Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone started using Threads?
There is no solution without the loss of freedom.  What agency is not corruptible?  That is the first colossal issue with your ecosystem theory.  The 2nd Colossal issue is who is gonna pay for it?  

Individual Education is the only answer, but now that is under attack just as the media was 35 years ago under the tea party movement. Maybe that movement was justified to some/many.  The way I remember it, that movement spawned a new era of mistrust and at the same time supported a new era of misinformation which was quickly pounced on and monetized.  

I’m all ears myself on ideas.  

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
There is no solution without the loss of freedom.  What agency is not corruptible?  That is the first colossal issue with your ecosystem theory.  The 2nd Colossal issue is who is gonna pay for it?  

Individual Education is the only answer, but now that is under attack just as the media was 35 years ago under the tea party movement. Maybe that movement was justified to some/many.  The way I remember it, that movement spawned a new era of mistrust and at the same time supported a new era of misinformation which was quickly pounced on and monetized.  

You have an interesting conspiracy theory there.  It’s not one I share, but I appreciate that
you think outside the box.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

You have an interesting conspiracy theory there.  It’s not one I share, but I appreciate that

Haha, where’s this conspiracy theory ?you are just looking for a way to label me i guess.  You have no workable good ideas, but at least you aspire to solve a crushing issue. 

@"medaille" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

Haha, where’s this conspiracy theory ?you are just looking for a way to label me i guess.  You have no workable good ideas, but at least you aspire to solve a crushing issue. 
Mostly I jest.  The term
has lost it’s meaning in this age of misinformation, as everyone is a
conspiracy theorist at this point.  I can’t
imagine that there are too many people out there who are still throwing that
term out with seriousness.  I was
slightly poking at your comment about the tea party spreading misinformation to
discredit the media, which I thought was humorous given that they don’t need
any help in destroying their own credibility. 

i guess i got too serious about it and missed the humor of it. These issues obviously didnt arise with one particular group, its just my experience and understanding of it. 

Its clear this issue can only get worse and solutions will be almost impossible. Im no historian, but Rome and other great empires fell, and I see this happening here eventually, lacking divine intervention or extraterrestrial enlightenment of some sort 

i guess i got too serious about it and missed the humor of it. These issues obviously didnt arise with one particular group, its just my experience and understanding of it. 

Its clear this issue can only get worse and solutions will be almost impossible. Im no historian, but Rome and other great empires fell, and I see this happening here eventually, lacking divine intervention or extraterrestrial enlightenment of some sort 
I would say it has already is at least happening or more probably has already happened.

Quote: @"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I would say it has already is at least happening or more probably has already happened.
I agree,  we are still a great nation,   but look how far we've fallen in the last couple decades.  We went from being the global face of democracy to a laughing stock of woke reactions and laws.  Americans don't take our own government serious,  how could we expect the world to respect us?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I agree,  we are still a great nation,   but look how far we've fallen in the last couple decades.  We went from being the global face of democracy to a laughing stock of woke reactions and laws.  Americans don't take our own government serious,  how could we expect the world to respect us?
 I think Jan 6th was the turning point to our Democracy being questioned.  We had an ex-president lie about a rigged election then gathered up his blind, idiot followers to attack the Nation's Capital.  To me that did more to destroy our democracy and America's respect than trying to get all the racists and bigots in our country to open their eyes and see and accept others that are different from white christian Americans.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

I think Jan 6th was the turning point to our Democracy being questioned.  We had an ex-president lie about a rigged election then gathered up his blind, idiot followers to attack the Nation's Capital.  To me that did more to destroy our democracy and America's respect than trying to get all the racists and bigots in our country to open their eyes and see and accept others that are different from white christian Americans.
The other half of that conversation is that the
loudest member of the crowd trying to get everyone to break the law was an FBI asset. 
Similarly, in the Governor Whitmer kidnapping plot, around half of the group
was FBI assets.  The FBI has a long
history of manufacturing “events” using vulnerable people, stretching backwards
in time through BLM and in encouraging Muslims to attempt to commit terror.  Back to Jan6, everyone knew in advance that
it was going to happen.  It was a planned
event.  There is zero excuse for the
agencies in charge of security to not be prepared, but the level of incompetence
can only be described as intentional.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

Amazing that somebody with such narrow and manipulated views labels the other side as having idiot followers.   You see it actually takes intelligence to think through the things one is being spoon fed by a corrupt govt and media.   You would have been a great communist in the Breschnev days.  The reason I can't say Putin is I believe their govt and media may not be any worse than ours in terms of giving their citizens an honest view of what's truly happening.