Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
here, lets lighten the mood @ 0/3
Quote: @AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:
She also shit canned her entire Nashville crew when she jumped from country-ish to only pop.  Shit canned everyone who got her in a position to do what she does.  I DJ weddings for people we know.  Its right in my 1/2 a napkin contract that I do NOT play Taylor Swift. 
Dude.....wrong answer....

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...234799207/

Yeah, for her current staff.  Not all the underlings that got her where she is today.  Remember her being in a pissing match about who "owned" her music about 5-7 years ago?  Turns out the people she call predatory who stuck a shitload of money, time, effort into getting her where she is today owned her music.  Just like any other artist that signs on the dotted line. 

It would be no different if Kirk Cousins signed a contract that was negotiated out by his agent and then skipped town on actually paying his agent. 

She can rot for all I care. 
LMAO, of all things to rail against: Taylor Swift. Hilarious. I find it SO interesting what pisses people off. There's always an agenda. 

I think if all of us sat in a room....put the beer kegs out....and chilled and talked....it would be amazing how many things we would agree upon if we could talk things all the way out. I really do. We'd probably be gentler and more patient. We'd respectfully disagree with a beer in our hands. And we'd also agree to disagree on other things in a decent way. Cheers to that idealistic thought! At least those not from either Coast which seems more radicalized and lets exclude the white trash cult members and elitist snobs from both sides.

[Image: giphy.gif]

She also shit canned her entire Nashville crew when she jumped from country-ish to only pop.  Shit canned everyone who got her in a position to do what she does.  I DJ weddings for people we know.  Its right in my 1/2 a napkin contract that I do NOT play Taylor Swift. 
Her parents are rich and have music industry contacts or are in it themselves, IIRC. They are the one’s— along with her talent and likeability— who got her where she is now. Not her acoustic guitar tech from 2006 when she was 14 or whatever. Cmon. I assume all of the crew from “back in the day” were paid for their work. She moved on, hopefully they did too.

Contracts get renogiated all the time in the NFL based on leverage. Same for music. If she was able to get herself into a better situation that’s good for her and without evidence outside of “she fired her old handlers”, I say good for her. Most likely her label hired those people in the first place, without her input.

I have no idea why I’m sticking up for Taylor Swift on a Vikings message board but here we are. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

Yeah, for her current staff.  Not all the underlings that got her where she is today.  Remember her being in a pissing match about who "owned" her music about 5-7 years ago?  Turns out the people she call predatory who stuck a shitload of money, time, effort into getting her where she is today owned her music.  Just like any other artist that signs on the dotted line. 

It would be no different if Kirk Cousins signed a contract that was negotiated out by his agent and then skipped town on actually paying his agent. 

if they contractually own her music,  how can she still perform that music without compensating them?  I have my doubts that they got nothing on her climb to the top,  or that she actually has the ability to withhold royalties owed to them.   I dont doubt that she is less than she pretends to be,  and is most certainly a huge diva,  but I doubt she has the business or legal savvy to pull off something like you suggest without some high priced lawyers kicking the shit out of her.

She re-recorded them.  If she was any other normal musical artist everyone there wouldn't be the uproar supporting her for screwing her old crew out of their contract. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
 =) 

Looks like a resto-mod Chevelle to me...MAYBE Impala. 
Yeah, very nice car.  Could care less about the rest.

@JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@StickyBun said:
@AGRforever said:

if they contractually own her music,  how can she still perform that music without compensating them?  I have my doubts that they got nothing on her climb to the top,  or that she actually has the ability to withhold royalties owed to them.   I dont doubt that she is less than she pretends to be,  and is most certainly a huge diva,  but I doubt she has the business or legal savvy to pull off something like you suggest without some high priced lawyers kicking the shit out of her.

She re-recorded them.  If she was any other normal musical artist everyone there wouldn't be the uproar supporting her for screwing her old crew out of their contract. 
So they owned the recording but not the music itself.  Seems short sighted to leave that loophole,  but if they were her lyrics and music... I dont see the the issue.

Personally I'm not a fan of hers,  but I dont care for her genre.

Prince laid the groundwork with his lawsuit about the importance of owning your masters. If it's your work, it should be owned by you. Swift's former manager had issues with multiple artists that he represented. And hell to the yeah to her for rerecording the albums. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. Also in what universe is it written that musicians/singers/songwriters are only allowed to record one genre of music? Prince definitely didn't do one genre

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Prince laid the groundwork with his lawsuit about the importance of owning your masters. If it's your work, it should be owned by you. Swift's former manager had issues with multiple artists that he represented. And hell to the yeah to her for rerecording the albums. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way. Also in what universe is it written that musicians/singers/songwriters are only allowed to record one genre of music? Prince definitely didn't do one genre
who said anything about having to stick with one genre?  I think you are reading into something that wasnt written,  or even implied.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
who said anything about having to stick with one genre?  I think you are reading into something that wasnt written,  or even implied.
Nope. It's up above about jumping from country to pop. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Nope. It's up above about jumping from country to pop. 
yep,  but nobody was saying it was a bad thing,  just that she may or may not have shit on some people when she made the move.  personally I didnt think she ever sounded country to begin with so I didnt see it as a genre change 

I think she only has around 273 MILLION followers on Instagram.