Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me? Not happy.
This guy just seems to be a “natural” at playing football, we all probably grew up w/ 1 or 2 people that certain things just seem to be easy for them, football is Jordan’s gift… 

Pros on Addison,   hes quicker than fast,  can change directions without having to drop much speed,  sure he isn't gonna blow by many people,  but he will get open quickly and seems to have the hands to make contested catches....so it's nothing at all against the kid.

But WR?  How delusional is a GM that has a solid O,  and a bottom of the league D,  and uses his first two picks in the draft on adding offensive play makers.  And before somebody makes a cute comment about how its an offense driven league,  then they better the fuck not use the defense as an excuse as to why the team loses games,  or as an excuse as to why the team hasn't produced squat with kirko at the helm.

Pick for the future,  great 2 QB prospects fall into your lap,  pick for the now...great, a couple damn good defenders available as well to try and address the glaring deficiency from last year...but no,  lets spend our one decent draft pick this year on a guy that will be third read on most passing plays.

I think kam is putting to much hope in the kids from last years draft making a huge impact this year to fix our D,  which is fine if the plan was to move on from KC and build for the future,  but if the thought was to win now,  the only plan I see is hoping to win the race to 60 every game,  which our O isn't built to do.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Pros on Addison,   hes quicker than fast,  can change directions without having to drop much speed,  sure he isn't gonna blow by many people,  but he will get open quickly and seems to have the hands to make contested catches....so it's nothing at all against the kid.

But WR?  How delusional is a GM that has a solid O,  and a bottom of the league D,  and uses his first two picks in the draft on adding offensive play makers.  And before somebody makes a cute comment about how its an offense driven league,  then they better the fuck not use the defense as an excuse as to why the team loses games,  or as an excuse as to why the team hasn't produced squat with kirko at the helm.

Pick for the future,  great 2 QB prospects fall into your lap,  pick for the now...great, a couple damn good defenders available as well to try and address the glaring deficiency from last year...but no,  lets spend our one decent draft pick this year on a guy that will be third read on most passing plays.

I think kam is putting to much hope in the kids from last years draft making a huge impact this year to fix our D,  which is fine if the plan was to move on from KC and build for the future,  but if the thought was to win now,  the only plan I see is hoping to win the race to 60 every game,  which our O isn't built to do.
I actually like going WR, I’m just nervous about his size.

As of right now, I don’t see any reason to think our run game will be better this season than last. If anything without Cook (probably) it could be worse. 

We’re going to have to pass. A lot. 

Edit: I was looking up comps and have seen Lockett, TY Hilton, DeVonte Smith. If Addison can provide a Lockett to JJ’s “Metcalf”, that will be a lot of fun. Throw in Hockenson and KJ and Kirk definitely has  weapons galore. The defense is obviously another story but hopefully that gets addressed tonight/tomorrow. 

The Addison pick didn't really move the needle for me either Jimmy.  All the top WR prospects this year are shorter and a little thinly built.  I think Addison's game is a lot like Devonta Smith in Philly.  Slippery smooth running routes, but slim built.

I'm OK with the pick since I think he's a Day 1 contributor and has a high floor with a solid ceiling.  There were a few defensive guys I liked, but no one I would have clamored for over Addison.

As for taking a QBoF there instead...  I'm not a fan of Hooker and we should have the book on Levis since KOC and his coach are best buds.  The fact that they passed on him (and quite a few QB needy teams as well) makes me think there is something there the team didn't like at all. 

I'm curious to see what we do today.  Might see a player trade(s) since we're light on Day 2 picks.

I was listening to the presser and I thought it was interesting that Notre Dame was looking at Addison as a corner. He sounds quite level-headed and ready to work. I am trusting the brain trust on this one. 

That certainly seems to be the case but also figure our new defensive coordinator may also be more competent to get better play out of the guys they already have.  Donatell didn't seem to have a clue.

I have a hunch the Vikings are going to be much more active in post-draft free agency than they usually are. 

Looks like we spent a #1 pick on a #3 reciever…
Wink B)

Jordan Addison to wear the number 3 with the Vikings https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/28/vikings-jordan-addison-uniform-number-3/

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I have a hunch the Vikings are going to be much more active in post-draft free agency than they usually are. 
thats nice,  but doesnt sell much hope.  we talk about the longshots that are draft picks,  the odds of finding quality in the kiddy pool are even slimmer.

but I do appreciate you trying to cheer me up!

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
The Addison pick didn't really move the needle for me either Jimmy.  All the top WR prospects this year are shorter and a little thinly built.  I think Addison's game is a lot like Devonta Smith in Philly.  Slippery smooth running routes, but slim built.

I'm OK with the pick since I think he's a Day 1 contributor and has a high floor with a solid ceiling.  There were a few defensive guys I liked, but no one I would have clamored for over Addison.

As for taking a QBoF there instead...  I'm not a fan of Hooker and we should have the book on Levis since KOC and his coach are best buds.  The fact that they passed on him (and quite a few QB needy teams as well) makes me think there is something there the team didn't like at all. 

I'm curious to see what we do today.  Might see a player trade(s) since we're light on Day 2 picks.
I wouldnt have moved up for Hooker or Levis,  at least not given up much to do so,  but given that there are several teams Radiers and one other, that were trying to get back into the first for one of the two Qbs,  I would think that whatever the hangups to keep them from going early, must not be to bad to keep teams from trying to grab them in the 20s.  I guess we will know tonight based on how fast they come off the board in round 2.