Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v Wade struck down by SCOTUS
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Only Idaho has a rape/incest exception because revictimization is apparently acceptable.
rapists and abusers love abortion.  It covers up their crime.  Proud of Idaho.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Only Idaho has a rape/incest exception because revictimization is apparently acceptable.
A forced pregnancy through rape is revictimization, it takes the power and choice away from the woman, that's absolutely grotesque. A forced pregnancy for any reason is devastating and will lead to desperate measures. But politicians that are supposedly against abortion can still get them for their mistresses though. 

@"greediron" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
A forced pregnancy through rape is revictimization, it takes the power and choice away from the woman, that's absolutely grotesque. A forced pregnancy for any reason is devastating and will lead to desperate measures. But politicians that are supposedly against abortion can still get them for their mistresses though. 
So instead of one victim, there are two victims.  That works. Let the rapist keep on creating more victims.

Unless you understand abortion has a cost as well.  

And politicians are corrupt.  You wanna get into the whataboutism?  Newsome, Lori Lightfoot, Pelosi, Mad Maxine... If it weren't for the massive hypocrites on the left, the "pro-life" politicians would be the worst.

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1...DsmNIKYMkw&s=19
I hope they do.  Gotta love Justice Thomas.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
I hope they do.  Gotta love Justice Thomas.
So more unplanned and even unwanted pregnancies then because of no birth control. And getting rid of same sex marriage too because why? 

How do you figure "revictimization"?

"Idaho passed its trigger law in 2020, and it will take effect in 30 days, making abortion a felony. The law only makes exceptions for rape, incest and to save the pregnant person’s life. A rape or incest victim would have to provide a copy of a police report to the physician who would perform the procedure, a process which can sometimes take weeks."

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/06/24/i...oe-v-wade/

Seems logical to prevent anyone casually saying they were raped and thus should be allowed to have an abortion...  Morning after pill should take care of that anyway...  Not sure how incest is proven without DNA testing.   

According to USAToday, few abortions are conducted due to rape or incest:

"Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...211175001/

As a survivor of rape, that was victimization. Becoming pregnant against my will was revictimization. Being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy is revictimization. Taking the power and choice from the woman is revictimization. I was able to choose and get my power back thankfully but there are women that will be denied their rights and be reduced to second class status.

Also why the hell should a woman have to provide a copy of the police report to the doctor, talk about traumatizing and victimizing her again. The woman has no say, no choice and no power in some states now. Also there are a lot of reasons women choose abortion. It could be financial, medical or whatever. It's no one's business why but woman are going to lose their right to privacy now. Not at women want children. Sometimes birth control fails. And now there is talk of taking that away as well. This is absolutely ridiculous and going backwards. 

As a survivor of rape, that was victimization. Becoming pregnant against my will was revictimization. Being forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy is revictimization. Taking the power and choice from the woman is revictimization. I was able to choose and get my power back thankfully but there are women that will be denied their rights and be reduced to second class status.

Also why the hell should a woman have to provide a copy of the police report to the doctor, talk about traumatizing and victimizing her again. The woman has no say, no choice and no power in some states now. Also there are a lot of reasons women choose abortion. It could be financial, medical or whatever. It's no one's business why but woman are going to lose their right to privacy now. Not at women want children. Sometimes birth control fails. And now there is talk of taking that away as well. This is absolutely ridiculous and going backwards. 
Okay, I understand, women should just walk away when they're raped,...  Let the perp walk.  Makes no sense at all.  Horrific that rape ever happens, no one supports rapes but everyone believes prosecution is appropriate (except the perps of course).  Rape and incest are rare reasons for abortion but would increase to the main reason if no proof is required.  To me, it makes sense. and the women would be reporting to police, not a public proclamation.  The perp theoretically gets prosecuted and paperwork is available to share with doctor.

The morning after pill certainly takes care of the issue in the case of rape but will it remain available?  Apparently there are state legislators in Idaho that want to bring legislation to the floor banning emergency contraception.  Too early to tell which direction to tell which way the discussions will go.  Certainly, I would actively support morning after contraception and will be talking my state legislators to NOT support a ban.

Way to early to emotionally bash Idaho when the discussion over emergency contraception has not even occurred much less a final decision.