Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk’s Our Dog:’ Vikings Stars Blown Away in Meeting With Cousins, Insider Says
Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@MarkSP18 said:
Don't matter what Leber says or the players say.

What matters is this team has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and has only been there once while paying top dollar for a QB.

Who the QB is/was doesn't matter either.

The strategy failed and two good football men lost their jobs.

Yet "the dog" got a raise.

Go figure.

The simpletons want to characterize those of us who were ready to move on from this strategy (which included getting rid of the QB) as "haters".  Sadly, it is the best they can do.

I do not know if a first time head coach and will be a first time full season play caller can "fix" what ails the team and specifically the offense. Unless 14th in scoring is good enough for some.

I do not know if a new defensive scheme will be good right out the gate.  May take some time there.

When you miss the playoffs two straight years then you need to SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.  PERIOD.

Cousins and Thielen said some fluff after signing their new deal about getting back to work and let's go win or something stupid.

Why are they even opening their mouths?

MFers could not even get in the EXPANDED playoffs two freaking years in a row.

I ain't trying to hear nothing from any Vikings player.

I could give a rats arse about a team meeting and players humping on Kirks leg.

The Vikings are the Keith Sweats on the NFL.

I'm gonna.
I'd like to say I stopped reading after the comment about "two good football men losing their jobs", but I admit I rubbernecked all the way through.
Same.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I'm starting to think a portion of the fan base has been sodomized by Kirk Cousins. Lured into his conversion van  by a handful of candy or maybe by a spot on cover of a Blink-182 song or a rousing rendition of Oklahoma. 
What did he do to you after he got you in the van?  It's ok to talk about it, this is a safe space.
Maybe this is the point I reiterate that I think Cousins is a complete nut job? I think I've said it often enough, but it looks like it needs repeating.

The fan base is something else. 8000 posts bitching about Cousins, about 3 complaints about a complete horse shit D. We've really got bunch of fucktards following this team.
[Image: 3f5babf1-3774-4595-9800-8c9e7283792f_text.gif]
This is why I rarely come around to this blog.

Dude wants to call other fans childish names because they do not agree with his opinion.

But I guess it is cool to do that kind of stuff here.
 It's not a blog.

@MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I'm starting to think a portion of the fan base has been sodomized by Kirk Cousins. Lured into his conversion van  by a handful of candy or maybe by a spot on cover of a Blink-182 song or a rousing rendition of Oklahoma. 
What did he do to you after he got you in the van?  It's ok to talk about it, this is a safe space.
Maybe this is the point I reiterate that I think Cousins is a complete nut job? I think I've said it often enough, but it looks like it needs repeating.

The fan base is something else. 8000 posts bitching about Cousins, about 3 complaints about a complete horse shit D. We've really got bunch of fucktards following this team.

Dude wants to call other fans childish names because they do not agree with his opinion.

Oh come on, Let the two little girls have their fun.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

Oh come on, Let the two little girls have their fun.
Little girls? Lol. You're one on the whinest little bitches on this board. Every fucking thing out of your mouth is a complaint. You must be a fucking joy to be around in real life. 

EDITED TO REMOVE INAPROPRIATE CONTENT. -Mike Olson

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@comet52 said:
@JustinTime18™ said:

So you were traumatized in the van... what did he do?  Did he read to you from the Bible?   Did he offer you pamphlets?   

Hmm,  being unhappy with the direction of the team for the last few years makes me whiny.., ok.

Quote: @rf54 said:
this means so much more than a couple of talking head morons on the radio.  Macky and Judd are typical of not knowing about the game because they have never competeted at a high level in the game.  Their sole objective is to sell add time and get sponsers.  
Mackey is a special kind of stupid/useless, the kind where his entire existence is now owed to the clickbait resulting from the QB he ridiculously derides.

It all remains to be proven, of course, but...let's face it: Kirk was a spotlight player with a coach that didn't want him...and work relationships have huge effects on productivity, quality, and so on.

I was very strongly in Zimmer's corner until I saw him as his own echo chamber.  No matter the OC, Zimmer wanted the same basic concepts.  The league seemed to figure out his defense, and most of his drafted CBs busted.  The reality became undeniable: Zimmer either declined, or the team/game passed him by in a hurry.

It's still a long way before week 1, but I can't help thinking that the mindset within the team (and especially the offense) will be more positive and more unified.

Quote: @JR44 said:
In most NFL cities it is not news when the QB speaks up in a meeting.  
This is the internet. Everything is news. 

Don't matter what Leber says or the players say.

What matters is this team has missed the playoffs the last two seasons and has only been there once while paying top dollar for a QB.

Who the QB is/was doesn't matter either.

The strategy failed and two good football men lost their jobs.

Yet "the dog" got a raise.

Go figure.

The simpletons want to characterize those of us who were ready to move on from this strategy (which included getting rid of the QB) as "haters".  Sadly, it is the best they can do.

I do not know if a first time head coach and will be a first time full season play caller can "fix" what ails the team and specifically the offense. Unless 14th in scoring is good enough for some.

I do not know if a new defensive scheme will be good right out the gate.  May take some time there.

When you miss the playoffs two straight years then you need to SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE.  PERIOD.

Cousins and Thielen said some fluff after signing their new deal about getting back to work and let's go win or something stupid.

Why are they even opening their mouths?

MFers could not even get in the EXPANDED playoffs two freaking years in a row.

I ain't trying to hear nothing from any Vikings player.

I could give a rats arse about a team meeting and players humping on Kirks leg.

The Vikings are the Keith Sweats on the NFL.

I'm gonna.
Youre welcome to get off the bandwagon. I’m sure the fanbase will be ok. 

I'll say this. I like Kirk. I want him to do well since he's our QB, and good to great QB play usually leads to a better chance of winning. Was there anything in his play during his tenure here that made me think wow, we've got a game changer??? I have to say no to that.

HOWEVER, I really think Zimmer handcuffed him due to Zim's penchant for playing not to lose. I was a big Zim supporter up until this year when it seemed every game he made some colossal game management mistake, or had a bad game plan in general. I'm excited by the new regime here as it feels like a breath of fresh air. Maybe now having a coach who believes in him, along with a system and play caller that appears to play to his strengths, and playmakers all around him.....we'll see the guy who we thought we were getting to be the big difference maker.