Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent grades
Quote: @Kentis said:
Mundt is back (he’s still on the roster)…
I thought there was an option the Vikings had yet to pick up, but if he is, to me that makes the Oliver signing even more perplexing 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Nothing against Oliver, but this is his 3rd team since being drafted in 2019 and he has been a complete non factor in the passing game. I'm not so sure why we couldn't have just brought Mundt back to fill the blocking role at a quarter of the cost? Mundt is an excellent blocker and his prowess in that department was highlighted in several games last season. That or just taken advantage of the depth and talent in this draft class if we really wanted to add a second tight end to become more multiple on offense. Strange signing and money allocation when we talk about Hockenson getting an extension here soon as well. 
I would not call Mundt an excellent blocker. Mundt is a decent "get in the way" blocker. Oliver outweighs him by 30 lbs and takes people to the ground. 

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/16...39521?s=20

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@supafreak84 said:
Nothing against Oliver, but this is his 3rd team since being drafted in 2019 and he has been a complete non factor in the passing game. I'm not so sure why we couldn't have just brought Mundt back to fill the blocking role at a quarter of the cost? Mundt is an excellent blocker and his prowess in that department was highlighted in several games last season. That or just taken advantage of the depth and talent in this draft class if we really wanted to add a second tight end to become more multiple on offense. Strange signing and money allocation when we talk about Hockenson getting an extension here soon as well. 
I would not call Mundt an excellent blocker. Mundt is a decent "get in the way" blocker. Oliver outweighs him by 30 lbs and takes people to the ground. 

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/16...39521?s=20
https://www.inforum.com/sports/pro/vikin...-attention

I disagree and think Mundt is very good in the run game and offers you probably the same as Oliver as a receiver. There were several games last year where his run blocking was highlighted (see article). It's just strange to pay a guy that much money when you have a guy with a similar skillet already on the roster at a fraction of the cost. 

Now you’re citing “Stink”, comentating on a game as a talent evaluator, come on.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Now you’re citing “Stink”, comentating on a game as a talent evaluator, come on.
Lol well whom in your opinion would be a legitimate talent evaluator then? Kwesi? And he wasn't evaluating anything, just pointing out some great blocks by Mundt. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@Kentis said:
Lol well whom in your opinion would be a legitimate talent evaluator then? Kwesi? And he wasn't evaluating anything, just pointing out some great blocks by Mundt. 

Well, it’s not the author of that article, Lol….  [Image: 5oo594vyhev7.jpeg]