Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Teams Remain
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"minny65" said:
If you keep doing what you have been doing, you will get the same result.  Another contract for a 36 yr old injured QB sounds exciting doesn't it?  Then when he goes down or doesn't play at 90% who do we blame?  The defense, the coach, bad luck, etc.  Rinse and repeat.  

Hey, at least we still have all our draft picks Smile
nothing in the 3rd and only two in the top 100. That is going to hurt this year.
Lol meanwhile Detroit has four in the top 100, Green Bay has 5, and Chicago has 3 (including #1 overall and #9 overall). 

This is what good teams do who aren't handcuffed by bullshit competitive mandates by ownership. The rest of the teams in the division are playing chess while the Vikings are playing checkers 
2024:
Packers: 1,2,2,3,3,4,6,7
Vikings: 1,2,4,4,5,5,6,6,7
I am sure we agree even in the upcoming draft the Packers are better positioned to move up and down the board than us. Lets not even mention the Bears because it gets worse for us.
The Wilfs just have no idea wtf they are doing. That's the bottom line and we are all stuck with it until further notice. They hired a green "yes" man to run the team who was just happy to be there, checked a progressive box for them, and would deal with the unrealistic mandates of ownership. That's where this "competitive rebuild" bullshit comes from. Memo to Ziggy and Lil' Marky, you dont know shit about football so hire football people to make football decisions and get the fuck out of the way. Stick with real estate and supporting the organization strictly on a financial basis. 
Oh they do…. keeping us engaged while maximizing profits and investments. Its not about doing all they to won a Super Bowl 

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"minny65" said:
If you keep doing what you have been doing, you will get the same result.  Another contract for a 36 yr old injured QB sounds exciting doesn't it?  Then when he goes down or doesn't play at 90% who do we blame?  The defense, the coach, bad luck, etc.  Rinse and repeat.  

Hey, at least we still have all our draft picks Smile
nothing in the 3rd and only two in the top 100. That is going to hurt this year.
Lol meanwhile Detroit has four in the top 100, Green Bay has 5, and Chicago has 3 (including #1 overall and #9 overall). 

This is what good teams do who aren't handcuffed by bullshit competitive mandates by ownership. The rest of the teams in the division are playing chess while the Vikings are playing checkers 
2024:
Packers: 1,2,2,3,3,4,6,7
Vikings: 1,2,4,4,5,5,6,6,7
I am sure we agree even in the upcoming draft the Packers are better positioned to move up and down the board than us. Lets not even mention the Bears because it gets worse for us.
The Wilfs just have no idea wtf they are doing. That's the bottom line and we are all stuck with it until further notice. They hired a green "yes" man to run the team who was just happy to be there, checked a progressive box for them, and would deal with the unrealistic mandates of ownership. That's where this "competitive rebuild" bullshit comes from. Memo to Ziggy and Lil' Marky, you dont know shit about football so hire football people to make football decisions and get the fuck out of the way. Stick with real estate and supporting the organization strictly on a financial basis. 
Oh they do…. keeping us engaged while maximizing profits and investments. Its not about doing all they to won a Super Bowl 
I don't know if they are delusional, have no idea on league trends/roster building, or if they really are just in it turn a buck...but this nonsense where they think we are super bowl contenders every year without taking a realistic assessment of the roster and what's going on in the division (or conference) is maddening. We are literally stuck in the same fucking mud every season with the slight occasional variance. 

All this hand-wringing over draft picks. Yes, the more you have the better, but let's not forget that the vast majority of them are busts. And in the last 7 seasons, the Rams have 5 playoff appearances, 3 division titles, 2 conference championships and 1 Super Bowl. All without having a single 1st round draft pick.

Oh no! The Vikings don't have a 3rd! A pick that can be generated by simply moving down 10 spots in the 2nd round, or two spots in the 1st. Just seems silly to me. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
All this hand-wringing over draft picks. Yes, the more you have the better, but let's not forget that the vast majority of them are busts. And in the last 7 seasons, the Rams have 5 playoff appearances, 3 division titles, 2 conference championships and 1 Super Bowl. All without having a single 1st round draft pick.

Oh no! The Vikings don't have a 3rd! A pick that can be generated by simply moving down 10 spots in the 2nd round, or two spots in the 1st. Just seems silly to me. 
Welcome to the 'Freak Out Offseason 2024'. Packers smoke Dallas, the Lions win the Super Bowl and the Factory of Sadness opens up in downtown Minneapolis. I'm already predicting 'Most Used GIF/Meme for 2024' on this board:

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wcsn7nb7svo79eqansi...w.gif&ct=g]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Welcome to the 'Freak Out Offseason 2024'. Packers smoke Dallas, the Lions win the Super Bowl and the Factory of Sadness opens up in downtown Minneapolis. I'm already predicting 'Most Used GIF/Meme for 2024' on this board:

I get where many fans are coming from right now. This was a tough season to endure.

IMO the sky is darker and stormier in Viking land. 

I do think getting Cousins back helps a ton - but that is a big if right now. 

They haven't been busts when the Lions and Packers are drafting them though as both have been excellent the last couple years. Now you load those rosters with twice as many top 100 picks as we have in this upcoming draft and that gap between us continues to increase and it keeps those already young rosters, young and building long term. Bears are going to continue to get better with two top 10 picks, whether they make those picks or trade down. We are a roster badly in new of young talent upgrades at multiple positions and to me, we continue to fall behind in the division in youth and talent 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

They haven't been busts when the Lions and Packers are drafting them though as both have been excellent the last couple years. Now you load those rosters with twice as many top 100 picks as we have in this upcoming draft and that gap between us continues to increase and it keeps those already young rosters, young and building long term. Bears are going to continue to get better with two top 10 picks, whether they make those picks or trade down. We are a roster badly in new of young talent upgrades at multiple positions and to me, we continue to fall behind in the division in youth and talent 
Still, if the Vikings bring back Cousins, they should still have the best offense in the NFC North. Do you disagree with that? 

@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Still, if the Vikings bring back Cousins, they should still have the best offense in the NFC North. Do you disagree with that? 
In order to have the best offense the Vikings need a running game, and haven't had one for two years. They could be the best passing offense with nothing to show for it again. KOC needs to get bigger on the interior of his Line if he insists on inside zone running.

@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I do. Lions offensive line is far superior, their running backs dwarf ours, St Brown is probabpy as good as Jefferson, LaPorta is as good as Hock, and Goff is every bit as good as Cousins (especially coming off major injury). If you want to say Addison is better than Reynolds/Williams that's fair. Lions had the 3rd ranked offense this season. So yes I think the Lions field a better offense, regardless if we bring Cousins back or not. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I get where many fans are coming from right now. This was a tough season to endure.

IMO the sky is darker and stormier in Viking land. 

I do think getting Cousins back helps a ton - but that is a big if right now. 

I just feel like I have been watching the same team since 2018. One of the reasons I am not a season ticket holder anymore.