Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope KC proves a lot of people wrong
Quote: @bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
How many NFL QBs would make headlines by sitting in the front for a team meeting?  That is pretty sad that it is even a topic of discussion. 
How many QBs have a group of fans who are mentally ill enough to scour the interwebs for ridiculous reasons to obsessively shit on them? I'm sure other teams fans critiqued their players dodge ball skills at the Pro Bowl as much as the mental midgets critiqued KC's.
This is with all team's fans, not just Minnesota. Social media is all about its either absolutely great, the best ever in history or its sucks beyond belief. Very bipolar. Twitter comments are a sewer of hyperbole and toxicity. If you want a narrative to run with, there is one to suit every kind of thought or opinion. Content is king, as long as its a strong opinion......quality or correctness has nothing to do with it. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
How many NFL QBs would make headlines by sitting in the front for a team meeting?  That is pretty sad that it is even a topic of discussion. 
How many QBs have a group of fans who are mentally ill enough to scour the interwebs for ridiculous reasons to obsessively shit on them? I'm sure other teams fans critiqued their players dodge ball skills at the Pro Bowl as much as the mental midgets critiqued KC's.
This is with all team's fans, not just Minnesota. Social media is all about its either absolutely great, the best ever in history or its sucks beyond belief. Very bipolar. Twitter comments are a sewer of hyperbole and toxicity. If you want a narrative to run with, there is one to suit every kind of thought or opinion. Content is king, as long as its a strong opinion......quality or correctness has nothing to do with it. 
I think you just described all discourse in the age of social media. Everything is binary, black and white. You start talking about the grey, people tune out. But that's where the truth is. 

I mean if that poster thinks Minnesota fans are bad, I'd hate to see he/she spend time on the Jets or Eagles message board. Those Philly/Jersey fans are borderline psychos. 

@JR44 said:
Live in Philly where this is has been going on decades before the internet and social media.....just saying Smile

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
I mean if that poster thinks Minnesota fans are bad, I'd hate to see he/she spend time on the Jets or Eagles message board. Those Philly/Jersey fans are borderline psychos. 
Jezz I didn't even read this yet before I posted Smile

@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
I have no doubt other teams fans have similar mentally incapacitated folks I just think ours are king with some of the ridiculous things they choose to critique. 

@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
I have no doubt other teams fans have similar mentally incapacitated folks I just think ours are king with some of the ridiculous things they choose to critique. 
Well Kirk is also a pretty easy target. He's weird, kinda seems socially awkward, and the comments about he and Zimmer's relationship make it easy to critique or poke fun at stuff like this. Could be me being bias but I don't think Vikings fans are overall near the top for crazy fan bases. Philly takes the cake. Bills fans are nuts. Jets fans are nuts. Bears fans when they had Cutler were wild too as I was in college during his early years there and the Chicago kids at Iowa said some wild crap about him/the team. Cant forget about Cowboys and Raiders fans too.

@bigbone62 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
Well Kirk is also a pretty easy target. He's weird, kinda seems socially awkward, and the comments about he and Zimmer's relationship make it easy to critique or poke fun at stuff like this. Could be me being bias but I don't think Vikings fans are overall near the top for crazy fan bases. Philly takes the cake. Bills fans are nuts. Jets fans are nuts. Bears fans when they had Cutler were wild too as I was in college during his early years there and the Chicago kids at Iowa said some wild crap about him/the team. Cant forget about Cowboys and Raiders fans too.

Na, we just can't have nice things.  We finally get stability at the most important position on the team and we're all ready to grab the pitchforcks and chase the guy out of town.

@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
The modern day talk radio.

@bigbone62 said:
@StickyBun said:
@bigbone62 said:
@JR44 said:
Also depends on if you spent time in other markets to listen to all the crap.  Talk radio is all about shock value in every market but seriously Philly has been by far the worst.  They even make NY look like childs play.  I also spend a lot of time in the Patriots market and Baltimore and they were not even close in comparison to Philly other than Yankee's/Boston before Boston won.  Geez I can go back to the Flyers days in Philly and they even more brutal then the Eagles but hockey fans paled in numbers of course.