Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Claypool
Per Darren Wolfsen, the Vikings have had trade discussions with the Steelers regarding Chase Claypool. 

Interesting to me that they continue to be interested in adding to the WR room. Jefferson, Thielen, Osborne, Raegor and now maybe Claypool? I still contend we should have just taken Jameson Williams in the draft, but this is interesting 

1. We absolutely should have drafted Jameson Williams.

2. Claypool… idk. Thielen and KJ are better than him aren’t they? So if that’s the case then what are we doing here?

The offense could use a boost I agree, I just don’t see how adding another B level WR is going to really help matters. 

Interesting. I've heard Jeudy's name thrown around, but I'd bet it'd cost at least a 2nd for him and there seems to be quite a number of teams looking at him.

Claypool had a pretty good rookie year but hasn't done much since. Maybe some stability at QB and a new environment would do him well. 

Big kid, still young. 

Thielen and Osborn aren't getting the separation. Need to go younger but what can the Vikings trade and also lack of cap space. 

I guess McCardell's whole "draft another position" statement/assesment prior to the draft really hasn't panned out that way as this is now potentially the second WR added via trade after the start of the season. Instead of Lewis Cine running fourth on the safery depth chart before his potentially career ending injury, we could have had Williams getting ready to come back for the stretch run at a seemingly still evolving WR group. 

I hope it happens. Not sure what we'd do with him, but George Pickens is on my fantasy team. :-)

Claypool is 6'4 238lbs which is 20lbs more than Mike Williams.  His Cap hit is only about 2 million this year and next still on rookie deal like Jeudy.  
His stats coincide with who his QB has been.

I like him a lot and this would have the benefit of keeping him off of the Packers.

The Viking rumor for a WR persist despite my thought of Defensive help first. 

So of the WR's rumored who do you want to keep away from Rodgers?  Jeudy, Claypool, Cooks....... 

OH and what do we have to give up draft pick wise?  We don't have our 4th or 6th, so we are probably looking at giving up our 3rd rounder plus some?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Claypool is 6'4 238lbs which is 20lbs more than Mike Williams.  His Cap hit is only about 2 million this year and next still on rookie deal like Jeudy.  
His stats coincide with who his QB has been.

I like him a lot and this would have the benefit of keeping him off of the Packers.

The Viking rumor for a WR persist despite my thought of Defensive help first. 

So of the WR's rumored who do you want to keep away from Rodgers?  Jeudy, Claypool, Cooks....... 
Out of those three I would take Claypool. He's a bit of a unicorn. You mention the size, but not the speed (4.42). His upside is enormous. Is he a big slot? A TE? A Megatron-like deep threat? God, who knows? But offensive savants often love this kind of player, but it's not always easy to use them effectively. 

Who would I fear most in Green Bay? I think Claypool would be last on that list. Ya still gotta figure out what to do with him. So probably Cooks. Jeudy is a great route runner, which would probably appeal most to Angry Rodgers, if he has a say. But I'm still not convinced the Donkeys are in sell mode. Yet. If they lose this week though? I can see it. 

Kinda of followed Claypool the last couple of years and he has a lot of talent, but always seems to make some bonehead play that snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory. Taunting/personal foul, dropped balls, blown routes and it just appears to me to be at the worst possible times.  Now if you were talking about Les Claypool, I would be all in.