Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lmao, these guys, man....these F-ING guys....
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
So how does a team with a QB having a horrible day beat a playoff team with a top 5 defense? In his locker room speech, KOC reveals the answer: situational football. 
"By no means was that our best day. But I'll tell you what I felt, each and every time adversity hit, I felt you guys come together even closer. You know what that normally entails? Situational football. On the day, our defense held them to 19%, 3-of-16 on third down and 1-of-6 in the red zone...And oh by the way, offensively we knew it was going to be a grind. That's what that side of the ball does. We did not turn the football over, we went 50% on third down and 3-of-3 in the red zone."
The 3-3 in the red zone is what won the game.  And that is a big change for our offense.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Vikings drew the AFC East this year. With the possible exception of the NFC East, the best division in football. Bills, Pats, Jets and Dolphins. No team under .500. Vikings went 4-0 against this division. It's hard to believe even as I type it. 
That is pretty amazing.  And we hopefully go .500 against the NFC East, the other best division in football.  And maybe get to avenge one of those losses in the playoffs.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
So how does a team with a QB having a horrible day beat a playoff team with a top 5 defense? In his locker room speech, KOC reveals the answer: situational football. 
"By no means was that our best day. But I'll tell you what I felt, each and every time adversity hit, I felt you guys come together even closer. You know what that normally entails? Situational football. On the day, our defense held them to 19%, 3-of-16 on third down and 1-of-6 in the red zone...And oh by the way, offensively we knew it was going to be a grind. That's what that side of the ball does. We did not turn the football over, we went 50% on third down and 3-of-3 in the red zone."
The 3-3 in the red zone is what won the game.  And that is a big change for our offense.
The running game was actually working in the red zone, which hasn't been the case much of the season.