@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
This was hilarious from the trailer 
https://twitter.com/DanaWessel/status/15...7302697986
That whole segment on the shirt was funny as hell. "Kirk Cousins looks like he wants everyone to go ahead and use the bathroom now because he doesn't want to stop when we get on the road."
well thats just good sound road trip common sense isnt it?  hardly something to be mocking him about IMO.  

B) 
It's funny only because I've said it myself a hundred times. 
I drive 40-50k miles a year, so yep,  when the wife and kids are/were with me... its use it now,  cuz I aint stopping until we need gas ( my truck has about a 36 gallon tanks so thats about 12 hours of driving.)  of course we still end up stopping, but its not usually as often as some would like.
My dad was typical in the 70's, where we had the big station wagons and gas stops were basically long enough to use bathrooms and maybe get a convenience store hot dog/Slurpee.  I'm basically the same way, you just plan for hours locked in the vehicle.  Get your supplies, use the bathroom at every stop.
I grew up in that era too...

Now we have computers that map out the journey, tell you route, where to stop/plug-in/charge-up and go...

Lots has changed in 50 years. 

maybe for some.... B)

I am still more about getting somewhere and being done driving for a while.  Maybe it’s because of all the driving I do for my job that when I am on vacation or whatever I just want to be there and not feel like a day of sales calls?
As a kid, my dad would drive forever it seemed before stopping. Then it was gas up, go to the bathroom, get in a drive until my dad had to pee.
I’d have loved a Stuckey’s pecan roll to much on, or a Slurpee, or even water. But the pecan roll was too expensive and the slurpee and water would have made us need to pee sooner. Not to mention the extreme likelihood that me or one of my brothers would have spilled it in the rear facing seat in the station wagon while we played rock, paper, scissors.

Now, pee breaks are often. We drink a lot of water, and my wife is a smoker. So…
Even when our kids were young, we stopped when needed. The extra hour it took and takes was worth not having anxiety build because someone needed to pee, drink, eat, smoke.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:
That whole segment on the shirt was funny as hell. "Kirk Cousins looks like he wants everyone to go ahead and use the bathroom now because he doesn't want to stop when we get on the road."
well thats just good sound road trip common sense isnt it?  hardly something to be mocking him about IMO.  

B) 
I drive 40-50k miles a year, so yep,  when the wife and kids are/were with me... its use it now,  cuz I aint stopping until we need gas ( my truck has about a 36 gallon tanks so thats about 12 hours of driving.)  of course we still end up stopping, but its not usually as often as some would like.
My dad was typical in the 70's, where we had the big station wagons and gas stops were basically long enough to use bathrooms and maybe get a convenience store hot dog/Slurpee.  I'm basically the same way, you just plan for hours locked in the vehicle.  Get your supplies, use the bathroom at every stop.

Now we have computers that map out the journey, tell you route, where to stop/plug-in/charge-up and go...

maybe for some.... B)

I am still more about getting somewhere and being done driving for a while.  Maybe it’s because of all the driving I do for my job that when I am on vacation or whatever I just want to be there and not feel like a day of sales calls?
As a kid, my dad would drive forever it seemed before stopping. Then it was gas up, go to the bathroom, get in a drive until my dad had to pee.
I’d have loved a Stuckey’s pecan roll to much on, or a Slurpee, or even water. But the pecan roll was too expensive and the slurpee and water would have made us need to pee sooner. Not to mention the extreme likelihood that me or one of my brothers would have spilled it in the rear facing seat in the station wagon while we played rock, paper, scissors.

Now, pee breaks are often. We drink a lot of water, and my wife is a smoker. So…
Even when our kids were young, we stopped when needed. The extra hour it took and takes was worth not having anxiety build because someone needed to pee, drink, eat, smoke.

