completed. He was released from jail about two hours later.

Addison was officially charged with suspicion of drunk driving.

"We are aware of Jordan Addison's arrest this past Friday and area currently gathering more information regarding the incident," the Vikings said in a statement Sunday, via ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

The incident is the second driving-related issue Addison has had with the Vikings in his career. He was cited for reckless driving last July just before training camp started after driving 140 mph in a 55-mph zone in his Lamborghini Urus in the Minneapolis area. Addison was not arrested in that incident, though he later agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor speeding charge and pay a fine.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-wr-jord...18021.html

And the life of Vikings fans continues as normal.
[-] The following 4 users Like FLVike's post:

(07-14-2024, 09:06 PM)FLVike Wrote: And the life of Vikings fans continues as normal.

Yep. Why expect anything else?

My response when reading this on ESPN "oh great, here we go again". Guess he doesn't know what Uber is.

This kid has been very very lucky on two occasions now. The 1st time driving his Maserati at 140 MPH in a 55 in Mpls because his "dog was sick." Now, presumably hammered, stopped and asleep at the wheel of his Rolls in a moving lane on the 105 in LA.

But for the grace of God go I. I've driven hammered more times than I can count (thankfully all in my past), but I've never been so hammered I fell asleep at the wheel on the damn freeway. I mean, that requires a level of intoxication I don't think I've ever reached in my life. 

By all accounts, Addison has had a great offseason. He's worked his ass off and he's ready to expand on a terrific rookie season. But if he's not careful, he's going to kill someone and all of the money and the fame and the girls and the cars...all of it goes away. Someone on the Vikings needs to have a long talk with young Jordan. 

Speaking of cars, I get it. You're young and wealthy. Go get yourself a nice car. But a Rolls? C'mon man. Talk about pimpmobile.

I live near there and have taken that lane many times to get to LAX. Friday night is one of the worst times to be going that way as airport traffic is awful with many travelers come into LA for the weekend or coming back from business trips. Just this week, I left Thursday night instead of Friday to avoid that traffic. There is a light at the end of the exit and the airport traffic is especially bad there, he could have been waiting in that lane for 20-30 minutes trying to get past the light and guessing with a Rolls it has the feature that the car will stay stopped when you brake without you holding the break, so with the combination of the alcohol, being late and just sitting there, I could see that happening. Hopefully it was more of the latter two for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

The way things are going for the Vikings...they should have weekly AA meetings mandatory for training camp.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArizonaViking's post:

Wake up call, Addison. Three strikes and you're out. KOC is going to have a conversation with this kid, I promise you.

I suspect this goes beyond conversations, long talks and threats.

My $ is on that Addison needs chemical dependency help.

Vikings org needs to connect the kid with the resources to get to the core of the problem - besides the obvious one of him making dumb decisions in life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: