Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say What Now?
What coach would want to take the Dolphins head coaching job now?  Think about it -- you're going to be heavily scrutinized over the next couple of seasons; if the paid tanking accusations are true, the Dolphins will probably lose draft picks (among other penalties), may be hard to get free agents to come to the Dolphins as long as Ross is owner and there is going to be a cloud over the entire organization.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
What coach would want to take the Dolphins head coaching job now?  Think about it -- you're going to be heavily scrutinized over the next couple of seasons; if the paid tanking accusations are true, the Dolphins will probably lose draft picks (among other penalties), may be hard to get free agents to come to the Dolphins as long as Ross is owner and there is going to be a cloud over the entire organization.
Lol, the Dolphins.  Class-action, bro.   You're missing the bigger picture. 

Flores just tapped into something larger.  Much larger.  Even Kaep is taking a bow.  

Have you read the news/news reactions to this suit?  Google it. 

Go coach Flores!   
(and whoever his lawyers are...hit a HR on the press-release)

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
[Image: k7_pAdOS_normal.jpg]
Alex Weprin
@alexweprin
· 13m
Flores says that Stephen Ross, the owner of the Miami Dolphins, offered to pay him $100,000 for every loss during 2019 season to help the team get a better draft spot. Was mad when they kept winning.

The first rule of tank club is you never talk about tank club…  Wink 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
Go coach Flores!   
(and whoever his lawyers are...hit a HR on the press-release)
The Night, Flores brought the NFL down
Na, na na na na. Na na na na, na na na na na.

It's weird timing, he was in the middle of the interview process with two other teams I heard.   I can't figure what his angle is.

Maybe he just wanted to get the dirt out on Ross after being fired.  And the lawsuit is good cover.  Instead of just making accusations standalone, you sue the league for allegedly not following its own rules and then use the publicity this creates to jam up Ross.

The last lawsuit over league rules afaik was city of St. Louis in the Rams move case.   They won a big settlement but their lawyers are taking a huge cut.   Does Flores just want a payout instead of a career, or does he figure a win in the lawsuit somehow gets him a job?  It doesn't make a lotta sense either way for multiple reasons. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
It's weird timing, he was in the middle of the interview process with two other teams I heard.   I can't figure what his angle is.
His angle is race.  And race relations in the US.  Brilliant!

htt ps://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1488659713587875845

I may be wrong...but this is a seminal event. 

He probably never work in NFL again but he will get a big check to settle so he wont have to.

Cant beleve Bill Belichick absentmindedly sent text messages accidentally implicating the only team to beat him twice in the superbowl. All time blunder

Quote: @"claykenny" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Just asking,  what did Ross do wrong that indy didn't do when they sucked for luck?  Or other teams that have shut down stars at them end of pointless campaigns?
Bribery to impact the outcome of a sporting event is a federal crime. If Ross offered him money to lose and Flores has proof, Ross has more than the NFL to be worried about.

At least the maximum prison sentence is only 5 years.

Edited just to clarify an owner telling a coach to lose is not an issue, aside from the whole integrity of the game thing. It’s the bribery/incentive portion that makes it a big deal from a legal standpoint.
LOL,  integrity of the game.  The same game that washed over brain injuries,  the same game that refuses to got to full time officials and allows those incompetent officials to determine the outcome of games through inconsistent enforcement of arbitrary amd constantly changing rules...that integrity of the game?  

Like I said,  its been apparent in the past that teams have flopped for better draft position and nothing was ever made of it.  Honestly if Flores was the good guy here he wouldn't have waited so long to bring the accusations out,   why didn't he go to the Goodell much earlier if this was in any way about preserving the integrity of the game?  This is about revenge and nothing more for Flores. 

As far as the giants thing,  is it racist that they hired the better candidate,  simply because the guy they didn't hire/interview was black?  I would wager that the reason they moved so quickly on dabol is likely because he was a top candidate and didn't want to lose out on him to another team... makes perfect sense to me without some other information that would point to racist tendencies by the giants.

Does racism exist,  most definitely,   is this an example of it,  imo..no,  not based on this act alone.  Sounds more like more sour grapes by Flores.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
@"JR44" said:
So the Giants hired the guy who is credited with transforming Josh Allen into one the league's best QBs and was razor close to going to the Super Bowl two at years in a row over a guy who was just let go from his team, because the consensus within the organization was that he was an egomaniac who verbally abused others.  There are reports of him completely abused Tua in practices.  And this becomes a racism lawsuit?  So if you get let go and you can't find another job then the answer is to just create a lawsuit, sounds pretty familiar.

Funny thing is that the Dolphins long time GM is black, their DC is black as well as 4 other coaches and their owner tried everything he could to trade for Watson.  I wouldn't doubt he was offered money to lose game as that would have netted them Burrow, but that doesn't have anything to do with race. 
What does the Dolphins having a black GM, other black coaches and the team wanting a black QB have to do with the Giants allegations?
Nice try, how about actually reading what I wrote which was comparing him to Daboll, but go ahead with your agenda here and post whatever you want to read into it.  
It has everything to do with the Giants had their guy they wanted and because of the Rooney Rule had to go through the motions.  IF this is all true.  JR44's point is easily inferred.  Flores WHOLE CASE is because racism and JR44's point is it has NOTHING to do with race it is all about performance and need.  Daboll turned Josh Allen into an All Pro, the Giants have a talented young QB in Daniel Jones they want the same results for.   Flores had TUA and did NOTHING to advance his development.  In fact, he regressed.  The other point is Flores was HIRED by Miami, so when he doesn't get desired results and gets fired now all of a sudden the Dolphins front office is racist?