Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Claypool
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"JR44" said:
He is bigger than Irv Smith, if we got him, I wonder if he would take some of those reps and keep Thielen and Osborne on the field as well.  

I am also so really surprised at all the WR talk, when DL is our by far our biggest area of need.  TE is as well, so this would make more sense if they see him able to play that role.

Having an inexperienced GM really hurt us in the draft, this class definitely did not move the needle.
Despite our record, our draft thusfar has been a bust. If it wasn't for Ingram playing mediocre football at guard it would be a complete bust. Seattle is getting huge dividends from their draft class and it's the biggest reason they've played as well as they have. I think we've been lucky in avoiding injuries and playing teams that have suffered key injuries. The name of the game is winning and we've done that, but Im still not sure how good of a team we actually are. I think the front office sees that as well and that's why they've been busy trying to work trades. If we would have drafted better there wouldn't be the need to do so. 
Very clearly the Rams, Bills, 49ers and Eagles also drafted poorly considering their trade activity. 

No doubt, Seattle had a great draft, but what-say we wait more than a month and a half into their rookie seasons before declaring our draft class a bust? Just a thought. 

I tend to think Ingram is a long-term starter at guard and Asamoah has flashed big-time ability. And hey, who knows, Cine and Booth might even contribute at some point. 

@"JR44" said:
He is bigger than Irv Smith, if we got him, I wonder if he would take some of those reps and keep Thielen and Osborne on the field as well.  

I am also so really surprised at all the WR talk, when DL is our by far our biggest area of need.  TE is as well, so this would make more sense if they see him able to play that role.

Having an inexperienced GM really hurt us in the draft, this class definitely did not move the needle.
Despite our record, our draft thusfar has been a bust. If it wasn't for Ingram playing mediocre football at guard it would be a complete bust. Seattle is getting huge dividends from their draft class and it's the biggest reason they've played as well as they have. I think we've been lucky in avoiding injuries and playing teams that have suffered key injuries. The name of the game is winning and we've done that, but Im still not sure how good of a team we actually are. I think the front office sees that as well and that's why they've been busy trying to work trades. If we would have drafted better there wouldn't be the need to do so. 
Very clearly the Rams, Bills, 49ers and Eagles also drafted poorly considering their trade activity. 

No doubt, Seattle had a great draft, but what-say we wait more than a month and a half into their rookie seasons before declaring our draft class a bust? Just a thought. 

I tend to think Ingram is a long-term starter at guard and Asamoah has flashed big-time ability. And hey, who knows, Cine and Booth might even contribute at some point. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JR44" said:

Very clearly the Rams have parlayed their draft picks into players via trades and have done so for years. 49ers were also lacking picks from the Lance trade so nothing they've done to this point comes as a surprise. The Eagles are the best team in football and Jordan Davis would look real good in purple about now, same for Kaiir Elam in Buffalo. 

But yeah every draft needs some time to pan out and evaluate, but the early returns on our draft and trading out of our prime draft positions all the way down for lower draft picks does not look good right now. We've gotten zero impact outside of Ingram and his play has been mediocre. Now Kwesi is working the trade lines to address deficiencies. My contention is if we would have handled draft day better, there likely wouldn't be the need to be doing so. 

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JR44" said:

Very clearly the Rams have parlayed their draft picks into players via trades and have done so for years. 49ers were also lacking picks from the Lance trade so nothing they've done to this point comes as a surprise. The Eagles are the best team in football and Jordan Davis would look real good in purple about now, same for Kaiir Elam in Buffalo. 

But yeah every draft needs some time to pan out and evaluate, but the early returns on our draft and trading out of our prime draft positions all the way down for lower draft picks does not look good right now. We've gotten zero impact outside of Ingram and his play has been mediocre. Now Kwesi is working the trade lines to address deficiencies. My contention is if we would have handled draft day better, there likely wouldn't be the need to be doing so. 
So it's teams with "deficiencies" that are buyers at the trade deadline? You really think that? Isn't it more teams that are loaded, have good records, are likely going to make the playoffs and are looking for an edge down the stretch? 

Based on early returns, the biggest bust in the draft has been your guy, Jameson Williams. But I'd say it's not fair to judge that pick because he's been hurt. But yet you do with Cine and Booth. 

In two or three years, we can look at all the key players--Davis, Elam, Williams, Cine and Booth--and judge the draft then. Honestly, I think the player everyone will be talking about is Brian Asamoah. 

Quote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=n-eH8tkIs9s&feature=emb_logo @"BigAl99" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Kinda of followed Claypool the last couple of years and he has a lot of talent, but always seems to make some bonehead play that snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory. Taunting/personal foul, dropped balls, blown routes and it just appears to me to be at the worst possible times.  Now if you were talking about Les Claypool, I would be all in.

I've seen Les perform live 3 times this year. He is the greatest bass player on the planet 

I go between Les and Flea, its always been a toss up for me.  Watching Les sing and play at the same time just blows me away.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=n-eH8tkIs9s&feature=emb_logo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=n-eH8tkIs9s&feature=emb_logo

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JR44" said:

So it's teams with "deficiencies" that are buyers at the trade deadline? You really think that? Isn't it more teams that are loaded, have good records, are likely going to make the playoffs and are looking for an edge down the stretch? 

Based on early returns, the biggest bust in the draft has been your guy, Jameson Williams. But I'd say it's not fair to judge that pick because he's been hurt. But yet you do with Cine and Booth. 

In two or three years, we can look at all the key players--Davis, Elam, Williams, Cine and Booth--and judge the draft then. Honestly, I think the player everyone will be talking about is Brian Asamoah. 

Lol no, I'm just saying if we would have drafted better this year we likely wouldn't be looking to move future draft capital for players. We were literally fucking around trying to address the defensive line a week before the season began. McCardell didn't want to address receiver in the draft, but we traded for Raegor and are now looking at potentially trading for Claypool. We had the opportunity to address all these positions in the draft, but parlayed our way down to take a safety who was running fourth on the depth chart before his catastrophic injury. It's fair to criticize Kwesi's early draft returns because he set himself up for it with how he handled the draft and all the strange trade downs, acquiring quantity over quality and the early returns have not been good. We'll see how it all plays out in 3 years, but that doesn't mean you can't look at this draft now through an honest scope and not feel good about it when we've got minimal returns and are trying to address positions of need. We drafted 10 players...10...and Ingram is the only one contributing.