Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really don't want Biden vs Trump in 24...
Quote: @"Zanary" said:
How about...MORE THAN TWO CHOICES, AND NOT JUST TWO TREASONOUS TRASHIPLE PARTIES??!?!?

Seriously, at some point, it HAS to occur to people that settling for that level of f**king manipulated stupidity remains a horrible idea...right?!?!?

We won't have 140 million Americans settle for the same lying fan clubs again, right?  RIGHT?!!?

Yeah, I know.  Just...hopeful, despite decades of proof that every 4 years, this country is truly, fatally stupid.
well.... technically that is what the primaries are for,  you can still have a diverse group of candidates representing different angles and let the best ones win.  personally I think we need a national change that eliminates the political parties on the ballots,  blind voting where you only get the candidates name,  if you dont know what they stand for then you shouldnt be voting.

Money = Free Speech, is, was and always will be the basis for a divided society.     

Most of the Country is somewhere in the middle...between the two parties.  The problem with a two party primary is that the candidates that get through to the General are ideologically to the Left or Right of most of us.  

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
Most of the Country is somewhere in the middle...between the two parties.  The problem with a two party primary is that the candidates that get through to the General are ideologically to the Left or Right of most of us.  
I see it a bit different.  I think the two parties sit squarely in the middle, working for themselves, their reelection and enrichment.  They take a few moments to pander to the people on either side at election time, but otherwise are simply working at staying part of the elite.

Most people would be okay living with much less government, then they could live their lives how they want, right or left, and as long as they are not harming others, everyone would relatively get along.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"badgervike" said:
I see it a bit different.  I think the two parties sit squarely in the middle, working for themselves, their reelection and enrichment.  They take a few moments to pander to the people on either side at election time, but otherwise are simply working at staying part of the elite.

Most people would be okay living with much less government, then they could live their lives how they want, right or left, and as long as they are not harming others, everyone would relatively get along.
Well said. 

How about...MORE THAN TWO CHOICES, AND NOT JUST TWO TREASONOUS TRASHIPLE PARTIES??!?!?

Seriously, at some point, it HAS to occur to people that settling for that level of f**king manipulated stupidity remains a horrible idea...right?!?!?

We won't have 140 million Americans settle for the same lying fan clubs again, right?  RIGHT?!!?

Yeah, I know.  Just...hopeful, despite decades of proof that every 4 years, this country is truly, fatally stupid.
Me and 70ish others in my county keep voting libertarian. Some day Z. Some day.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Why don't your libertarian candidate just run as a D or an R?  We see it in SD where a D switches teams and suddenly can get shit done.  There's always those that look for the letter before they look for the quality of the candidate,  take advantage of that.

IMO, the only way a viable 3rd party ever comes to the game is if a large chunk of either main party splinters off ,  a decent fraction of both parties join up on some common ground like fiscal issues and let's the hot button election fodder shit fall away until the real problems are solved.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Why don't your libertarian candidate just run as a D or an R?  We see it in SD where a D switches teams and suddenly can get shit done.  There's always those that look for the letter before they look for the quality of the candidate,  take advantage of that.

IMO, the only way a viable 3rd party ever comes to the game is if a large chunk of either main party splinters off ,  a decent fraction of both parties join up on some common ground like fiscal issues and let's the hot button election fodder shit fall away until the real problems are solved.
Yeah, but get WHAT done?  Paint themselves in traitor's colors, knowing that they have to salute/spit at the image of Trumplestilskin in today's climate?

Some people have principles, unlike the "big 2", and won't be counted among that s**t.

The voters need to learn to count to at least 3, which will mean asking for something better than skyrocketing debt, insane inflation, and a country violently divided by two power-mongering hatred factories.  Sadly, if they don't figure that out...the country deserves to fail, doesn't it?

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:

Yeah, but get WHAT done?  Paint themselves in traitor's colors, knowing that they have to salute/spit at the image of Trumplestilskin in today's climate?

Some people have principles, unlike the "big 2", and won't be counted among that s**t.

The voters need to learn to count to at least 3, which will mean asking for something better than skyrocketing debt, insane inflation, and a country violently divided by two power-mongering hatred factories.  Sadly, if they don't figure that out...the country deserves to fail, doesn't it?
Won't happen until people turn off their televisions.  Too many on both sided get everything from the TV.  And so they have an easy time controlling what that group thinks about.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Zanary" said:

well... when you reach your grave and your candidates have accomplished absolutely nothing because they cant get on stage to make their voices heard... you will at least still have your principals.

in the real world there is how we wish things worked,  and how things actually work.  those with the money have rigged the game,  so either play the rigged game or go find a new game,  but standing around stomping your feet because nobody will change the game to the way you want to play it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

There is nothing that says every R has to be a RINO or a Trumper,  anymore than every D has to be a ( whatever they will accept being called )  grab whichever party you most closely identify with and run under that banner and then once you are in the game... work from the inside to change it.... or find really damn rich 3rd party guys that can just buy their way into a party and create your own reform of that party like Trump has tried to do with the Rs.