Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question now is: which team does Minnesota have the deal with?
I’ll be pretty surprised if the Pats leave their spot. If they do, it means they don’t like Maye or JJM assuming they are available. They need a QB now, not later. I don’t see any of the top 3 moving. I also think the Pats could shock people and take JJM. 

I’m not buying the tweet or whatever they are called now up above. I don’t think that guy knows anything. 

I also think it’s probable the Vikings knew they could get a deal done to move up for their guy before making the Texans trade. If I were Kwesi, I’d lock that pick down meow. 

In my ooinion, top 3 stay and Arizona does a deal with the Vikings.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
I’ll be pretty surprised if the Pats leave their spot. If they do, it means they don’t like Maye or JJM assuming they are available. They need a QB now, not later. I don’t see any of the top 3 moving. I also think the Pats could shock people and take JJM. 

I’m not buying the tweet or whatever they are called now up above. I don’t think that guy knows anything. 

I also think it’s probable the Vikings knew they could get a deal done to move up for their guy before making the Texans trade. If I were Kwesi, I’d lock that pick down meow. 

In my ooinion, top 3 stay and Arizona does a deal with the Vikings.
In the newest CBS mock, that's exactly what happens. Pats take McCarthy, Cards take MHJ, and the Vikings trade up with the Chargers for Drake Maye 

I mentioned in another thread I think they’re in discussions with both the Pats and the Chargers.  I just don’t see the Cards moving off #4 with the chance to take the best overall player in the draft at a position of need.

I think whether they trade up to 3 or 5 and who they take depends on what the Commanders do with the #2 pick. 

If the Commanders go with Maye, we call up LA and move to 5 for JJM

if the Commanders go with Daniels, the call goes to New England for #3 and Maye. 

I gotta think with Washington shipping off Howell and grabbing Mariota, their philosophy might be shifting to an offense featuring a mobile running QB. That would mean Daniels at 2, but I’m just speculating 

The Chargers dumped Allen and Williams this week because they're going after Harrison.

Top 4 picks will be QB's.

Trade up will be with Cardinals @ 4.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
The Chargers dumped Allen and Williams this week because they're going after Harrison.

Maybe...  but Nabers is also projected to go quickly after Harrison Jr so that could be their target as well.  We've been so focused on QBs because WE (the Vikings) need one and I think WE (us fans) are forgetting there are some really talented prospects at other positions that will go early.  I'm still not convinced all these QBs are going 1-3 or even 1-4.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

Maybe...  but Nabers is also projected to go quickly after Harrison Jr so that could be their target as well.  We've been so focused on QBs because WE (the Vikings) need one and I think WE (us fans) are forgetting there are some really talented prospects at other positions that will go early.  I'm still not convinced all these QBs are going 1-3 or even 1-4.
Agreed.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Mattyman" said:

Agree, but that might actually be worse for us. This is definitely a worst-case scenario, but if we can't trade up with New England at 3, it's possible Arizona turns us down too. They could easily stick and pick MHJ. Then the Chargers could decide to stay and take Nabers, giving the Giants a shot at QB4 at number 6...IF they want him. 

I've heard the Giants like McCarthy, but I kinda doubt they draft a QB. They just signed Drew Lock and told him that Jones is the starter there. They told Russell Wilson the same thing. And they have a ton of needs, particularly at WR and OL, where the value will be very strong at 6, 11 and 23. 6 could be where we end up. 

Next is the Titans at 7, and would we even need to package both 1sts for that pick? You can make yourself dizzy with all the scenarios. 

1-3 i'm absolutely convinced are QB's
1-4? No way I see AZ passing on MHJ. Its as right as KC going to ATL. 

Unless someone snipes them, I think the Vikings best chance to move up (if they choose) would be #5. Waiting there should be JJM or Maye

It wouldn't make sense to have a confirmed deal in place this early in the process, though I suppose you could always back out of it any time prior to actually submitting it to the league.   

In general I don't think spending the farm to move up for one guy is a good idea, because the hit rate on qb's is only about 25%, so you're gambling huge with your draft capital on a low % play.  The smart move would be to sit at 11 and see what develops in front of you.  See if someone else makes a mistake and you can profit by it.   

However I know that while the analytical models say trade back but never up, there are exceptions for a qb and perhaps that's what KAM is thinking of doing.   Him and KOC not only identifying the right guy but being able to get him when there are a bunch of qb-needy teams ahead of them seems like the longest of long shots to me.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
It wouldn't make sense to have a confirmed deal in place this early in the process, though I suppose you could always back out of it any time prior to actually submitting it to the league.   

In general I don't think spending the farm to move up for one guy is a good idea, because the hit rate on qb's is only about 25%, so you're gambling huge with your draft capital on a low % play.  The smart move would be to sit at 11 and see what develops in front of you.  See if someone else makes a mistake and you can profit by it.   

However I know that while the analytical models say trade back but never up, there are exceptions for a qb and perhaps that's what KAM is thinking of doing.   Him and KOC not only identifying the right guy but being able to get him when there are a bunch of qb-needy teams ahead of them seems like the longest of long shots to me.
[Image: gtk819dp962w.gif]