Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk’s Our Dog:’ Vikings Stars Blown Away in Meeting With Cousins, Insider Says
https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikin...ws-rumors/

From Leber:

Quote:Let me just say this to everybody who says he’s not a leader. I will agree with you for the most part up until this point I do think he lacks some of the intangibles most people are looking for at that position.
But there was a situation that happened this offseason that I’m privy to the information that has galvanized that locker room towards Kirk in ways that the public does not know.
There was a meeting — all of the biggest names on the team at this meeting — and Kirk blew everybody away. In how he handled it the things that were said, the things that were said in that group, ’cause it wasn’t just played there were other people within the organization there. Apparently, a couple of guys walked out of the meeting and said, ‘Kirk’s our dog. Kirk’s our freaking dog.’
Apparently, Kirk came in very prepared for this type of meeting. Apparently, he had been taking notes all season long and laid it all out. I guess the guys were like, ‘Damn, this is a guy that we can ride with that’s going to have our backs at all times…’
Kirk’s been listening. And Kirk’s been writing stuff down. And Kirk has the team’s back.

Ok dog. Get us that trophy. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

From Leber:

Let me just say this to everybody who says he’s not a leader. I will agree with you for the most part up until this point I do think he lacks some of the intangibles most people are looking for at that position.
But there was a situation that happened this offseason that I’m privy to the information that has galvanized that locker room towards Kirk in ways that the public does not know.
There was a meeting — all of the biggest names on the team at this meeting — and Kirk blew everybody away. In how he handled it the things that were said, the things that were said in that group, ’cause it wasn’t just played there were other people within the organization there. Apparently, a couple of guys walked out of the meeting and said, ‘Kirk’s our dog. Kirk’s our freaking dog.’
Apparently, Kirk came in very prepared for this type of meeting. Apparently, he had been taking notes all season long and laid it all out. I guess the guys were like, ‘Damn, this is a guy that we can ride with that’s going to have our backs at all times…’
Kirk’s been listening. And Kirk’s been writing stuff down. And Kirk has the team’s back.
Sounds like Kirk.  Wouldn't be surprised if he noted the day and time of each comment.  Lets see it on the field instead of in a team meeting.

OK  lets see if this dog will hunt.

If not it's just a good amount of barking.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:

From Leber:

Let me just say this to everybody who says he’s not a leader. I will agree with you for the most part up until this point I do think he lacks some of the intangibles most people are looking for at that position.

All this sounds strange. Why hold an offseason team meeting to clear the air about negative things said or heard regarding Cousins? Interesting take by Leber though that he didn't consider Cousin's a leader and lacked the intangibles to be considered a leader until this note-taking meeting changed his mind. None of this adds up to me. 

Definitely seems too good to be true but hey if it’s true, giddyup let’s go. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@PurpleCrush said:

From Leber:

All this sounds strange. Why hold an offseason team meeting to clear the air about negative things said or heard regarding Cousins? Interesting take by Leber though that he didn't consider Cousin's a leader and lacked the intangibles to be considered a leader until this note-taking meeting changed his mind. None of this adds up to me. 
my guess? Players were frustrated with the Zimmer / Spielman show.  There needed to be SOMEONE still in the building to give some semblance of stability to returning and new team members.  Kwesi and KOC are “one month” into there jobs, they probably dont even know where the mens room is.   

A veteran needed to stand up and say “theres been a regime change, the Wilf’s listened to the players, we need to show them and our fans that we can do this.  Lets help each other, lets help the coaches, lets get this done”

It needs to come from the QB, and I’m thrilled to hear that it did.

I'm betting Mannion was his note taker...

In most NFL cities it is not news when the QB speaks up in a meeting.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
In most NFL cities it is not news when the QB speaks up in a meeting.  
...and in ONE city its a miracle if he Shuts the F up