I never force people to sit in misery because I don't need to stop,  I just encourage them to not sit and chug beverages so we don't have to stop every half hour.   Hell there's stretches in SD where there is no place to stop for an hour or better so might as well get used to holding it anyway. ( at least for the ladies )

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Zanary said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JR44 said:

B) 

maybe for some.... B)

I am still more about getting somewhere and being done driving for a while.  Maybe its because of all the driving I do for my job that when I am on vacation or whatever I just want to be there and not feel like a day of sales calls?
I like to cover a lot of territory, which is part of the motivation.  I spent over 30 years in New Mexico, and driving in the Southwest is a series of road trips: Albuquerque to Denver, Pheonix is 450ish miles.  Vegas is 600ish.  LA is 750, and so on.  I still think in those terms.

I watched more episodes of Quarterback and I have to agree with some here.  Cousins is tough.  One thing that crossed my mind is wouldn't he want to leave Minnesota for someplace where he didn't get hit as much?  

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I watched more episodes of Quarterback and I have to agree with some here.  Cousins is tough.  One thing that crossed my mind is wouldn't he want to leave Minnesota for someplace where he didn't get hit as much?  
That places the blame on the # of hits he takes on the team and system. 

Part of that is on him and his statuesque play. The difference between Kirko vs Mahomes/Mariota' mobility is stark. 

He's also a midwest guy. In his younger years, I could see him thriving in the bible belt. But not sure he'd be happy out West or in the NE. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Montana Tom said:

Part of that is on him and his statuesque play. The difference between Kirko vs Mahomes/Mariota' mobility is stark. 

He's also a midwest guy. In his younger years, I could see him thriving in the bible belt. But not sure he'd be happy out West or in the NE. 

hell,  I think Brady was more mobile ( in the pocket ) that Kirk,  but as long as he keeps getting up its ok,  except for the lost plays as a result.  I dont know if his hits vs Bradys hits were as much about the OL play,  or about teams not respecting Kirk as much,  or what,  but its crazy how many more hard shots he takes vs what I have seen Brady take over the years,  seeing how neither are "mobile" QBs.  That cant all be OL.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Montana Tom said:

hell,  I think Brady was more mobile ( in the pocket ) that Kirk,  but as long as he keeps getting up its ok,  except for the lost plays as a result.  I dont know if his hits vs Bradys hits were as much about the OL play,  or about teams not respecting Kirk as much,  or what,  but its crazy how many more hard shots he takes vs what I have seen Brady take over the years,  seeing how neither are "mobile" QBs.  That cant all be OL.
Brady basically got a rule named after him and definitely got more protection due to his status as a star player. Cousins hits are a combination of OL play and his lack of mobility. He did move around more last season, he needs to be aware of when the pressure is coming though and the OL needs to keep improving. Also Ingram needs to quit stepping on Cousins feet.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Montana Tom said:

Agree. The Vikings line isn't really that bad. It's probably top half as a whole. The problem, I think, is a below average IOL combined with an immobile QB. I think if you put Mahomes behind this line, they might even rank top 5. 

The Vikings OLine isn’t good.  I don’t understand the rankings that suggest
that they are middle of the road.  We
were bad at running the ball with one of the best RBs in the league, and we had
far too many plays where a defender was in the backfield and destroyed the play
before it started.  I don’t think it’s a
Cousins mobility problem as much as it is the OLine just ole’d someone through
the middle.  I could be persuaded that
Cousins misreads things, and that the sacks are on him not knowing where the
pressure is coming from and getting out there ahead of the problem.  I do think there’s potential for a good OLine
if Ingram can develop into a competent starter. 
I think with a good OLine, Cousins would tear shit up.  You can see how productive they were while
still not playing with a competent OLine, and if they get a few negative plays a
game converted into positive yardage, the outcomes would be pretty
massive.  That said, I think there’s
plenty of room for how a more elite QB could really help the OLine.  A faster processer or a guy with high mobility
would stress the defense in a way that would make it harder for them to abuse
our OL.

Netflix huh, how about someone posting their password…!?  Wink :p