• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Kirk
Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.
I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

Any I told you so post is essentially low key hoping that person would fail so you could say "I was right". Not going to name names because I dont feel like being stalked by some of these twerps. But there is a poster on this and the other highly active Vikes board who openly cheers against KAM because as he proudly states KAM was only hired because of his race. If that isnt someone cheering for KAM to fail I dont know what is. 
theres another Vikes board?

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Duncan seems to pull off the oversized plaid a little better. It looks urban. Cousins looks like a 7 year old on his first day of school....in 1974. 
Kirk wears the look well, lol. When I first saw this interview I actually laughed and said really Kirk.
There's always something to mock!  KC's play was very good Sunday so no mocking there... Ah, but yes, the shirt, we can mock that!  Bizarre, KC gets no grace on this site, there's always something to mock!  Who cares what he wears to the post game interview, his commentary is the point not his attire.
Lighten up a little. Just having some fun. If you look back over time I have usually been a defender of Kirk's game.
I know, just seemed a little over the top.  Mrs C probably picked it out...

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Duncan seems to pull off the oversized plaid a little better. It looks urban. Cousins looks like a 7 year old on his first day of school....in 1974. 
Kirk wears the look well, lol. When I first saw this interview I actually laughed and said really Kirk.
There's always something to mock!  KC's play was very good Sunday so no mocking there... Ah, but yes, the shirt, we can mock that!  Bizarre, KC gets no grace on this site, there's always something to mock!  Who cares what he wears to the post game interview, his commentary is the point not his attire.
Lighten up a little. Just having some fun. If you look back over time I have usually been a defender of Kirk's game.
LOL... yes she did,  apparently she picks out all his game day clothes....literally,  not just the shopping part,  she lays out what he wears.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
LOL... yes she did,  apparently she picks out all his game day clothes....literally,  not just the shopping part,  she lays out what he wears.
LOL, maybe she washes and presses his uniform too!

In any large enough group of people, you’re going to get a
few nuts.  That said, I don’t think very
many people are rooting for their favorite team to fail.  I think there’s a fair number of people that
are trying to look at things realistically, and say “what are the odds …” and when
compared to the people that drink all the koolaid, buy all the bridges the
salemen try to sell, etc., I imagine these are the people who they think are
rooting for failure.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 
Well said. There's all kinds of video evidence from the game/on the sidelines of exactly what you are saying.
I'm curious who wants KAM to fail?  I have seen a few who have said he might be in over his head or that they would have preferred a different GM candidate,   but I dont think I've seen anybody posting or talking about him failing as a good thing.

Any I told you so post is essentially low key hoping that person would fail so you could say "I was right". Not going to name names because I dont feel like being stalked by some of these twerps. But there is a poster on this and the other highly active Vikes board who openly cheers against KAM because as he proudly states KAM was only hired because of his race. If that isnt someone cheering for KAM to fail I dont know what is. 
theres another Vikes board?

Purple Pain...seems fitting for this guy.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
LOL, maybe she washes and presses his uniform too!
No, there are equipment crews for that. But you can bet Mrs. Cousins washes, presses, folds and lays out on the bed all of his non-football clothes.

I can't imagine that in this day and age, but hey, to each their own. 

[Image: June_and_Ward_Cleaver_Leave_it_to_Beaver_1958.JPG]

Quote: @"medaille" said:
In any large enough group of people, you’re going to get a
few nuts.  That said, I don’t think very
many people are rooting for their favorite team to fail.  I think there’s a fair number of people that
are trying to look at things realistically, and say “what are the odds …” and when
compared to the people that drink all the koolaid, buy all the bridges the
salemen try to sell, etc., I imagine these are the people who they think are
rooting for failure.
I think most of us are intelligent enough to understand the difference between being subjective. As opposed to caring more about being right and thus essentially rooting for failure. Again there's a very vocal poster who openly states skin color is the only reason KAM was hired. Not sure that falls under looking at things realistically. 

There’s definitely times when I post on this board and feel like dang, I’m being pretty negative. And it doesn’t feel good but I hust genuinely love this team and want them to do well. I have no impact whatsoever on whether or not they do, so sometimes it’s nice to vent haha. Especially after the past couple of seasons. But I 100% enjoy the wins along the way and man! We held GB to 7 points in the home opener in our coach’s first game!!! So cool. One of the best Viking moments since we last beat Nola in the playoffs I’d say. 

All fans are different and support in their own way but we’re all here year after year wanting to be entertained and yearning for the Vikes to be relevant or dare I say it, good. There’s def some weirdos who secretly want the Vikings to lose but for the most part we’re all in the same boat. It’s fun!

Sidenote- my neighbor is a GB fan so this year I got a Vikings flag. Even sprung for the double-sided, embroidered one for $48 on Amazon. She arrived Saturday, I ironed her out Sunday morning like an absolute dork, and had it flying by 9am. Damn if that purple flag didn’t look absolutely beautiful by about 6pm on Sunday evening haha. Haven’t heard much from my neighbor the past few days…  :p

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I'm glad he feels better, but I'll believe something beyond feelings is different when he gets the job done in pressure and off-script situations, and wins some big games for the team.
meh, first game of the year versus your rival. Pretty big game. 

Also he continuously gets his team to and above 23 points a game. That should have equaled a much higher winning percentage the last few years. Especially with a “defensive guru” for a coach.