Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Peterson is back
1 year deal with the Vikings 

Good move.

meh

I expect they'll include void years.

Looks like a re-run of the same team last year that missed the playoffs.

I can only pray now.

I'm surprised. Didn't think his asking and our offering would match up. But this is good. P2 will be a good mentor for the rookie. 

I like it. I think it really allows us to go BPA in the first round and grab a corner in the second round if that wasn't a corner in the 1st. 

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
meh

I can only pray now.
What are you talking about? How many new defensive starters did you want? It’s a one year deal by the way.

The defense now has a new starting DE, a new starting DT, a new starting LB, two new CBs for depth, a new starting G (likely), and a new lineman for depth. 

We will enter the season with Irv Smith currently healthy, same goes for Hunter. We also seemed prepared to enter with a new starting safety in Bynum. It’s not a re-run at all

Push that need down ... so if Sauce and the LSU kid are gone we aren't panicking.

Hellooooooo Jordan Davis ...

Have to say I like it, as many positive influences you can have in the beginning of things, the better.  As long as it doesn't cost you too much.   PP has one year here and has no real blood loyalty, he's just looking forward to the short term success.  If he likes what he sees, good enough for me.  PP  looks good in purple too.  This is consistent with my feelings about BRob 96 having  to go before his time,  players swim better in a deeper pool, which is best for the team and us fans, gives the team character.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Good move.
Agree.  We need CB's and Peterson had a few games of shutdown followed by some very average but overall, I think he was our best Corner on the year.  I was most disappointed in Mac because I really thought he was a good slot corner...Opps!  Then I fell for the whole free agent signing thingee where because we signed him they are an automatic above average player and nail down that spot - Breeland - certainly not a plug and play starter.  

I like resigning PP and Dantzler but we are still thin as a razor at CB.  Speaking of plug and play starter we have 2 awesome pass rushers with both coming off injuries, so do we pass on a very deep DE class?  Or what about the middle - Tomlinson who did little and Philips are they enough that if one of the interior fall that we pass on them?  We have a lot of needs and when it is all said and done we are going to see at least 7-9 new starters of the 22.  Plus we are moving to a 3-4.  

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
meh

I can only pray now.

How do you add void years to a one year deal?