Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC exposed today
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Ridiculous overreaction, Skodin. I think educated people should be able to separate what went well and what didn't. With all due respect, your post sounds like talk radio. I figured you were hammered, but here you are again. :-)

Still, your point about the defense is well taken. We have to do something. Fire Donatell, play man, blitz more, I have no idea, but something has to change. That should be our focus. But Harbaugh? We're 10-3, swept the best division in football, headed for a division title, KOC is on every coach of the year list, we lose to Detroit, a game we weren't favored to win, and we should've hired Harbaugh? C'mon. 
The defense has to improve, that is true.  They have been very soft, but have also had some big takeaways to win games.  Also they were missing Harry in the middle of that d backfield.  Guess it might be a bit early to say he isn't worth his salary.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Riphawkins said:
@Skodin said:
@Riphawkins said:
It’s always funny to see the posts after a Vikings loss. KOC is a Klown? 10-3 is hardly proof any coach is a Klown.
It is a transitional year, new defensive scheme, some new player personnel, new staff. Figuring out which old guys are going to be around and which aren’t, and still be competitive because that’s what the Wilf’s want.
Harbaugh’s first one or two good years would be great, then he’d be the A hole we all really know he is and the whole team would fall apart.

But, I like your take better.
We are a couple of bounces from being the same team we were last year.

Defensively, we are worse.   Offensively, we are worse.  How are we better other than record?  JJ being the best WR in the league has bailed out this staff.   

yeah, I would hate to have a proven winner and a premier DC on this team because in a couple years it could blow up.
First you wanted off the Cousins ride, now KOC is a Klown. (Spelled with a K to show its KOC you’re talking about.) 
Cousins threw for 425 yards today, Jefferson caught passes for 212 yds. That’s without 2 starters on the o line, and the defense is down a couple of guys. 
10-3 is 10-3, no better, no worse. Maybe you should follow another team until they meet your standards.
Please 10-3 and it is all smoke and mirrors.  This team will get waxed by the top 3 teams in the NFC.  This team performs worse than last year's team on average except for wins which luck has been heavily in our favor.  Everyone wanted the last staff out for having better numbers than this year's team.  I get that he is a young coach but he made mistake after mistake yesterday, I hope he gets better.  

I have the right to be disappointed and I have the right to call out the under performance of the coaching of this team.  There is nothing innovative in the play calling here.  

Enjoy the ride until we get beat by 30 in the playoffs and embarrassed again.  Embarrassed by a RG getting blown up play after play (what was the point of signing REED?), a running game that is terrible, a defense that can't adjust.  

Don't tell me Harbaugh would be the same, he wouldn't

Fuck, he knew all week that they were going to try a fake punt.  How do you get punked like that?  How do you not have your team coached up for that?
Harbaugh would rub players wrong, just like Zimmer, then that initial good start or season would reverse itself and then he’d be the guy you’re pissed at.

Your initial reaction was funny, “one of thee Worst” haha. You must not have been around during the Leslie Frazier years, or have a very short memory. Hell people bitched about Zimmer’s game management all the time. 
Donatell is crap, I thought he was a mistake when he was hired, but it’s also a year where there is 4-3 guys mixed in with 3-4 guys. You can’t flip players in one year. 
You won’t be happy until the Vikings blow out every team and win the Super Bowl by 35. You’re really following the wrong team. 
Did you peek at the scores from yesterday? They play the games for a reason. 

there is a lot to be desired with a lot of parts of this team and coaching staff.  nobody is getting fired before the end of the season,  but if there arent major changes that allow some serious additions in FA to that D,  and Donatel has not shown any ability to make adjustments to his scheme fit the players he has,  then that dude needs to go,  same with either Cook or our OL/run game coordinator,  we have one of the highest paid RBs in the game,  we have an OL that is likely one of the highest drafted OL in the game,  and we cant count on this run game for a damn thing.

honestly,  this season is maddening for me.   10-3 record,  and the trademark Vikings signatures, running the ball and playing stout defense,  are two of the worst marks in the league... WTF kind of twilight zone world are we living in?  for shit sake... it just dawned on me.... we are turning into the packers.   ugh.

I hope everyone can just take a minute to enjoy the Norris crown win this Saturday...

They may get 1 and done this post-season (maybe not) but dont you owe it to yourself to find some joy in rooting for the team this year? 

I'll spare everyone the "I'm old enough to remember watching the Vikings in SB's" bit. But after almost 45 years of waiting, I can find hope that this maybe the start to something big. 

the defense is just holdin back for the playoffs 

The defense sucks. But I do recall 2 or three games we would have lost if it weren't for the defense.
They lost a divisional game against a team that is pretty good now. Big deal.
I don't care what happens the rest of this season, they have produced something to build upon. Seems some want to tear it all down and start over. I want to see what they do in the future. 
I think they were handcuffed by Rick Spielman's roster, a handful of stars and a whole lot of schmoes, and did well with it.
And maybe they win a playoff game this year. That would be pretty impressive for the new regime.

Vikings are 28th in rushing attempts this season...That is a HUGE difference vs previous regime and thats on KOC. 

And I dont care what the stats say, I trust what my eyes are telling me and that is Dalvin Cook is not the same player this year. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/stat/rushing/table/rushing/sort/rushingAttempts/dir/desc

I too think Cook is tippy toeing his way off this roster this offseason… besides the appearance of not aggressively hitting the hole, he sure seems to be looking to run out of bounds as well, is he being coached to do that- Idk…?

Mattison isn't as explosive as Cook but any more I feel they are more likely to gain positive yardage when he's running the ball. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I hope everyone can just take a minute to enjoy the Norris crown win this Saturday...

They may get 1 and done this post-season (maybe not) but dont you owe it to yourself to find some joy in rooting for the team this year? 

I'll spare everyone the "I'm old enough to remember watching the Vikings in SB's" bit. But after almost 45 years of waiting, I can find hope that this maybe the start to something big. 
I’m right there with you. I figured even the soft reset was going to be hard to handle. I’m all in on KOC, he’s just different.

I watched a video on Coaching Trees and who has them and who doesn’t, and which ones are good and which ones aren’t.

McVay has a tree and it’s been pretty good, and he’s a young guy. 
Also, I live in Bears country and Bears fans are complete A holes around me. They’ve been fairly quiet this year, except when the Vikings lose, then I hear their shit. But, it hasn’t bothered me this season. Probably because I know the Packers are on the decline and the Bears are still crap!

I’m living in the moment, enjoying the wins and not getting upset over the loses.