Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really don't want Biden vs Trump in 24...
Please, anything (almost) but those two...

Country deserves better, I hope the system can produce it

there is no way the D's would nominate Biden is there?  I would like to say the same for the R's and Trump,  but Trumps popularity across the country is still significantly higher than Bidens.

I personally think it will be DeSantis.  He has done a good job with Florida since he took the helm and I think that will resonate with conservatives as well as many moderates,  and IMO its not the left or right that he needs to win,  its the middle 20% that decide these elections so he just needs to focus on common sense and not trying to carry the fringe element.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
there is no way the D's would nominate Biden is there?  I would like to say the same for the R's and Trump,  but Trumps popularity across the country is still significantly higher than Bidens.

I personally think it will be DeSantis.  He has done a good job with Florida since he took the helm and I think that will resonate with conservatives as well as many moderates,  and IMO its not the left or right that he needs to win,  its the middle 20% that decide these elections so he just needs to focus on common sense and not trying to carry the fringe element.
I don't think has has the Kahuna's to toss his hat in the ring vs Donald...

There are "whispers" of discontent with Biden among D's. But I dont see a Buttigieg having enough support to win team blue - lease not in 22. Maybe by 24??

Maybe they'll be someone else who isnt on the radar yet catch fire?

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Sadly, I think our national political system is setup to promote this type of garbage.

I think there should be an age limit and cognitive testing...  Not sure either Biden or Trump could pass although will say that Trump can give a speech without a teleprompter...

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
I think there should be an age limit and cognitive testing...  Not sure either Biden or Trump could pass although will say that Trump can give a speech without a teleprompter...
but Trump cant do a press conference without seeing a trap being laid by the media... he walked into way to many easy gotchas set by people that shouldnt be smarter than the US President.  He should have known better,   a lot of Ds on here blasted him for this and that and said it proved that he shouldnt be President,  for me it was his inability to check his ego and know when to STFU.  I often wondered how he was in a room full of foreign dignitaries who hated him. (granted most of them are just as despicable as many viewed him,  but I have to think those meetings were incredibly awkward at best.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Sadly, I think our national political system is setup to promote this type of garbage.
we have a better selection of potato chips than who runs the country.

Two “Viable” parties - BOTH equally worthless.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

we have a better selection of potato chips than who runs the country.

Two “Viable” parties - BOTH equally worthless.
Our country's first leader spoke open and plainly about his views on political parties and how they would affect our republic.... Washington was very firm in his belief they they would lead to party over country and created divides that would derail us.   sadly once again we chose not to follow the wise words of our founding fathers.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

There are "whispers" of discontent with Biden among D's. But I dont see a Buttigieg having enough support to win team blue - lease not in 22. Maybe by 24??

I absolutely don't see the appeal that some see in Mayor Pete.  He had his own controversies in the relatively small city of South Bend and seems extremely light on substance.  Is it just another virtue signal choice because he's gay or do you really believe he is the most qualified of the Dems?

Jimmy - I agree with you.  DeSanctis has much of the appeal of Trump and much more self control.  He's been battle tested by the media due to his high profile and has handled that quite well.

I'd still like to see someone more in the middle like Tulsi Gabbards...but not sure either party trusts her (which is a good thing for a third party guy like me).

Quote: @"badgervike" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

I absolutely don't see the appeal that some see in Mayor Pete.  He had his own controversies in the relatively small city of South Bend and seems extremely light on substance.  Is it just another virtue signal choice because he's gay or do you really believe he is the most qualified of the Dems?

Jimmy - I agree with you.  DeSanctis has much of the appeal of Trump and much more self control.  He's been battle tested by the media due to his high profile and has handled that quite well.

I'd still like to see someone more in the middle like Tulsi Gabbards...but not sure either party trusts her (which is a good thing for a third party guy like me).
I thought Gabbards was the strongest candidate for team blue during the 2020 primaries.  Not liberal enough for team blue and not conservative enough for team red.  A potentially good third party candidate or perhaps a  true unifier that may be able to successful in reducing acrimony and making progress in issues of concern.  I'm sure I would not agree with all her views but believe she is very intelligent, articulate person with tremendous leadership skills (much better than either major party candidate in 2020)/