Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooooooooooooooo
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Zulgad...the Panthers have called the Vikings inquiring about Cousins 

And the Vikings should listen lol! 

They'll get more than one call I'm sure. Its that time of year....

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

If we get an offer of Darnold and a pick orpicks for Cousins and then Baker and a pick or picks for Cousins then I am 100% picking Baker. I thought the issue with Darnold was being with the Jets, but that dude broken

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 
I would think so but the issue then becomes, you really need the picks next year rather than this year if the Vikings have their eyes on one of the top QBs in 2023. So then you’re kind of stuck trying to turn either #6 or #12 into 2023 assets.

Carolina does make sense as a possible partner but overall I think a trade is going to be pretty difficult. The wildcard would be if the Vikings fall in love with Pickett or Willis.

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

If we get an offer of Darnold and a pick orpicks for Cousins and then Baker and a pick or picks for Cousins then I am 100% picking Baker. I thought the issue with Darnold was being with the Jets, but that dude broken

Same. There's just something super intriguing about a healthy Baker Mayfield running this offense under OConnell. Gives us some athleticism at the position, youth, and I'm not sure he isn't a better trigger man running this offense then Cousins would be

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I'd rather they were taking to the Brownies...And not strengthen an NFC foe. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I think you're on the right track. If it was last year's class, I might say yes, but Darnold just doesn't have it. Honestly, I think I'd rather have Teddy. But I think the Vikings are going to have to find a partner with a big-contract QB. 

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Sam Darnold is really bad.  I just wouldn't see how he could add any value to a trade.

@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

I want 2 firsts in next years draft if we move off Cousins it has to have a first round in next years draft included so we have the ammo to move into the top tier of picks.  Likely would have to include our 24 first rounder as well if we are towards the higher end of our typical 12-24 draft position.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Sam Darnold is really bad.  I just wouldn't see how he could add any value to a trade.
his value is the panthers get to unload him...its not his value in the trade to us, but to the panthers IMO.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

his value is the panthers get to unload him...its not his value in the trade to us, but to the panthers IMO.
Also the value is Rhule needs to win NOW so that certainly helps us. Darnold, the 6th overall pick and potentially another first would do it for me, just saying Darnold wouldn't be my first choice.