Patrick Peterson is back
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
meh

I expect they'll include void years.

Looks like a re-run of the same team last year that missed the playoffs.

I can only pray now.
What are you talking about? How many new defensive starters did you want? It’s a one year deal by the way.

The defense now has a new starting DE, a new starting DT, a new starting LB, two new CBs for depth, a new starting G (likely), and a new lineman for depth. 

We will enter the season with Irv Smith currently healthy, same goes for Hunter. We also seemed prepared to enter with a new starting safety in Bynum. It’s not a re-run at all
The new DE is had back surgery last year and only played 18 snaps in week 1 and 19 snaps in the playoff loss to the 49ers.
The starting DT is replacing a starting DT. That move is a push with Phillips being 20 to 30 lbs lighter and 3 years younger.
The starting LB is replacing a starting LB (Barr). Hicks is a few months younger and they are about equal but Hicks might be a better fit on the inside.
Sullivan is an slight upgrade over Alexander who had his worst year last year. Funny that many blame coaching for last year but Mac is still a bum.
Tye Smith may not even make the team.
Jesse Davis played badly at tackle but was kind of meh at right guard in 2018 (or 2019) and for a few games in 2020.
Bynum is worse than Woods and has yet to play 16 games.
Peterson is aight but I think he is heading downhill in his career.

It does not feel like too many upgrades at all.  I look forward to the draft as always but have no expectations from any of the draftees.  Not in the first year.

So, yes, I am praying now.

But I see you.

[Image: 200.gif]
Saying you dont think guys are an upgrade is way different than saying it’s a re-run of the same team. On paper, this defenseis better than the last two seasons. Just need guys to stay healthy
32 year old CB's don't  stay healthy. 

You are correct, they typically don’t. LB’s named Anthony Barr typically dont either. Apparently the same goes for DL named Michael Pierce, DE’s named Everson Griffen, and DE’s named Danielle Hunter. I think Hunter breaks the health curse and Za’Darius is playing for incentives so again, I think this team’s defense is better on paper than the last 2 years. No Breeland helps my argument though