Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ya just gotta love the party that wants less govt in your life
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
For all the guys that will never have to make this decision, it's not about you. Women can choose to complete a pregnancy, place for adoption or terminate a pregnancy. She has a right to her options. She doesn't have to justify her choice. It's up to her. It could be financial, medical, trauma or any number of reasons but no amount of guilt, shame, blame, judgment or whatever you dish out on her is going to deny her the right to choose. The most important thing is that she is safe.  Abortion is not going to go away regardless. My preference is that it is in the safety of medical professionals as opposed to some dark hidden space. And you can call her selfish or all kinds of names but she has the right to determine the course of her life and her destiny period. 
So,  do you support women that are pregnant using drugs that could likely be harmful to their child?

The OP was not about abortion, its about preventing legal access to drugs that have been known to cause issues with unborn and breast fed children when their mothers are using them.  This should be about as common sense as it possibly is, but yet there are those that think this should be a "choice"?  this is straight up child endangerment at a minimum.  
I know what the OP was about. I read it. I also followed the conversation and it changed direction. I don't support pregnant women using drugs that are harmful to their child but I don't have any control over that. I have worked with clients with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders and see the results and it can be devastating. My sister's stepson has drug issues and so does his wife and they have lost children because of it. The laws vary but there are consequences for that. As far as abortion is concerned, that is a choice. You don't have to like it or agree but it is a choice. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.
I mean, is she barred from buying alcohol?  If she is then you have a case, if she's not, then this is garbage and screams how out of touch parts of this country are.

We have a medically classified syndrome for this, yet no one has yet to bring it up.  Ohh that's right, because its about America's favorite and most boring vice, alcohol.  

No cannabis for you, but feel free to buy all the booze you want.  Shit, do your feet hurt from being pregnant and can't make it to the store?  Alabama allows for curbside alcohol sales.

BTW this is medical cannabis, not super California THC take you to the moon pot.

Give me a fucking break Alabama
IMO yes,  it should be an arrest-able offense for pregnant women to be getting drunk or smoking anything while pregnant.  a single glass of wine or a beer once in while while pregnant would be an over look as that has been studied to great extent and show to have negligible affects on an unborn kid or breast feeding baby.  and if there are studies showing that same with pot, then occasional mild use could be over looked,  but habitual use of either would be a criminal act towards the baby IMO.

I dont personally care about pot use,  as long as we could have kept it at just pot,  but seems like as a society we have been unable to keep legalized pot as the extent and soon the areas that have allowed it find themselves dealing with increasing treatments for other, more severe dependencies.  I look at pot like i look at booze,  tax and allow.

Quote: @Skodin said:
"I am talking about myself there Al,  the day I quit speaking up for those that have no voice, or helping those that cant help themselves, is the day I will have lost compassion for our species and as such will have lost my soul.  I dont worry about you and yours, that is your responsibility."

That's a good way to be but do other sentient beings that have no voice count too?
not sure where you are going with this one,  but IMO not if they taste good when lightly salted and chased across an open flame. :p 

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I guess if somebody doesn't care if the mother kills the unborn child,  who should give a shit if she  fucks the kid up as a result of getting stoned.
And that right there is the difference between pro life and pro abortion. 

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 
Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 

Somebody has to look out for the bodily autonomy of the baby.  If not the government then who?

Angry men!
Better that than irrational women killing babies.

Says an angry man, I assume.
I do get angry at injustices done to the vulnerable.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@BigAl99 said:
@AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
And that right there is the difference between pro life and pro abortion. 

Pro life people view the unborn as their own being. Someone who should be afforded all the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness that every other person gets. 

Pro abortion people think its nothing different then exfoliating a few unwanted cells. 
Pro-choice people view the woman as having rights over her own body and the freedom to choose what decisions she makes regarding it. You don't have to like it and you don't have to agree but bodily autonomy and self-determination are important. 

Somebody has to look out for the bodily autonomy of the baby.  If not the government then who?

Angry men!
Better that than irrational women killing babies.

Says an angry man, I assume.
Thought you guys didnt assume gender?

You never come off as strongly gender specific, so do you have a preferred chosen pronoun?  Who are you grouping me with, white senior grandparents?

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
For all the guys that will never have to make this decision, it's not about you. Women can choose to complete a pregnancy, place for adoption or terminate a pregnancy. She has a right to her options. She doesn't have to justify her choice. It's up to her. It could be financial, medical, trauma or any number of reasons but no amount of guilt, shame, blame, judgment or whatever you dish out on her is going to deny her the right to choose. The most important thing is that she is safe.  Abortion is not going to go away regardless. My preference is that it is in the safety of medical professionals as opposed to some dark hidden space. And you can call her selfish or all kinds of names but she has the right to determine the course of her life and her destiny period. 
It takes two to make a baby, a man and a woman (traditional definitions) and so it takes a man and a woman to raise a child.  And once that baby is created, it is no longer a woman's body, it is the body of the child.

The choice was made before the child was created.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
So,  do you support women that are pregnant using drugs that could likely be harmful to their child?

The OP was not about abortion, its about preventing legal access to drugs that have been known to cause issues with unborn and breast fed children when their mothers are using them.  This should be about as common sense as it possibly is, but yet there are those that think this should be a "choice"?  this is straight up child endangerment at a minimum.  
I know what the OP was about. I read it. I also followed the conversation and it changed direction. I don't support pregnant women using drugs that are harmful to their child but I don't have any control over that. I have worked with clients with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders and see the results and it can be devastating. My sister's stepson has drug issues and so does his wife and they have lost children because of it. The laws vary but there are consequences for that. As far as abortion is concerned, that is a choice. You don't have to like it or agree but it is a choice. 
the comment were geared towards any that would speak out against this particular piece of legislation, 

and yes just like any murder, abortion is a choice.  i dont like or agree with most all murders,  but they are indeed a choice,  however in the case of abortion, its a murder that doesn't have a criminal consequence. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
It takes two to make a baby, a man and a woman (traditional definitions) and so it takes a man and a woman to raise a child.  And once that baby is created, it is no longer a woman's body, it is the body of the child.

It does take take two but usually women are the ones that are facing the reality of the choice. There are many guys that walk away. It is still part of the woman's body. The woman has ownership and takes precedence, her rights don't disappear. 

@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:

It does take take two but usually women are the ones that are facing the reality of the choice. There are many guys that walk away. It is still part of the woman's body. The woman has ownership and takes precedence, her rights don't disappear. 
and neither should either of their obligations,  you want to talk about making men face the consequences of that particular choice, sister you got me in your corner all 12 rounds and more. 

@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:

Right there is the issue.  Free sex isn't free and harms women more than helps them.  

So the problem is guys ditching their duty. How about we work to solve that.

And that last part? No, it isn't part of the woman's body and nobody should own another person.