Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed, Edward, Eddie, It's Donatell
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
With Ed Donatell hired as the Vikings' new DC, Minnesota will almost certainly be running a 3-4 defense for the first time in a long time. It's going to be very interesting to see what that means for their roster construction this offseason.

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Under Ed Donatell, who will be the #Vikings new defensive coordinator, the Denver Broncos last season were third in the NFL in scoring defense and eighth in total defense.

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Source says the #Vikings will name Ed Donatell as their new defensive coordinator next week under new coach Kevin O'Connell. Donatell, 65, was Denver's defensive coordinator the past three seasons.

I reached out to Ed's third grade English teacher. Mrs Huffenstein commented that Ed's penmanship needed to improve.

The Vikings are hiring longtime NFL defensive backs coach and DC Ed Donatell as their new defensive coordinator, per
@BenGoessling. Donatell has 31 years of NFL coaching experience, 11 of them as a DC. He spent the last decade working with Vic Fangio.

We like this, right? Tons of experience and Denver defense has been solid lately. All due respect to Jared Goff but if this guy is used to gameplanning for Mahomes and Herbert, I think he’ll he quite happy to join the NFC North. 

[Image: rQ90nMhK_bigger.jpg]
Vikings expected to hire former Broncos Pro Bowl offensive lineman, assistant line coach Chris Kuper as offensive line coach under new coach Kevin O'Connell, according to an NFL source
@PFN365 Kuper has also coached for the Miami Dolphins since retiring in 2014.

[Image: 12274462_10208309204513094_1422848551988555614_n.jpg]

i like it.  Next best thing to Fangio himself, which is who I wanted. Brings a huge experience element and Head coaching experience to the round table.

Its interesting to me that we have zeroed in on 3-4 despite our current personnel. Methinks Kwesi ‘s analytics in full play already.  

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: rQ90nMhK_bigger.jpg]
Vikings expected to hire former Broncos Pro Bowl offensive lineman, assistant line coach Chris Kuper as offensive line coach under new coach Kevin O'Connell, according to an NFL source
@PFN365 Kuper has also coached for the Miami Dolphins since retiring in 2014.

So he was Munchak’s assistant the last 3 yrs…