Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
So....how's everyone feeling?
Next year’s draft target: Mason Graham…Boom!  Cool Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

Pellisero just confirmed what I suspected earlier in this thread that the Vikings we're good taking either McCarthy or Penix at #11, but when Penix unexpectedly went to Atlanta they felt they had to move up to grab McCarthy, who they gave a slight edge in rankings between the two.

(04-30-2024, 08:28 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Pellisero just confirmed what I suspected earlier in this thread that the Vikings we're good taking either McCarthy or Penix at #11, but when Penix unexpectedly went to Atlanta they felt they had to move up to grab McCarthy, who they gave a slight edge in rankings between the two.

Exactly, when I was watching I said to myself that we would have our pick of McCarthy, Penix, and Nix. So we would find out which one they really liked. But when Penix was picked they had to secure McCarthy with the trade up.

So there's a video that shows KAM and KOC talking just before the Draft kicked off:

KOC: (patting KAM's shoulder) 'I feel like its going to be a good night tonight'.
KAM: 'We're good, we're ready, right?....we've got plans'.
KOC: 'Plans?? We've got plans on plans on plans' (smile on his face, looking down at his notes).

They were prepared for the various contingencies and unpredictability of the Draft.

Working in a pro sports front office isnt for the faint hearted or thinned skin, that's for sure...

I suspect the halls @ TCO Performance in Eagan are pretty, pretty quiet this week.

Scratch the quiet this week...Rookie 3 day, post draft mini camps are first 1/2 May.

Ask me in August, when we start seeing preseason footage. It's all hopes and guesswork 'til then.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

Getting back to the original op question, I guess I feel relieved! Because in the back of my head & twisted Viking psyche, I feared missing out on any of my preferred Qb’s. Kwazy came through when I definitely had my doubts, so relieved I am…  Cool Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Kentis's post:

(05-01-2024, 08:06 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Working in a pro sports front office isnt for the faint hearted or thinned skin, that's for sure...

I suspect the halls @ TCO Performance in Eagan are pretty, pretty quiet this week.

Scratch the quiet this week...Rookie 3 day, post draft mini camps are first 1/2 May.

What about just being a Vikings fan?
[-] The following 2 users Like FLVike's post:

Relieved is a good word. Also hopeful. Like others, I agree it does seem like we're a year away. But crazier things have happened. If Darnold or JJM can get us some wins early, maybe we go shopping for a DT before the deadline and are back in business even sooner than expected. But being realistic, we do probably need more help on the interior of both lines. We need to extend Jets. Next year we need to extend Darrisaw. So the wheel will keep spinning but if JJM and Turner can play, we keep JJ and Addison happy and thriving, and if our Houston imports on defense-- along with IPJ-- can perform well, we have some great pieces moving forward.

Most of all, I'm glad this team has a clear plan and path moving forward, post-Kirk. The will we/won't we Kirk/Vikings saga of the past few years was seriously draining and although he's a great QB, I'm fine we're off that carousel. Plenty of other rides in the park, if you will. I'm ready to try some of those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

One thing I’m bummed about is it looks like the Vikings were the only team who called for pick 10. I thought maybe the Raiders would have after Penix went, but apparently not. Maybe the Vikings thought Denver would try to get JJ, but I hope not. It was obvious a month ago which way Payton was going. .

We gave up those picks for no reason unfortunately, but at least they knew they could guarantee they got JJ. It still would have been nice to have kept #129 and #157.