Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Ready To Play Ball?
Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
· 14m
Soon-to-be Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell conveyed a firm belief in Kirk Cousins during the interview process, I'm told. He's high on him. The front office must decide on Cousins' future due to his $45M cap hit, but many coaches interviewing for job liked Cousins, O'Connell included
Yea, I expected all the candidates to come to the interview prepared to call the 45million baby ugly Smile

Did anyone, I mean anyone, expect any other "quotes" from either of them that wasn't kumbaya? 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JR44" said:
It wouldn't be the first time an organization put out specific information to help hype the trade value of a player.  Similar to right before the draft, it is difficult to know which reports have any kind of validity.  
Truth...

But Fowler and nacholeber are not part of the Vikings and Ben tells it like he thinks, he's been plenty critical of the vikings in the past. 
Doesn't Leber have a radio gig with the Vikings broadcast team from KFan?  He may not be directly employed, but we know they talk. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JR44" said:
It wouldn't be the first time an organization put out specific information to help hype the trade value of a player.  Similar to right before the draft, it is difficult to know which reports have any kind of validity.  
Truth...

But Fowler and nacholeber are not part of the Vikings and Ben tells it like he thinks, he's been plenty critical of the vikings in the past. 
Doesn't Leber have a radio gig with the Vikings broadcast team from KFan?  He may not be directly employed, but we know they talk. 
He may...I just dont feel like he's a schill for the franchise or disinengenous to speaking whats really on his mind. Just a fans opinion..

Quote: @"Norse" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
@"Norse" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I just don't see a way the Vikings can trade Cousins and avoid a rebuild, which the Wilfs have clearly stated they do not want. I'm open to trading him; I just don't see a solution that allows them to remain in the hunt for the division title. 
Bradford went down. A backup QB come in and took the team to 13-3. It can be done with a lesser QB. just good coaching.
And the #1 scoring defense....which we clearly don't have
And we havent been to the playoffs in 3 years.
Actually they went in ‘19, and missed the last 2. I know 3 makes it sound worse. But….

[Image: 4y0kx5yvm5es.png]

I'm just going to leave this right here...

Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB and I have yet to see a rational argument otherwise. I’ve said it over and over, if you can’t win with Kirk Cousins as your QB you shouldn’t be the head coach of the team. He’s literally the least of our problems. 
Ben’s right, HC candidates all loved Cousins because he’s a good freaking QB. He’s incredible against the rush and constantly puts the team in position to win. Besides the one game he didn’t play, every other loss was by 8 points or less. If you improve our defense, it will make a huge difference in wins. We are not nearly as far from the playoffs as people believe.

Wanting to blow everything up by getting rid of Cousins is insane/irrational. It is not supported by a remotely sound argument. 
This is a very good draft for edge rushers and cornerbacks. Two big areas of need for us. We’ll likely have an instant starter waiting for us at our first pick. Possibly our second pick as well. For a year where we need to improve the defense, we are getting really lucky in terms of this drafts strengths. 
As for Cousin’s, I’d do a 4 or 5 year contract in more the traditional sense. Spreading it out, his cap number will be very manageable. We will have some horsepower to make this defense better. Cousins probably has a good 7 years left if he continues to be so ridiculously durable. He’s far from being done and I have no clue why people think he has a only few years left. There’s literally nothing to substantiate that. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I just don't see a way the Vikings can trade Cousins and avoid a rebuild, which the Wilfs have clearly stated they do not want. I'm open to trading him; I just don't see a solution that allows them to remain in the hunt for the division title. 
We haven't been close to winning a division title in the 4 years he has been here and we have 1 playoff appearance, I don't see how that is going to change, so I would rather rebuild than be stuck in another 4 years of mediocrity.  
We didn't have a HC that really ran an offense well in the 4 years that Kirk's been here, and Kirk's had a line with glaring problems the whole time...oh, yeah, and half of that time, the defense was 1-2 positions from dead last...and that was after years of kickers that couldn't hit FGs/XPs.

Remember any of that?  Maybe, just maybe, the QB that actually got us a lot of points DESPITE those issues wasn't the problem.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"JR44" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
We haven't been close to winning a division title in the 4 years he has been here and we have 1 playoff appearance, I don't see how that is going to change, so I would rather rebuild than be stuck in another 4 years of mediocrity.  
We didn't have a HC that really ran an offense well in the 4 years that Kirk's been here, and Kirk's had a line with glaring problems the whole time...oh, yeah, and half of that time, the defense was 1-2 positions from dead last...and that was after years of kickers that couldn't hit FGs/XPs.

Remember any of that?  Maybe, just maybe, the QB that actually got us a lot of points DESPITE those issues wasn't the problem.
… And Joe Burrow got sacked 51 times this year. It’s fine to support KC, he’s a good QB, but there are plenty of QBs who are better. Some fans long for that and wish this franchise would at least attempt to attain it. 

Quote: @"Zanary" said:

Got it, nothing was Kirk's fault Smile All of the times he looked like a deer in headlights in a big game was because he didn't have a supportive coach and no one else on the team was any good.  Also having the best RB and WR tandem in the league actually was prohibitive to his success in some way as well Smile

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB and I have yet to see a rational argument otherwise. I’ve said it over and over, if you can’t win with Kirk Cousins as your QB you shouldn’t be the head coach of the team. He’s literally the least of our problems. 
Ben’s right, HC candidates all loved Cousins because he’s a good freaking QB. He’s incredible against the rush and constantly puts the team in position to win. Besides the one game he didn’t play, every other loss was by 8 points or less. If you improve our defense, it will make a huge difference in wins. We are not nearly as far from the playoffs as people believe.

Wanting to blow everything up by getting rid of Cousins is insane/irrational. It is not supported by a remotely sound argument. 
This is a very good draft for edge rushers and cornerbacks. Two big areas of need for us. We’ll likely have an instant starter waiting for us at our first pick. Possibly our second pick as well. For a year where we need to improve the defense, we are getting really lucky in terms of this drafts strengths. 
As for Cousin’s, I’d do a 4 or 5 year contract in more the traditional sense. Spreading it out, his cap number will be very manageable. We will have some horsepower to make this defense better. Cousins probably has a good 7 years left if he continues to be so ridiculously durable. He’s far from being done and I have no clue why people think he has a only few years left. There’s literally nothing to substantiate that. 
Kirk is set to have the 3rd highest cap hit this season behind Ryan and Rogers... you cant see any rational arguments about his value, in his mid 30s,  to a team that is up against a cap wall and is likely a year or two away from making any real noise in the NFC?

you can win with a guy of his skills,  and lack of skills,  but you cant win with that combination at a high cap hit which affects your ability to build out the team around him to be able to overcome those missing skills/traits.  He can say all he wants about "wanting to be here" or "wanting to work with KOC"  but money talks and bull shit walks and he has to show more than bull shit when it comes to these negotiations or its in the best interest of the team to send him walking.