Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting numbers on Dalvin
Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
I hate to admit it because I'm not a big fan of Bradbury but Cook's decline in the second half of the season seems to coincide with Bradbury's injury. His mobility to pull and get to the second level is also a huge factor we've been missing since he's been out. We really need him back this Sunday. If we can run on the Giants that would open up a lot of options in the passing game.  
Agree. Bradbury is key to our postseason hopes. Relieved that Reed played a fairly clean game in Chicago, so it won't be a total disaster if he has to play, but we need everyone on board.

The good news is that Ingram is playing much better, grading 82 in pass pro last week, and Oli Udoh has played well on the right, giving up only one pressure in the last two games. 
Funny how Bradbury has become the king-pin of the line. When both he and Darrisaw play our run game has been good. When either or both miss time it's been a broken unit. So him getting on the field would be huge, assuming he can play at a high level. 

Taking it one step further, Bradbury has become a pretty key piece to the Vikings off-season plan. There aren't many other centers that would be an improvement in FA and its hard to go into the draft without a center. So will be interesting to see how that plays out. If they hit the FA market I think we'll be surprised by what both Bradbury and Irv will be able to get in a weak FA market. So it will be very interesting to see how the FO wants to approach that. 

Long-term the consideration is that you obviously need to keep Darrisaw and most would rank Cleveland > Bradbury in a hierarchy. So do they want to pay all 3 of those guys + O'Neill? 
I have seen improvement in Bradbury only as such that I dont find myself cursing his name as often as was the case in previous years.  He still isnt what I think we want from the position and if we can save money while looking for a more solid anchor in the middle of our OL.. then I am all for it.  we dont get the push we need from the middle of our OL in short yardage situations so IMO all three interior positions should be looked at.  Its great that a OG or C can get out and lead block on sweeps and such, but IMO being able to anchor in pass protection and get push at the line in the run game is more critical.

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
I hate to admit it because I'm not a big fan of Bradbury but Cook's decline in the second half of the season seems to coincide with Bradbury's injury. His mobility to pull and get to the second level is also a huge factor we've been missing since he's been out. We really need him back this Sunday. If we can run on the Giants that would open up a lot of options in the passing game.  
Agree. Bradbury is key to our postseason hopes. Relieved that Reed played a fairly clean game in Chicago, so it won't be a total disaster if he has to play, but we need everyone on board.

The good news is that Ingram is playing much better, grading 82 in pass pro last week, and Oli Udoh has played well on the right, giving up only one pressure in the last two games. 
Funny how Bradbury has become the king-pin of the line. When both he and Darrisaw play our run game has been good. When either or both miss time it's been a broken unit. So him getting on the field would be huge, assuming he can play at a high level. 

Taking it one step further, Bradbury has become a pretty key piece to the Vikings off-season plan. There aren't many other centers that would be an improvement in FA and its hard to go into the draft without a center. So will be interesting to see how that plays out. If they hit the FA market I think we'll be surprised by what both Bradbury and Irv will be able to get in a weak FA market. So it will be very interesting to see how the FO wants to approach that. 

Long-term the consideration is that you obviously need to keep Darrisaw and most would rank Cleveland > Bradbury in a hierarchy. So do they want to pay all 3 of those guys + O'Neill? 
Some of us were talking about that last week. I agree that what Bradbury and Irv get on the market is going to blow a few minds. And while Cleveland's career as a whole has been better than Bradbury's career as a whole, I think Bradbury was the better player this year. 

I think with Bradbury it might be about the term.  Is his back going to be a problem in the future? You could fit in a 2-year deal for Bradbury before Darrisaw comes due. Then draft a center in the middle rounds this year, or day two next year. Either way, it sure would be nice to get the same 5 back next year.

I feel like I’m living in a different world than everyone
else.  I just don’t know how people come
to the conclusion that our OLine is doing good. 
I feel like with all 5 guys healthy it was barely good enough.  We couldn’t really run the ball when we
needed to and Cousins was at/near the top in terms of getting sacked/knocked
down/etc.  For the longest time, it was
common knowledge that Cousins was immobile and needed a sturdy OLine in front
of him, and now he’s getting hit at a rate near the top of the league and we’re
talking about Cook and Thielen needing to be replaced to fix the offense.  For me fixing our interior OLine is the top issue
on our offense by far.  Obviously Cook
and Thielen cost too much, but they’re not the limiting factors on our
performance this year.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I feel like I’m living in a different world than everyone
else.  I just don’t know how people come
to the conclusion that our OLine is doing good. 
I feel like with all 5 guys healthy it was barely good enough.  We couldn’t really run the ball when we
needed to and Cousins was at/near the top in terms of getting sacked/knocked
down/etc.  For the longest time, it was
common knowledge that Cousins was immobile and needed a sturdy OLine in front
of him, and now he’s getting hit at a rate near the top of the league and we’re
talking about Cook and Thielen needing to be replaced to fix the offense.  For me fixing our interior OLine is the top issue
on our offense by far.  Obviously Cook
and Thielen cost too much, but they’re not the limiting factors on our
performance this year.
the only reason they are getting brought up is the money they are getting paid vs the return you are getting from them is a financial barrier to addressing the glaring issues on this team, its not that their play is a major problem,  it just isnt commensurate with what the team is getting in return and as such makes them targets for replacement or severe pay cuts.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
DVOA stats seem to support this...

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/...74785?s=20&t=vBMXF0aFMFtXcqcUO_8DrA

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"TBro" said:
DVOA stats seem to support this...

https://twitter.com/Krauserrific/status/...74785?s=20&t=vBMXF0aFMFtXcqcUO_8DrA
Although he was limited, it was encouraging to seem Bradbury practice yesterday. Let's hope he can go on Sunday. MB, it would be interesting to look at that chart evaluating our passing offense during that same time period to see what combinations have the best performance.

@"Kentis" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Schematically moving to a 1-back setup has really hurt him. His splits with Ham on the field are much better. He still has all of his skill, you see it once he gets up on the LBs or DBs. But he can't work his way past the LOS. Part of it is the poor run blocking but in instances where the blocking is sufficient he isn't finding the hole. Mattison on the other hand runs much more downhill which is why I think you see him end up being more effective at times. 

So you agree he should be moved for draft capital this offseason…?  Wink 
I don't necessarily know how many takers you'll have considering the FA RB class is loaded. 
need cap space and better players in different spots. Trade or cut it don't matter

I don’t think Cook is worth the money they are paying him. RB is a position that can be filled with multiple players now. I think a Alexander Matt, at the right price is good enough and I honestly think the Vikings need a guy like Jerrick McKinnon. He was huge in ‘17, and if they could find a guy like that on the cheap, they’d be better off.

Cook is what people think Cousins is; too expensive for the productivity.

_alvin, I’m taking the “D” out of _alvin, until he shows the “D”esire to hit the hole & take what‘s available. The playoffs are here, quit dancing & quit looking to run out of bounds!!!  B)