Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Running Game or Lack There Of
The biggest head scratcher for me was signing Oliver in FA because he's one of the best blocking TEs in the league, but then not running outside of the side that he was lined up on.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
They just need to find another David Dixon and Randall McDaniel for both guard spots and run with the backs they have now.
The Vikings are almost certainly going to stick with their guards, considering how well Risner pass blocked and how much Ingram improved from his rookie season.

But I think there's a chance Bradbury could go. He improved a lot last year, grading above average among centers in 2022, but he wasn't quite as good this year, grading slightly below average in 2023.

Of course the Vikings have to find an upgrade or they run the risk of getting worse there. The key is that Bradbury has a $0 dead cap hit this year. 

Bradbury played what 7 snaps before his bad back flared up again, essentially missing the first 4 games, then returned to his pre-extension mediocre ways. Well bye bye Bradbury, you can keep your purple roller skates…!  Wink B)  

Cleveland utilizing a 6 man line, hmm what a concept…!?  Confused wondering if our run scheme, which mimics the passing scheme is conducive to actually running successfully..

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Ty Chandler is a starting NFL running back. Once he actually got playing time, he averaged 4.5 yards a carry behind an at times limited offense. He also had some big plays in there, one need look no further than the Bengals game to see how he can perform when given an actual consistent opportunity. I don’t remember how many 8 yard runs the guy had, but it was quite a few. He had that nice TD run against the saints called back as well. 
We don’t have a need at running back other than a backup/relief guy. As a coach, I’d work Ty hard on pass catching this off-season and it can add another dimension ti the playbook. He’s already shown he has good hands and a Marshall Faulk type of usage would be nice. Kid has great speed. 
I want a bruising running back. one that can spell RB1 and take over in the fourth quarter. 
Am I crazy?

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Ty Chandler is a starting NFL running back. Once he actually got playing time, he averaged 4.5 yards a carry behind an at times limited offense. He also had some big plays in there, one need look no further than the Bengals game to see how he can perform when given an actual consistent opportunity. I don’t remember how many 8 yard runs the guy had, but it was quite a few. He had that nice TD run against the saints called back as well. 
We don’t have a need at running back other than a backup/relief guy. As a coach, I’d work Ty hard on pass catching this off-season and it can add another dimension ti the playbook. He’s already shown he has good hands and a Marshall Faulk type of usage would be nice. Kid has great speed. 
I want a bruising running back. one that can spell RB1 and take over in the fourth quarter. 
Am I crazy?
Does Leroy Hoard have a son? 

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
They just need to find another David Dixon and Randall McDaniel for both guard spots and run with the backs they have now.
HA! 

I wish...

Its tough now, C ollege OL (imo) are not as ready for the pro-game as the olde days.