Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh: Don't count out the Vikings
Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Per source, the Vikings are interviewing Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh

I'll take my crow lightly breaded with a side of sacracia...
Daaaang. That's big. 

Cooperation.
Ego supression.
Building for sustained long term success.

Harbaugh embodies none of the above.

Now, we pair this with another move that looks like pure cronyism.

My bride just sharted in her wedding dress at the reception after making out with the best man.

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
I'd lose all respect for Kwesi if less than a week on the job he knowingly allowed himself to be used for a buddy to get a pay bump. The HC search could be a career defining moment for him. I'd hope he'd put his own legacy and the team ahead of getting an already successful coach a few million more. 

I wouldn't.  If he helped Harbaugh, I am sure Harbaugh will, in return, help Kwesi out with info about Michigan draft eligible players.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"bigbone62" said:
I'd lose all respect for Kwesi if less than a week on the job he knowingly allowed himself to be used for a buddy to get a pay bump. The HC search could be a career defining moment for him. I'd hope he'd put his own legacy and the team ahead of getting an already successful coach a few million more. 

I wouldn't.  If he helped Harbaugh, I am sure Harbaugh will, in return, help Kwesi out with info about Michigan draft eligible players.
You don't think Harbaugh would help him regardless of that? If not they don't have much of a relationship. Beyond that what you outlined is part of a college coaches job to begin with. Relationship or not. Get kids drafted and it raises your program's stock with recruits.

And you don't think he would help out Harbaugh if asked?  If not they don't have much of a relationship.

Yes, I am sure Harbaugh pumps up all his draft eligible players.  But does he tell the scouts the negative stuff?

Finally, the interview process also helps the team, as the interviewee will be assessing the team.  Interviews can produce valuable insights.  So, it is a win for everyone.

Really don't want Harbaugh as our HC.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
And you don't think he would help out Harbaugh if asked?  If not they don't have much of a relationship.

Yes, I am sure Harbaugh pumps up all his draft eligible players.  But does he tell the scouts the negative stuff?

Finally, the interview process also helps the team, as the interviewee will be assessing the team.  Interviews can produce valuable insights.  So, it is a win for everyone.
Harbaugh wouldn't do this regardless? Again, if they have a relationship it wouldn't require some sort of tit for tat. And would, as you say, be a win for everyone. 

Quote: @"bigbone62" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:

Harbaugh wouldn't do this regardless? Again, if they have a relationship it wouldn't require some sort of tit for tat. And would, as you say, be a win for everyone. 
I am sorry, but I was responding to you writing this: "I'd lose all respect for Kwesi if less than a week on the job he knowingly allowed himself to be used for a buddy to get a pay bump."  Now, you are agreeing with me that interviewing Harbaugh would be a "win for everyone."  Confused. 

Odd that this hasn't hit the NFL Network crawl yet.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Really don't want Harbaugh as our HC.
I'm not sure what to think. He's easily the most qualified. And maybe the highest floor among all the others. Just not sure he has the upside of some. And I question the fit. I'm excited about the next "young, bright mind" like Mike McConnell...er Neil O'Donnell...whatever his name is. And Harbaugh is not that.