Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz To Commodes
Comp update: Washington also is receiving a 2022 7th-round pick from Indianapolis as the last part of the Carson Wentz trade that is sending him from the Colts to the Commanders, per source.

Wash gets: Wentz, a 2nd and a 7th.

Colts get: a 2nd, a 3rd and a conditional 3rd.

Rick Spielman was unavailable for comment.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@pattersaur said:
Starting to wonder if the absolute dearth of Cousins trade chatter means the Vikings are in total love with the guy, or the rest of the league hates his guts. Honestly not sure.
More than anything, that contract restricts almost everything both ways. I think the new Vikings might like him, but not in love with him. Other teams might have SOME interest, but not enough to give up the compensation. Minnesota doesn't want to give him away. Its just not anything close to optimal for anyone in any potential scenario. 

Cousin's contract is just f-ing brutal. Its almost radioactive. He produces but I'm certain not perceived as elite by anyone. I do like Cousins, but not at what he's going to make this upcoming season. But what's the alternative if nobody wants to trade for him and give proper comp? The whole thing is a messed up situation.

I guarantee NFL GM's like Kirk a hell of a lot more than Wentz or Jimmy G, but his contract is the hold up. It would mean 1 year for $45MM...outside of a small group of QB's, not a lot of teams will want that regardless of the player. If there's a way to extend his contract for another 2-3 years and lower the cap hit this year then teams would be calling quite a bit. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
Starting to wonder if the absolute dearth of Cousins trade chatter means the Vikings are in total love with the guy, or the rest of the league hates his guts. Honestly not sure.
Yea, that is a point I was making for a couple weeks now.  We are going to find out what the other teams looking for a veteran QB think of Cousins.  We seem to have 2 groups on this site (or at least I created 2 groups Smile.  Those that think Kirk is good enough to get us a SB (Group 1) and want an extension and Group 2 which would like to get the most for Kirk and use the picks and Cap saving to start a rebuild.  Group 1 always points to Kirk's stats which are always Top 10, so I am hoping that one of those teams falls for the stat trap and lets us move on.  I have seen enough of Kirk to think he is not answer for us or really any team.   

So far it is crickets on the Kirk front around the league but we have a week or so to see how things develop in the market.  If their are no rumors of strong interest I don't think that sends a very good message to the Group 1 folks but we will then be stuck rooting for him anyway, of course.  
I don't think the Vikings want to trade Cousins, so we don't know how many teams have called, been told no and turned their attention elsewhere. Also, the first QB was better than Kirk. The next QB went to a team that would never be interested in Kirk. So if he IS on the market, those transactions tell us nothing. 
In this day and age everything is revealed so we will know the interest level for Kirk.  I know you are for keeping Kirk and extending to mitigate his salary CAP hit so I can see where you are coming from.  I am for ripping off this band aide for a new regime to start anew without past decisions bogging them down. Kirk is the albatross and I am really hoping some team likes him as much as you do and gives us a decent deal. 

If the next few weeks go by and we hear no interest from other teams I think it would be naive to think that tells us nothing.  It tells me a lot.    
You'd have to be pretty naive to think that IF Cousins were available, no team would be interested. Even at his salary. 
So you are convinced that Cousins is not available and that Kwesi is not even entertaining interest levels?  I don't, they are looking at every option including interest from other teams adn that will all be revealed.  We obviously disagree on Kirk and I am convinced that Kwesi is looking at every possible option, it is the smart thing to do.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:
Yea, that is a point I was making for a couple weeks now.  We are going to find out what the other teams looking for a veteran QB think of Cousins.  We seem to have 2 groups on this site (or at least I created 2 groups Smile.  Those that think Kirk is good enough to get us a SB (Group 1) and want an extension and Group 2 which would like to get the most for Kirk and use the picks and Cap saving to start a rebuild.  Group 1 always points to Kirk's stats which are always Top 10, so I am hoping that one of those teams falls for the stat trap and lets us move on.  I have seen enough of Kirk to think he is not answer for us or really any team.   

So far it is crickets on the Kirk front around the league but we have a week or so to see how things develop in the market.  If their are no rumors of strong interest I don't think that sends a very good message to the Group 1 folks but we will then be stuck rooting for him anyway, of course.  
I don't think the Vikings want to trade Cousins, so we don't know how many teams have called, been told no and turned their attention elsewhere. Also, the first QB was better than Kirk. The next QB went to a team that would never be interested in Kirk. So if he IS on the market, those transactions tell us nothing. 
In this day and age everything is revealed so we will know the interest level for Kirk.  I know you are for keeping Kirk and extending to mitigate his salary CAP hit so I can see where you are coming from.  I am for ripping off this band aide for a new regime to start anew without past decisions bogging them down. Kirk is the albatross and I am really hoping some team likes him as much as you do and gives us a decent deal. 

If the next few weeks go by and we hear no interest from other teams I think it would be naive to think that tells us nothing.  It tells me a lot.    
You'd have to be pretty naive to think that IF Cousins were available, no team would be interested. Even at his salary. 
So you are convinced that Cousins is not available and that Kwesi is not even entertaining interest levels?  I don't, they are looking at every option including interest from other teams adn that will all be revealed.  We obviously disagree on Kirk and I am convinced that Kwesi is looking at every possible option, it is the smart thing to do.  
Why would you read that into it? I'm convinced of nothing....other than IF he is indeed available there will be teams interested. 

@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:

Why would you read that into it? I'm convinced of nothing....other than IF he is indeed available there will be teams interested. 
Maybe I am misreading your post's indicating that Kirk is not available??  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:

You might notice an "IF" in front of all those statements. The fact is we just don't know. I think the Vikings would prefer to keep him, but with that comes variables that factor in. At what cost? And what are teams offering? 

@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@pattersaur said:

You might notice an "IF" in front of all those statements. The fact is we just don't know. I think the Vikings would prefer to keep him, but with that comes variables that factor in. At what cost? And what are teams offering? 
Gotcha I did misread but I also think every detail of other team interests will be revealed.  So far nothing but thigs are heating up on the QB front that is for sure.  

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 3h
Washington's exhaustive QB search spanned five trade options (Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo) along with Mitch Trubisky as a prime free agency target before zeroing in on the Wentz deal, per source.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 3h
Washington's exhaustive QB search spanned five trade options (Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Jimmy Garoppolo) along with Mitch Trubisky as a prime free agency target before zeroing in on the Wentz deal, per source.
And the circle begins again where teams will draft some QBs way too high, they'll flounder and fail, and they'll draft another one in 3 years and wash, rinse and repeat. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 3h
And the Colts couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Rumors are that he's not just bad but locker-room poison. Chalk another one up for the WTFs.