Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Kirk

I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 

Having a boss that believes in you vs shuns you makes all the difference in the world...We've all been there and felt it ourselves. 

We'll see how things go when adversity ultimately hits, but it sure looked different on the sidelines yesterday

without a doubt KOC brings a different vibe than Mike. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I said the energy was different at camp and I was told I was nuts but it is true. I am happy to see it. The new coaching staff has a plan that seems to be clicking. Yes it's early but it's something to build on. I am happy for him. 
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
You were right.

I enjoy the wins one game at a time. Its ok to be excited right now for this win, in fact, be REALLY excited. I'll be excited all week until Monday night football. It doesn't mean I don't understand there are things to work on for the team.....I do get that. I get it doesn't guarantee anything other than being 1-0 after one game. I'm happy for Kirk as well. 

Sadly, I get the impression that a few fans here (not you at all) were waiting for KOC to shit the bed yesterday so they could piss in everyone's cornflakes about it and bemoan Zimmer being gone. Kind of quiet here this morning surprisingly.
Absolutely agree. I am totally psyched right now about this team but I realize next Monday will be another battle and could easily come with a completely different outcome.

VG, you were completely right, you can see and feel the positive energy from the entire team.

Sadly you're also right Sticky, there is always going to be those that want failure so they have a reason to bitch.

For now I am just savoring yesterday's awesome win. 

I was happy to see him check out of the play call at the line a couple times. He was solid and delivered. Seemed more relaxed in the big game setting. O-line had some protection lapses at times, but he dealt with it well. He was the best QB on the field. Can't ask for much more!

@Vikergirl said:
You were right.

Oh no doubt, just like there are people that want KAM to fail because they feel he has no business having the GM job.

The energy was beyond rah rah, kumbaya too. It was a deeply rooted positive and creative vibe. The videos I have of how excited Cousins, Thielen and Jefferson were talking with O'Connell and gesturing animatedly about a play or a route is ridiculous. KOC talks to everyone. And the enthusiasm is infectious. It was like being shaken out of a fog and being given great ideas or being allowed to contribute and it is awesome. I mean Cousins audibled yesterday. He seems so confident. Everyone is being heard. The defensive energy is great as is the special teams. 

https://twitter.com/jzulgad/status/1569177165488394245
I liked seeing him hand out the game balls to KOC and Kwezi.  Just seemed a different person.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
I was happy to see him check out of the play call at the line a couple times. He was solid and delivered. Seemed more relaxed in the big game setting. O-line had some protection lapses at times, but he dealt with it well. He was the best QB on the field. Can't ask for much more!
Yep. I commented on the same thing to a fellow Vikings fan I was watching the game with. Kirk audibled! And it worked! At least the first time I noticed it. Promising.