https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...mccardell/

DL coach of a 3-4 team.

This be me....

[Image: article-0-1A2B262D00000578-818_636x382.jpg]

[Image: rQ90nMhK_normal.jpg]
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
· 16m
The Minnesota Vikings are hiring former Chicago Bears secondary coach Deshea Townsend as their new secondary coach, according to a league source not authorized to speak publicly. @PFN365

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

Interesting article, but it does kind of confirm gurus comments the other day about Kendricks not being a great scheme fit and the interior linebacker positions not being as important in this scheme and you can get by with average players. Money is spent on the back end and the edges. You might as well try to move him for draft picks and save the 9 million on his salary. 

Also wondering if changing to a 3-4 brings the possibility of Anthony Barr staying as he seems like a perfect fit. If the choice is between retaining Barr or Kendricks then it's Anthony Barr every time in a 3-4 defense 
If you look around the NFL, the teams that run a 3-4 have ILBs you need a game-day program to identify. No names all around. It's like cover-two corners. You can pick one up at the 7-11 in Bloomington. 

So if Kendricks is not a fit, it's more due to his salary than anything. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Interesting article, but it does kind of confirm gurus comments the other day about Kendricks not being a great scheme fit and the interior linebacker positions not being as important in this scheme and you can get by with average players. Money is spent on the back end and the edges. You might as well try to move him for draft picks and save the 9 million on his salary. 

Also wondering if changing to a 3-4 brings the possibility of Anthony Barr staying as he seems like a perfect fit. If the choice is between retaining Barr or Kendricks then it's Anthony Barr every time in a 3-4 defense 
If you look around the NFL, the teams that run a 3-4 have ILBs you need a game-day program to identify. No names all around. It's like cover-two corners. You can pick one up at the 7-11 in Bloomington. 

So if Kendricks is not a fit, it's more due to his salary than anything. 
I think that 7-11 must have closed,  Zimmer couldnt find a corner to save his ass or his job the last couple years when he needed one or three.

I agree on Kendrick,  he is the C of the D,  but if they are going a new direction with a lot of new faces on that side of the ball, his cap money might be better spent on securing players that are more specialized in the 3-4 or at least guys that will be in a position to have a bigger impact.  I would hate to see him go because he plays with so much intensity and passion,  but its the dawn of a new era of Vikings football and we fans need to be ready to embrace the changes needed to make it a successful one.

loosing Kendricks would suck bad. 

I see hunter leaving before Kendricks.

[Image: 6d63br5ueo7h.jpeg]

We need to be prepared for a serious roster makeover, including most likely fan favorites, get your popcorn ready! 
B) 

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
[Image: 6d63br5ueo7h.jpeg]

We need to be prepared for a serious roster makeover, including most likely fan favorites, get your popcorn ready! 
B) 

One of the reasons I was not in favor of switching over to a 3-4 defense. If it doesn't work out and they lose Kendricks/Hunter in the process, I'll personally fly to Minneapolis to shove that bag of popcorn up whomever's ass is most responsible. It's a big transition and I hope they know what they are doing.